Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Whats Going On??

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  gmfamily 
#1 · (Edited)
Is there any new news on the upcoming GM SUVs?? I thought these trucks were going to be in showrooms by early spring? If that is the case, ordering should open up soon? That being said, there has been very little buzz or info about these new SUVs. The looks (to me) are already questionable and the prices (possible) are going up. With more things going against them then going for them, can we at least get some info or product hype. Cadillac already lost me (did not like new CTS) to BMW for a new sedan. We really wanted a new Escalade (have had our name on a list since Sept) but I am just underwhelmed at this point. When I ask local dealers about the Escalade, they look at me like I am talking about Area 51. They have no information and just
talk about how slow the new ATS and CTS are selling. We have a 08 Denali thats about to hit 100K miles, I would really like to
trade it before a dealer gives
me $10 dollars for it. Sorry to vent, I just wake up everyday expecting some news on the Escalade and there is NONE. Everyday before the new Vett was released there was promo material and youtube commercials to get
people (who were already excited) more excited and ready to order. The design does not exactly sell itself (to me) so how
about some new pics, reviews, commercials, stats, anything!!:mad:

p.s. while just searching for anything Escalade, I did find this instead PRICE BUMP

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2...ahoes-and-suburbans-will-rise-1000-3000.html/

Nice :-(

See less See more
#3 ·
Holy crap! A base Tahoe at $45k that's amazing I remember base Tahoes being in the low $30k range.

No mater how much they raise the escalade prices they will get it. Around here in Boston, I see more platinum escalades than the "base" models and we are talking $87k for a platinum. Escalade is a big GM seller, they are still flying off the showroom floors even with competition from the new range rover and GL.

On the other hand they over priced the ATS and CTS. I was looking a 14' CTS luxury 2.0 today that was $57k sticker marked down to $51k already. It was a good buy but I didn't like the silver. If it was black or white I would of jumped on it ( even tho I really want the V coupe).

#4 ·
Yeah, I wanted a V too, ended up ordering a 2014 M5. It will be the first foreign car we have purchased. With the way its going with the Escalade, I think we may just end up with a X5 or GL. They both seem a little feminine, but its for my wife anyway.

#10 ·
I was looking to trade my 08 750Li for the new XTS Vsport and found the pricing to be way to high and no availability yet. I instead traded for a 535i x drive and got them to throw in the 6/100 maintenance plan. I have always said Cadillac should offer the exact same maintenance plan BMW offers if they want to compete but instead they off just oil and then lower the powertrain warranty to 70K miles.

#9 · (Edited)
Currently have a 13 M5, 2012 Sierra Denali and a 2011 Escalade. Was no contest for me between the V and the M5. Amazing car. Waiting patiently (ish) to replace the Escalade but not a lot coming out of GM on timing. Warranty runs out in May. Wife likes the new look from the pictures, but it's a tight race with the AMG GL63. Would really like to see the online configurator.

#11 ·
Poncherello said:
I was looking to trade my 08 750Li for the new XTS Vsport and found the pricing to be way to high and no availability yet. I instead traded for a 535i x drive and got them to throw in the 6/100 maintenance plan. I have always said Cadillac should offer the exact same maintenance plan BMW offers if they want to compete but instead they off just oil and then lower the powertrain warranty to 70K miles.
You own a 7 Series BMW and your complaining about the price of the V Sport ?? I'm not following that math at all. VSport can be had in high 60k range. It's a lot if car for the price and much much more pleasing on the eye. IMHO

Your points on the "Cadillac Shield" service vs BMW are well taken. Cadillac program is really lame and is nearly oil change and tire rotation. The fact that BMW goes all out and even covers brakes is pretty good. But, you pay for that in the price of the BMW. Do any build your own on a BMW and they are still priced higher than the Cadillac Cadillacs giving you a lot more car with a lot more styling for the money.

----------

One more thing. Hold onto your hats and fasten your seatbelt because Cadillac is indeed coming out with a flagship that has the 7 series and Mercedes SL in its targets. The new CEO has cars running through her veins and I'm sure she's going to continue to give the Cadillac engineers all the funding that they need to make this a world beater and truly have a Cadillac as " The Standard of The World" again.

#13 ·
Back to the original question…Spoke to local dealer principle last week at dealership and he had know clue related to Escalade pricing or order guide info. He
asked me if I would be interested in t Denali because according to him they will be available much sooner than an Escalade. He said Tahoe and Yukon sometime Q1 and
Escalade will be Q2 early summer (June) but of course that was his speculation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.