This is it - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, This is it in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok, I see... I agree, with the going price of the escalade; you'd think that Cadillac would use Brembo's like ...
    K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Re: This is it

Ok, I see... I agree, with the going price of the escalade; you'd think that Cadillac would use Brembo's like on the V's. The 6-speed trans doesn't bother me much. The part I like is the direct injection 6.2, but I'm curious why the HP and torque numbers are so low? Must be computer limited and I'm sure a good tune on that engine would make it crank!

Anyway, no big hurry to get rid of my '09 for a first year model. Looks like I'll keep mine till at least the 2017 year comes out... Seems like the 3rd year is usually the best one anyway.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Like the side view
    Attached Images

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

For now I just can't envision myself driving an SUV with those tails, awning sized spoiler, and locomotive grille, no matter how beautiful the interior is. And other than the interior, I prefer my truck in every esthetic way possible over this new one.

More likely to get a K2XX Denali, or something entirely different.

But that's just me, obviously a lot of you like what you see, so GM may have it right and it's simply not to my taste.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsea
    For now I just can't envision myself driving an SUV with those tails, awning sized spoiler, and locomotive grille, no matter how beautiful the interior is. And other than the interior, I prefer my truck in every esthetic way possible over this new one.

More likely to get a K2XX Denali, or something entirely different.

But that's just me, obviously a lot of you like what you see, so GM may have it right and it's simply not to my taste.
    I highly agree with you. I am so disappointed about this truck. I had really high hopes for a few years now wondering what it was going to look like. That pic that was uploaded with the tail light and spoiler made it worse, I mean to looks like a 4 runner with Volvo tail lights.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Add me to the dissapointed list. THe main reason is Caddy stated that they would be totally different from the siblings, yet they just followed the same footprint as previous models. I like the interior of the new one, but I dislike the exterior quite a bit. THey need to at least have their own power train, or different panels.. not just likghts and dash. Cant wait to see the new 150,000 price... seeing that the upgraded volt is 80K!.

Oh well, still love our 2012, thats for sure.

Cheers

----------

BTW, soulsea, love the look of your caddy... just needs more chrome .

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Have to see if a platinum model shows up with any differences before I would be buying another one

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Tough to go back after owning a Platinum!!!

Oh god please dont say that! I was eyeing a platinum so bad, but with dogs and kids I firgured it would be best to not have the nicer, softer leather. Actually, i didnt want the poewr running boards either... but i do love the black with cashmere interior.

falb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Those that don't like the looks, keep an open mind. I am sure this design will grow on you when you see it on the road. It certainly has a dominate presence and won't resemble a voile in the flesh.

As for dogs and the platinum, just make sure you don't get the cream carpet version!!!!! It shows all the dirt.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

You know for me the biggest problem is what the alternatives are.

I can sell my Esky right now in Miami for full BB value and for at least half the price of the mods. Heck, people stop me at stop lights all the time to ask me if she's for sale. So let's assume I say fine and sell her now before the next gen models show up in dealer lots and further devalue her. Now what?

I like to drive my SUVs and don't enjoy them being parked at the dealer service bay 1/3 of the time ... therefore any and all Land/Range Rover models, as attractive as they may be, are out. GL is just too 'rich MILF soccer mom' for my taste other than the AMG, and quite frankly I don't want to spend that type of cash on a vehicle, and if I did it wouldn't be an SUV, it'd be a GT-R.

The only other vehicle that I find moderately attractive and can see myself driving is the X6M ... but if I buy one now I'm stuck with the same issue that the Esky has, namely that it's going to be updated summer 14.

There's honestly not one SUV out there that I can see myself driving other than the one I got now.

I don't know what to do ... I guess when the first Denali XLs hit the GMC lots I'll go drive one and see how it moves me, and go from there.

My whole life I've always wanted something 'better' carwise than what I had, now I don't see anything out there that I want more than that which I already got. That's some zen shit up in here!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Tough to go back after owning a Platinum!!!
    I had 7 non platinums before the first one in 2011', I could not go back, I know it sounds petty, and it's not worth the price for the difference, and that's all I can say

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Like the side view
    I saw the same thing at the Volvo dealership, I think GM stole it from them.

DATDAMNGOOD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post

I can sell my Esky right now in Miami for full BB value and for at least half the price of the mods. Heck, people stop me at stop lights all the time to ask me if she's for sale. So let's assume I say fine and sell her now before the next gen models show up in dealer lots and further devalue her. Now what?

I like to drive my SUVs and don't enjoy them being parked at the dealer service bay 1/3 of the time ... therefore any and all Land/Range Rover models, as attractive as they may be, are out. GL is just too 'rich MILF soccer mom' for my taste other than the AMG, and quite frankly I don't want to spend that type of cash on a vehicle, and if I did it wouldn't be an SUV, it'd be a GT-R.

The only other vehicle that I find moderately attractive and can see myself driving is the X6M ... but if I buy one now I'm stuck with the same issue that the Esky has, namely that it's going to be updated summer 14.

There's honestly not one SUV out there that I can see myself driving other than the one I got now.

I don't know what to do ... I guess when the first Denali XLs hit the GMC lots I'll go drive one and see how it moves me, and go from there.

My whole life I've always wanted something 'better' carwise than what I had, now I don't see anything out there that I want more than that which I already got. That's some zen shit up in here!
    This describes my situation perfectly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsea

Your a 100% right. What I'm trying to do now myself is I'm trying to get rid of my escalade for the last year CTS V coupe. I was thinking of driving that for a few years and then once the new escalades are out for at least a year or two I would pick one up.

I love having a SUV but I have been itching for something sporty. I think the CTS V coupes are prob one of the best looking cars ever made period. I tried to grab one a few weeks back but the idiot dealership that had it wanted to give me only $30k for my trade when the blue/black book on it is $40-$42k and they are selling 2010s now for $46-$47k. Mine has 40k miles and is in pristine condition. My guy at the other Cadillac dealership I usually deal with told me he has a friend that's a GM executive and he's getting rid his 13' black CTS with 18k miles and he could give me a deal I can't refuse, so lets see. I think 18k mile is a lot for a 13' but my guy said that its all highway miles of him driving from here to Detroit and its in pristine condition.

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    Your a 100% right. What I'm trying to do now myself is I'm trying to get rid of my escalade for the last year CTS V coupe. I was thinking of driving that for a few years and then once the new escalades are out for at least a year or two I would pick one up.

I love having a SUV but I have been itching for something sporty. I think the CTS V coupes are prob one of the best looking cars ever made period. I tried to grab one a few weeks back but the idiot dealership that had it wanted to give me only $30k for my trade when the blue/black book on it is $40-$42k and they are selling 2010s now for $46-$47k. Mine has 40k miles and is in pristine condition. My guy at the other Cadillac dealership I usually deal with told me he has a friend that's a GM executive and he's getting rid his 13' black CTS with 18k miles and he could give me a deal I can't refuse, so lets see. I think 18k mile is a lot for a 13' but my guy said that its all highway miles of him driving from here to Detroit and its in pristine condition.
    A lot of performance for the money for sure, add a few k in mods and it's a rocket ship

Hot looking car... i would literally take that over a 'vette.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.