2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    AutoGuide.com is offline Administrator
    Automobile(s): None

2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info

Meet the newest face of Cadillac’s flagship luxury SUV: the 2015 Escalade, which was just revealed in New York City.

Starting in the spring of 2014 when Caddy dealers begin to take delivery, the Escalade will enter its fourth generation. As you can already see, part of the latest transformation includes a series of stylistic updates that put the truck more in line with other products from GM’s luxury brand. Large LED pillars on the front, a new grille and gargantuan light bars on the back all set the brand’s latest apart from the outgoing model. It also loses the bumper-integrated exhaust ports and, of course, carries the same body characteristics as General Motors other body-on-frame SUVs.

That includes a spoiler with an integrated wiper blade, inlaid doors for improved aerodynamics and an aluminum hood and liftgate panel and more. Of course, 20-inch wheels are included in the standard equipment list and 22′s are available.

Then there’s the new 6.2-liter V8 also found in GMC’s Yukon Denali among other high-end General Motors products that recently debuted. With it, the engine brings 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. There’s still a six-speed automatic transmission directing power to either the rear wheels or all four. Cadillac has yet to divulge fuel economy ratings, but you can expect the mild weight saving measures and more sophisticated powertrain to offer considerable fuel economy gains.

Important as those changes might be, the company emphasized one aspect of its new luxury land monster over all others during the New York City debut: Its cabin. If the Escalade is going to sell, it needs to outdo its Yukon Denali cousin by a respectable margin and that comes down to style and material quality. It’s a tough task considering how much nicer the new Denali-trimmed trucks and SUVs are.

But Cadillac more than met the challenge. Starting with a center stack familiar to current products, the new Escalade finally escapes its previous GM parts bin doldrums. Rather that looking like a repurposed version of much less expensive GM SUVs, the new Escalade feels as it should; like a hulking Cadillac. Seats look more sculpted and generous wood inserts leave the cabin with a rich feeling.

Like the rest of GM’s new SUVs, there’s more leg and head room. The front seats get about an extra four inches for your largest appendages and another 1.5 inches of skull space. The second and third rows fold flat and this Caddy has a hands-free power liftgate with adjustable height settings.

Safety systems include automatic front and read braking at low speeds, a front-center airbag and an available “driver awareness” package. Checking that box adds a forward collision alert system, lane departure warnings and directionally-specific vibrations in the seat to warn of possible collisions. Adaptive cruise control is also available along with blind spot monitoring.

Escalade sales will only include the standard wheelbase and “ESV” extended wheelbase models and pricing has yet to be announced.
    See more 2015 Cadillac Escalade Photos at AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stingray23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info

I love it! Reminds me A LOT of the second generation. Its back to a masculine design.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

I love it especially the tail lights, it's gone back to the tail fin design that cadillac was known for. If I was in the position I would buy a 2016

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Ugh, no sportier trim available like the current premium with a dual exhaust and a lot less chrome.

So far as I can tell most of the differences in the trim levels have to do with interior options, other than that the outside look basically the same across all trim levels, give or take a wheel.

Once again I'm going to reserve final opinion till i see it in person, but so far half of the esky I love and half I really dislike.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsea
    Ugh, no sportier trim available like the current premium with a dual exhaust and a lot less chrome.

So far as I can tell most of the differences in the trim levels have to do with interior options, other than that the outside look basically the same across all trim levels, give or take a wheel.

Once again I'm going to reserve final opinion till i see it in person, but so far half of the esky I love and half I really dislike.
    Your right, look at the new CTS, can you tell between the 2.0 and the V sport besides the wheels? No. I like this truck but I was expecting a more "wow" factor. If it stays in the $65-$75 range for a premium I will consider it but if its going to start at $75-$80 for the "base" like rumors said I will wait a year or 2 to pick one up.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by hannity
    I love it especially the tail lights, it's gone back to the tail fin design that cadillac was known for. If I was in the position I would buy a 2016
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the spy shots, I was exited for the tailights but now seeing it exposed ruins the car to me it looks too Volvoish. The front end is very nice tho.

84caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe; 80 Le Cab; 85 Fleetwood Coupe; 03 ESV; 04 Deville
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray23
    I love it! Reminds me A LOT of the second generation. Its back to a masculine design.
    agreed - love it

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

a close up of the rear in the website looks like the current generation except for the long tail light. looks good though. I think pricing will be at $85-90k for the fully loaded premium. it is still cheaper than the RRS or the FFRR.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Needs dual exhaust.

wangstarr03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Does anyone else think it looks somewhat like the current gen Toyota 4runner from the side?? Maybe it's the rear quarter panels + the liftgate spoiler. In any case, and this may seem trivial, but I am not liking how many manufacturers are moving away from the full on woodgrain steering wheel. I know there are bits and pieces trimming the control buttons, but something about gripping the woodgrain while driving always upped the luxury to me. Also, I felt they should make the rear seat entertainment system standard in the headrests leaving the ability to do a pano sunroof. But like many others have said, I'll have to see it in person before making final judgment.

it is a good thing there is no panoroof. I'm already signed up to my local dealer even before the reveal streaming.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by wangstarr03
    Does anyone else think it looks somewhat like the current gen Toyota 4runner from the side?? Maybe it's the rear quarter panels + the liftgate spoiler. In any case, and this may seem trivial, but I am not liking how many manufacturers are moving away from the full on woodgrain steering wheel. I know there are bits and pieces trimming the control buttons, but something about gripping the woodgrain while driving always upped the luxury to me. Also, I felt they should make the rear seat entertainment system standard in the headrests leaving the ability to do a pano sunroof. But like many others have said, I'll have to see it in person before making final judgment.
    My brother inlaw said the exact same thing, he thought it looked like a 4runner.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    My brother inlaw said the exact same thing, he thought it looked like a 4runner.
    I think bigger GLK

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle

I immediately thought 4Runner when I saw the side view, as well.

the 4 runner has been copying the escalade including the chrome inlays. so don't know which should be the copycat.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    I immediately thought 4Runner when I saw the side view, as well.
    Really ?? I don't think it looks like anything but a refreshed Escalade. Took my eyes a while to get use to all the new lines but the more I looked I was impressed with the very " muscular " look of this new beast.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.