4wd vs awd - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 4wd vs awd in Cadillac Escalade Forums; this should indicate the 4wd knob....
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Thumbs up Re: 4wd vs awd

this should indicate the 4wd knob.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 4wd vs awd

Why is there a face in the cluster??

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Why is there a face in the cluster??
    I guess somebody was calling when the picture was taken. like an iPhone will show the caller.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    That's the government..... They are always watching.......

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    this should indicate the 4wd knob.
    Just for the record, if you have an original 2007 Escalade sales brochure you will see the Escalade ESV with the dual knob in the picture, and of course they were all wheel drive, but the brochure shows different

True enough .... It's possible when the vehicle comes out there will be some changes from what we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone

Just for the record, if you have an original 2007 Escalade sales brochure you will see the Escalade ESV with the dual knob in the picture, and of course they were all wheel drive, but the brochure shows different
    recent reviews by car mags still show the 4wd button. I think the 4wd button is better than awd. so, next time jeremy clarkson pits the escalade to climb uk's biggest peak it will perform better than their iconic range rover.

the funny part is most escalade and range rover drivers dont see more than city streets anyways...................................
    hcvone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    the funny part is most escalade and range rover drivers dont see more than city streets anyways...................................
    that applies with the escalade because of its low front approach and rear departure angle. I am range rover owner as well and you will be surprised that they are already driving the 2014 FFRR and RRS to the 4wd terrain. I'm actually tempted to drive my escalade hybrid with 4wd to the local land rover dealership 4wd course but it might lean and rollover it would be bad advertising for cadillac.

recent reviews by car mags still show the 4wd button. I think the 4wd button is better than awd. so, next time jeremy clarkson pits the escalade to climb uk's biggest peak it will perform better than their iconic range rover.
    The weird thing is in the latest GM test, where they tested the Denali, Suburban and Escalade (2015's) they talked about the 2/4 wheel drive in the Denali and Suburban, which they had that option all along, but said nothing about it in the Escalade where it has never been offered. The 4 wheel drive system would offer no better traction than the all wheel drive system that the Escalade has now because of the locking rear, that gives you at least 3 wheels of drive the same as the 4 wheel system, now before the locking rear diff the 4 wheel drive system was much better than the all wheel drive system. I only say this because we get snow up to hood deep, and I have several 4 wheel drive 2500 hd trucks, and a dozen Escalade's. While I do not like giving up the fuel mileage that all wheel drive uses, I like the safety of the all wheel drive when the conditions are less than perfect.

----------

that applies with the escalade because of its low front approach and rear departure angle. I am range rover owner as well and you will be surprised that they are already driving the 2014 FFRR and RRS to the 4wd terrain. I'm actually tempted to drive my escalade hybrid with 4wd to the local land rover dealership 4wd course but it might lean and rollover it would be bad advertising for cadillac.
    My local Jag dealer sells Range rovers, but I did not get my RR there, my Escalade has been on their RR course several times, my salesman took pics of the Escalade on the course, I will get some shots the next time I am by there.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by evois
    Who cares about what Jeremy clarkson thinks.
    It doesnt matter you put rocket ship against RR To them nothing can be better then British made RR

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Who cares about what Jeremy clarkson thinks.
    It doesnt matter you put rocket ship against RR To them nothing can be better then British made RR
    its not about the rocket ship. it is about having no lockable 4wd low in the current AWD.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Can't agree more with Carl, I have owned 4wd tahoe and awd escalade's I have felt so much more comfortable in deep snow of Illinois in awd then 4wd. Who is climbing rocks with escalade's or deep desert sand ?!!!! You would be better off buying a jeep wrangler for that kind of places. Complaining about escalade not climbing rocks is like complaint about mole on kate upton's ass.

Complaining about escalade not climbing rocks is like complaint about mole on kate upton's ass.

That is funny

Hahaha!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.