2015 little brother tahoe.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 little brother tahoe. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Love the inside, not liking the outside... anxious to see if caddy made the outside any better. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...xl_first_look/ ---------- Whats ...
    sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

2015 little brother tahoe.

Love the inside, not liking the outside... anxious to see if caddy made the outside any better.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...xl_first_look/

----------

Whats funny too, is you can see where on the denali it will be identical to the Caddy as in the top part of the front lights go up the hood, and caddy will just replace the front bumper to accomodatethe lights going to the lower bumper, and then on the back the 2 piece pillar where caddy will remove the one section and move their lights up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    I don't like the exterior of the tahoe

Front end looks weird
    I think because lower bumper has that weird black cover

I like Yukon much better
    I think escalade gonna look a lot like Yukon Denali

Interior is great

Escalade probably will have the same interior with cue.

keg97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2015 little brother tahoe.

Another link:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/12/2...ukon-unveiled/

It is interesting that the GMC version already has the Caddy style headlights. It does make you wonder how the Escalade will be differentiated since Caddy has said that it will do that.

Few thoughts-
    - As I figured, fold flat 3rd row seats are standard
    - I like that the magnetic suspension system is standard on the Denali. Surely it will be standard on the Escalade.
    - Not keen on how the individual interiors are carbon copies of each other just a little difference in materials here and there. Hopefully the Escalade is totally different. It should be.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    I don't like the exterior of the tahoe

Front end looks weird
    I think because lower bumper has that weird black cover

I like Yukon much better
    I think escalade gonna look a lot like Yukon Denali

Interior is great

Escalade probably will have the same interior with cue.
    Agreed that the Tahoe/Suburban is the red-headed step child. If they had kept the new Silverado headlights, that would have been just fine. The prominent grill on the Yukon actually looks good- nice and bold!

I have a feeling the escalade will just have different front and rear bumpers/lights... the inside looks alot like the new caddy vehicles. And for the life of me those smaller looking mirrors are annoying. So far its a miss in my books, but like most things, may love it with time... but for now, what I think is coming, glad I have my 2012.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

^^^Agreed 100%

And another ting... that stupid little pillar on the back window so it can go down all the way.. HATE IT!... take it out! love the lines without it. SOrry, just ona rant.

k, im done.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I am very disappointed in the new GM SUVs. I thought the front facias on them would be carbon copies of there pickup siblings which as a ford truck guy, I find very attractive. As someone mentioned, the escalade is still going to look pretty much the same as the Denali just picture a ATS face and the signature cadillac tail lights. I think the Escalade ill come out fine but has me a little worried after looking at these 2 trucks. As someone mentioned the interiors in these trucks almost look like Caddy interiors. The quality is very nice but still not $80k nice or Range Rover/GL nice. I can't see Caddy adding another $5k premium. One last thing, it still has that awful wheel gap! I wish they would close those up like the range and GL.

----------

After looking more at the pics the Denali almost resembles the current escalade.

DATDAMNGOOD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. that'll make a lot of people here happy.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

It has push button start and a folding 3rd row. I can't believe it. I really can't believe. If they have this then you know for sure the escalade will have it. I was expecting the push button start but not the folding 3rd row for at least 2 more gens.Combined with the Que or Mylink for chevy. gm can now finally compete. Hats off to them for their attempt to give what all other car manufacturers have been offering for years. Cheers to gm.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

I'm a member of several GM forums and I have never seen people this pissed. I mean really angry at how GM butchered the Tahoe front end. I mean more pissed than Corvette owners when they learned they were taking away their precious round tails. And quite frankly I don't blame them.

As for me, I'll just copy my post over from gmauthority:

I really like the Yukon, and considering we know what the Escalade LED lamps will look like, I think the Escalade is going to be amazing. Love the HID projectors on the Denali and the fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. Love the straighter body lines and squarer styling. In fact there are a lot of things to love about these SUVs.

But …

GM, you really blew the pooch on the Tahoe/Burb. The Tahoe’s personality was differentiated from the other trucks via its more aggressive front clip, the side to side reflectors in the headlamps, the almost horizontal grilles, the downward eyebrows on the headlamps, defined it and made it one of the prettiest SUVs I’ve ever seen. This new one is so bland and homogenized, it has no character to me. What the heck is up with bodywork protruding into the headlamp housings? And chrome trim around all the side windows, really? Not even the current Escalade has that much chrome. The Tahoe/Burb design went from the most distinctive and recognizable SUV front ends to grace others’ rear view mirrors to something a 75 y/o would drive.

Ugh, maybe I’ll get used to it or feel differently when I see it in person, but I think GM might have lost a huge segment of its potential customers, namely most of the ones under 45. I live on several GMT900 forums and people are going nuts over this front end, more nuts that pickup owners went when they saw the first spy shot of the new gen interiors, and GM had to scramble to redesign them before releasing the trucks.

As I stated in other blog posts I love GM products, owned 4 GMT900 SUVs, and I’m hoping the new Escalade will be the best one of the three.

There is a awful lot to love in the K2XXs, and a Tahoe front end to despise.

On an additional note ... leaf spring rear suspension? Did we timeport to 1845 to use old west carriage technology? What's up with that?

----------

And btw, you think an Escalade Platinum has a lot of chrome up front? Have a look at the new tahoe/Burb in a RL pic as opposed to the GM renderings:

Ugh!

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

The body and interior I can live with...but that headlight/grille combo...yuck!

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Very plain boring front end. Shockingly disappointed but it will keep me in my 2011 Escalade. Unless Caddy fixes this blah ness.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Just think, the resale value on our current Caddy's will just go up! That Tahoe grill is something else... The Yukon/Denali look is kinda growing on me already and I haven't seen one in person yet. I hope the Escalade is better.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I am sure it will be nice inside, less exterior noise, but not what most were/are looking for, it's almost like a step backwards for GM, I am sure the new Escalade will be prettier, but........

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

The one main thing I remember GM saying about the new escalade is that the interior will be highly differentiated from the Yukon/Tahoe siblings
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.