2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Fast Eddie I read that too, but even GM said they were targeting a substantial weight loss ...
    kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
    I read that too, but even GM said they were targeting a substantial weight loss (to the tune of 500lbs). And the new CTS is substantially lighter than before. I'm wondering if the mags are wrong....
    I think original plan was shedding 500 pounds but that didn't happen.
    I knew escalade would be same weight when they revealed the silverado and sierra.

But new escalade should be much quieter,
    More room
    More storage
    Better looking (imo)

Overall great package ,
    not a perfect SUV but again nothing is perfect out there.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Re: 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info

well, at least it did not stray to the original Cadillac design. it is still a recognizable escalade by any chance and will not be confused with any other SUV. it kept the shapes of the old generation still fresh which is a good thing.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

the video showed the truck accelerate and if thats the real exhaust note then lawd have mercy they shoved a lion under the hood lol. and i need to see in person to judge those taillights

Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

I like the overall design inside and out. My corporate customers will be expecting this vehicle by the 2nd or 3rd quarter next year so I'll be in the market for one. I think $90K may be a bit high for the premium, maybe for the platinum. I wouldn't expect the price to be to far off the current models.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I dont see a platinum on the webpage... maybe i just didnt look hard enough?

there is only base, luxury and premium. platinum maybe later down the road but the new design has already the LED lights and real leather on the premium what else can they improve unless they have surprise of a blown V8 producing upward of 500 hp!

mello_driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The body reminds me of the hybrid Gm trucks

andretti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I have been watching information as it is released but haven't seen anything about the new rear suspension. I assume the Escalade will get the same new, better riding, better handling, leaf sping setup that the 2015 Suburban will have. Or does the Escalade stay with the old coil spring multi-link design? Does anyone know what they will be using?

Quote Originally Posted by andretti
    I have been watching information as it is released but haven't seen anything about the new rear suspension. I assume the Escalade will get the same new, better riding, better handling, leaf sping setup that the 2015 Suburban will have. Or does the Escalade stay with the old coil spring multi-link design? Does anyone know what they will be using?
    the old design is the leaf springs. it's going to be a multilink coil spring which is present to the current escalade.

andretti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    the old design is the leaf springs. it's going to be a multilink coil spring which is present to the current escalade.
    The Escalade to my knowledge has never had leaf springs. The new 2015 Suburban/Tahoe have leaf springs (new design) I saw it at the show. Gm is not bragging about the new rear suspension so maybe it is a cost reduction just on the Chevrolet/GMC units and the Cadillac keeps the coil/multi-link setup?

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    The base Tahoe has leaf , ltz has MRC.

mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by evois
    the only similarity with the glk is it has a grille. the back looks like a cts wagon.
    my thoughts too. Not feeling this new Slade at ALL!! Very disappointed

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gabe8496
    Damn so I just checked out the photos from Cadillac's website...this thing is FUGLY! Sorta like a GMC Terrain on steroids! I think I'll just update mine with some platinum components and call it a day.
    i second that!!!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    My sales guy was telling me they had a meeting the other morning about the new escalade and stopped one of the pictures in the slideshow and asked everyone's opinion on the side view of the truck and everyone said it looked just like a 4runner or the new Lexus GX. A lot of them wasn't impressed with it especially the rear also.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Ouch...

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    My sales guy was telling me they had a meeting the other morning about the new escalade and stopped one of the pictures in the slideshow and asked everyone's opinion on the side view of the truck and everyone said it looked just like a 4runner or the new Lexus GX. A lot of them wasn't impressed with it especially the rear also.
    I think that rear end is the best part of the new Slade. Those lights are stunning !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.