4wd vs awd - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 4wd vs awd in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by MrHolland They'd have a hard time justifying that price if they filled the interior with cash. This ...
    kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    They'd have a hard time justifying that price if they filled the interior with cash.
    This is so true and funny !!!

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    the current 4wd system of the escalade hybrid is perfect. 4 hi and 4 lo lockable as proven in my snow travel when a blizzard hit Illinois and have to go off the beaten tracks as the whole I55 was closed. it happened before as well when the whole state of NM was closed in I40. the 4wd of the escalade called for safe and ontime travels without me using my chains.

prosseda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT 2009 Platinum ESV

Re: 4wd vs awd

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    . with 4wd you have options of 2wd, 4 hi and 4 lo!. awd is the 4 auto choice in the dial.
    Auto is not AWD. The keywords are full-time vs part-time.

Quote Originally Posted by prosseda

Auto is not AWD. The keywords are full-time vs part-time.
    that's why 4wd is better than awd. the escalade awd is full time but doesn't have low range. why reinvent a system like my range rover's awd with low range and lockable when you can just go to the parts bin and use the 4wd system. your key word full time vs part time is an old lay man nomenclature. some part time systems are pretty much sophisticated that it adds better mileage than a full time system.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    AWD and 4WD each have their pros and cons and are better than each other in their own respects. 4WD vehicles will give you better mpg because they are usually in 2wd drive mode...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

It's a safety thing too all wheel drive can be handy in the rain. Ok the latest from the area rep that helped me out before and claims to have driven the new Escalade, the trucks that were there to be drive were 2wd/4wd trucks, and he said they really flew in the 2 wd mode (sure they would) he also said the fully loaded price would be between 83k and 87k depending on the model, so around the platinum price as was reported, no word on a platinum model but he claims that it is a done deal and will be priced between 90k and 96k, that was his report from 5:30 pm 10/29/2013 for what it's worth

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    It's a safety thing too all wheel drive can be handy in the rain. Ok the latest from the area rep that helped me out before and claims to have driven the new Escalade, the trucks that were there to be drive were 2wd/4wd trucks, and he said they really flew in the 2 wd mode (sure they would) he also said the fully loaded price would be between 83k and 87k depending on the model, so around the platinum price as was reported, no word on a platinum model but he claims that it is a done deal and will be priced between 90k and 96k, that was his report from 5:30 pm 10/29/2013 for what it's worth
    Is this the same guy who told you 15 escalade awd ?

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    ……..he also said the fully loaded price would be between 83k and 87k depending on the model, so around the platinum price as was reported, no word on a platinum model but he claims that it is a done deal and will be priced between 90k and 96k, that was his report from 5:30 pm 10/29/2013 for what it's worth
    the website says, standard, luxury and premium. where will the platinum fit in?

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

If/when a platinum becomes available it will fit into the line up in the same order as now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    If/when a platinum becomes available it will fit into the line up in the same order as now.
    how much improvement can they add in the new escalade? it already has led lights, plush leather interior based on the preview, specially cut/carved real wood trim, etc? unless they change the grille to something else less 2nd generation and make it more like 3rd(previous generation)?

Probably full leather seats (sides headrest etc) and tv monitors in seats, tri zone climate, power runningboards, missle launcher, etc.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

I have owned many 4wd drive trucks over the years (89,92,96,99,01,04,08,10) and now have a 2012 AWD Sierra Denali AWD. AWD is much better IMO and I live in upper Michigan and we get a lot of snow. But the AWD is gone from all new GM SUV's and trucks, Denali, Escalade, Tahoe and that disappoints me. And according to a friend who is a Cadi/GMC dealer was a selling point of the Escalade and Denali's. But he said the AWD will come back in the near future but I don't know if he was just speculating and had some inside knowledge.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Is this the same guy who told you 15 escalade awd ?
    No his boss the one that knows less about GM cars/trucks than most ford owners

the cadillac.com website specifies RWD/4WD.

http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/2015-escalade.html

They are doing this to up the mpg rating. 4wd selectable vehicles are usually in 2 wheel drive mode and their mpg ratings can be stated based on 2wd mode. Many vehicles in the past as well have had 4wd auto and work just fine. AWD can be better, but is usually not necessary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.