2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info in Cadillac Escalade Forums; GM's ugly duckling "escalade 2015." Could be worse but go back to the sexy sleek designs. Looks like an old ...
    nicaj1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts 3.6l

Once great company down the dirty toilet drain

GM's ugly duckling "escalade 2015." Could be worse but go back to the sexy sleek designs. Looks like an old station wagon on steroids. Not an original cadillac design. Looks like they could not hire real automotive designers and outsourced it to India. Rear tail lights are hideous. I can see 60+ year olds driving it thinking it is 1960's again. Interior is mediocre at best. 2 thumbs down. U could have done a lot better with this one. Cadillac is like and american woman pretty when young and ugly as the years progress. Cadillac is past it's prime and obviously catering to the elderly. Should have built in a wheel chair ramp while u were at it GM because this is the only market u were catering to. GM is checked off my list. Now to Lincoln and Ford. Seems like they get it. I will gawk at your horrendous creature for years to come.

jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
    Agree on it looking like a bigger GLK version

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

Re: 2015 Escalade Revealed: Photos and Info

I really hoped they would have up'd the hp to like around 450hp. It's the same as the Denali's hp they haven't had the same base engine since the caddy came out in 98'. I hope they would do something like a vsport option or having the premium and platinum with more hp.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am mostly disappointed from an exterior standpoint, but no more disappointed than I was with the evolutionary changes to GMs entire truck/big SUV lineup this time around. I think the Caddy guys set expectations too high with this release. I knew it would not be revolutionary but still expected more.

Interior looks good... nothing too fancy but I like that GM is aligning the design themes (both inside and outside) of the entire Cadillac lineup. I think it is good to instantly recognize a Caddy whether inside or out just like you can from any German manufacturer.

I am likely sucked into the $85-90k as I happen to need a vehicle. As bad as that price is, I actually feel better about getting a massive truck with much better technology and refinenment for the money than the next CTS-V. I have a feeling the new V won't be a massive performance upgrade over my V2 but will still cost $20k more.

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

GLK---That is what I first thought when I saw it

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

the only similarity with the glk is it has a grille. the back looks like a cts wagon.
    Attached Images

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Looks better with 24s ... but then again, everything looks better on 24s.

^unmistakably an escalade! that is why they kept the wheel gap! to accommodate 24 inch wheels.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    That angle plus those wheels it looks good.

reading some auto mags, it says the Cadillac logo and wreath will be lighted(probably the premium), the bose noise canceling coupled with the in laid doors would suggest a quiet ride. how about the rough suspension due to the rigid axle rear? lexus mastered it in the LX570 and nobody complains but in the escalade they always want to point it out. maybe upgrading the self leveling air shocks including stiffening the MRC coils should tweak the ride. I like the rigid axle as it clearly prolongs tire wear vs the independent rear suspension of the competition. my hybrid's bridgestone H/L alenzas I believe has past 65k miles already with some thread on it still. this should be a seller and already have called my dealer to reserve me one

Fast Eddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SL63, 2014 Gl350, '12 750

Has anyone seen any commentary on weight? I saw an early report saying it dropped a few hundred pounds but the rags are saying it gained weight....

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
    Has anyone seen any commentary on weight? I saw an early report saying it dropped a few hundred pounds but the rags are saying it gained weight....
    Yes I remember reading that 2wd went up 100 pounds and awd went up 150 pounds compare to current car

2007XTSDub is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    That's crazy if anything they should have dropped! Shame on GM

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Fast Eddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SL63, 2014 Gl350, '12 750

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Yes I remember reading that 2wd went up 100 pounds and awd went up 150 pounds compare to current car
    I read that too, but even GM said they were targeting a substantial weight loss (to the tune of 500lbs). And the new CTS is substantially lighter than before. I'm wondering if the mags are wrong....

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

Damn so I just checked out the photos from Cadillac's website...this thing is FUGLY! Sorta like a GMC Terrain on steroids!

I think I'll just update mine with some platinum components and call it a day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.