This is it - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, This is it in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I love it... Looks real nice and classy! Love the lines.. Put on some better wheels, and BAM!...
    Hemmissey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade
    I love it... Looks real nice and classy! Love the lines.. Put on some better wheels, and BAM!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: This is it

The interior looks nice, tail lights are ugly in the pics, can not see owning one with the way the exterior looks, just not doing it for me

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by markus3000
    For a second there I thought it was a beefed up Ford Expedition. They have those goofy looking grills like that.

Definitely wont stand out like the current gen. They practically took all the class, distinction and luxury out of the look...Seems like every other large grille truck now, not so good if they think they're asking $90K

Shame...they dropped the ball on this one....
    Well said! Exactly what I'm thinking

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

fivepix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Cadillac Escalade

Here are some additional info:

http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/2015-escalade.html

----------

Here are some additional info:

http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/2015-escalade.html

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    the grille complement the led headlights

Cadillade2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac Escalade Luxury pkg

I'm actually impressive over what I was expecting to see. I was figuring it would be more crossover like and less truck. But it is still a bold truck from the front imo just appears longer and leaner not sure I dig those aspects yet.

I'll be curious to hear how much quieter it is with the chiseled side profile and Bose noise cancellation. That would be nice for long road trips.

Typical I've arrived Escalade front end but the rear is subtle more euro like idk if I dig that pulling away just wont have the same statement as arriving did imo.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

I love it. I'm sure more people will like it once they actually see it. It's like the new Stingray. On pics it looks so so, but real live wicked. We are just too use to the older gen looks or looking at other SUVs. Me....... I'd like something that doesn't look like your typical RR or Mercedes. I'm excited to see it in person. My 2 cents

Disappointed the brakes are no larger, and still the same trans in a time where most are using 7 and 8 speeds, and a 17 hp upgrade (30 ft lbs tqr) when the Corvette is at 455 with a 6.2 is kind of lame, they did increase the rear diff size, of course most of the failures are with the FRONT DIFF, and that is still the same. The interior is a big improvement in looks, going to have to see the cost, but the exterior IMO does not look as good as the 2008-2014 models of the platinum, they seemed to go backwards on the exhaust again making it like the standard models. Have to see the Tahoe and Yukon to see their interiors and compare them to the Escalade for the price difference because they all have the same power

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownEscalade
    I love it. I'm sure more people will like it once they actually see it. It's like the new Stingray. On pics it looks so so, but real live wicked. We are just too use to the older gen looks or looking at other SUVs. Me....... I'd like something that doesn't look like your typical RR or Mercedes. I'm excited to see it in person. My 2 cents
    Ha! I actually think it looks like a bigger GLK.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    Disappointed the brakes are no larger, and still the same trans in a time where most are using 7 and 8 speeds, and a 17 hp upgrade (30 ft lbs tqr) when the Corvette is at 455 with a 6.2 is kind of lame, they did increase the rear diff size, of course most of the failures are with the FRONT DIFF, and that is still the same. The interior is a big improvement in looks, going to have to see the cost, but the exterior IMO does not look as good as the 2008-2014 models of the platinum, they seemed to go backwards on the exhaust again making it like the standard models. Have to see the Tahoe and Yukon to see their interiors and compare them to the Escalade for the price difference because they all have the same power
    Yukon and Tahoe will be getting the 6.2? I didn't know that. I also thought for sure the escalade would at least get a different trans. I don't think this stands out like they said it would. Look st the Denali.. Again just different front lights and tall rear... They should have changed panels in my opinion.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sdgc
    Ha! I actually think it looks like a bigger GLK. ---------- Yukon and Tahoe will be getting the 6.2? I didn't know that. I also thought for sure the escalade would at least get a different trans. I don't think this stands out like they said it would. Look st the Denali.. Again just different front lights and tall rear... They should have changed panels in my opinion.
    Tahoe will not get 6.2 but Denali will get it.
    I feel the same way about 8 speed transmission.
    Come in gm
    You had 6 speed back in 2006.
    I love the way it looks but I wish it had 8 speed tranny and more hp ,
    Like 450hp or so.

If the price different is huge I probably will get Denali as I don't like cue system at all,
    I used it.
    It doesn't work.

K9Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Where are you finding the specs on the drivetrain and the brakes? Backwards with the exhaust? I always thought that fake silly dual outlet exhaust out the bumper was tacky and of no benefit. Hell, you even lost the spare tire. I'd rather have the old single exhaust with the ability of something aftermarket, like B&B.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    the design of the escalade is way better than the Denali. way better IMO. I know cadillac mentioned two settings for the magnetic ride control even for the current generation but I don't even notice it.

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT

I was hoping to hear that AWD would again be offered, but it only says 4WD. I had a Expedition with the Control-Trac system and it could be a lot smoother like the AWD I had in the EXT.

Quote Originally Posted by K9Caddy View Post
    Where are you finding the specs on the drivetrain and the brakes? Backwards with the exhaust? I always thought that fake silly dual outlet exhaust out the bumper was tacky and of no benefit. Hell, you even lost the spare tire. I'd rather have the old single exhaust with the ability of something aftermarket, like B&B.
    If I was going to get another Escalade I would be happy with the exhaust on the new trucks, but lets face it, that old way costs less than the duals offered by the 13's and 14's, that is why I said backwards, and my last platinum I changed it to the old look to match my other two at the time. The trans info was in the video, where they stated the model and 6 speed trans, as well as the brakes, saying the only difference is they use now heat treated rotors for longer life which many aftermarket rotors offer

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillade View Post
    I was hoping to hear that AWD would again be offered, but it only says 4WD. I had a Expedition with the Control-Trac system and it could be a lot smoother like the AWD I had in the EXT.
    That is wrong on the web site, it's the same trans and transfer case as in the 2011 and up according to the area rep, I questioned that last week, I was thinking maybe they would add a switch to allow 2 and 4 wheel drive, but no such luck.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    the design of the escalade is way better than the Denali. way better IMO. I know cadillac mentioned two settings for the magnetic ride control even for the current generation but I don't even notice it.
    If you are talking about the video on the web site it's the video for the ats, that has the two settings, look at the bottom of the video, they made it confusing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.