2015 little brother tahoe. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 little brother tahoe. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by keg97 I'm surprised at the "hats off" and "good for GM" comments about putting in features that ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by keg97
    I'm surprised at the "hats off" and "good for GM" comments about putting in features that other makes have had for years. That's competition and GM would look terrible if they didn't put in the fold flat 3rd row and intelligent key. The flat 3rd row should have been in the 07 remodel as every other design had it at the time.
    Well. It took the German brands about 30 years to agree to put cup holders in so GM is in good company. .

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Re: 2015 little brother tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Well. It took the German brands about 30 years to agree to put cup holders in so GM is in good company. .
    I don't know if you have ever been to Germany or not but the reason why it took so long even with MB is because they are not like us. I go to Germany once every two years (hoping to buy a vacation home there one day). They don't text and drive, eat and drive, or drink. There are no teen drivers, you have to be 18 to apply for a license, and they don't hand them out like skittles like we do. People have to know more than just their name to get a license there. I would say about 25% of Americans would not be able to pass a German written driving test, (in English of course).I don't think anyone is better than anyone else, but if you hang out in Germany West Berlin in particular, you kind of get the impression why some people think they are better than others. They are cold and precise people, if it doesn't make sense to them they won't do it. Even their government, almost everyone in their republic is a chemist or a physicist.They are different people and they just do things differently, driving is an experience to be enjoyed to them. To most Americans and illegals immigrants who drive it's all about getting from point A to point B.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Yes, I have been to Germany many times as well (btw, not that it has anything to do with any of this, but they are plagued by their own immigration issues), and i can assure you that their passengers enjoy a beverage as much as ours. So diatribe notwithstanding, if they were as precise as you characterize them, they would have noted this tidbit somewhat earlier. Also, before you glorify them further, many a European nation has historically had as stringent a driver's license acquisition process as Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by hannity View Post
    ... almost everyone in their republic is a chemist or a physicist.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by hannity
    I don't know if you have ever been to Germany or not but the reason why it took so long even with MB is because they are not like us. I go to Germany once every two years (hoping to buy a vacation home there one day). They don't text and drive, eat and drive, or drink. There are no teen drivers, you have to be 18 to apply for a license, and they don't hand them out like skittles like we do. People have to know more than just their name to get a license there. I would say about 25% of Americans would not be able to pass a German written driving test, (in English of course).I don't think anyone is better than anyone else, but if you hang out in Germany West Berlin in particular, you kind of get the impression why some people think they are better than others. They are cold and precise people, if it doesn't make sense to them they won't do it. Even their government, almost everyone in their republic is a chemist or a physicist.They are different people and they just do things differently, driving is an experience to be enjoyed to them. To most Americans and illegals immigrants who drive it's all about getting from point A to point B.
    I think most Americans still really love their cars and don't jus view them as " point a to b" transport. The Germans are different for sure but in the end they are on par with us for their love of the auto. Heck , they invented it !!

keg97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Well if that's your point of reference, that explains the issue The Germans have also lost 2 world wars.

Seriously though GM is clearly picking up their game since the bankruptcy process. My fear is that they'll fall back into their laziness in terms of innovation, especially when you look at the Escalade. The Escalade, especially in ESV format, is the only player in the "real truck" XL sized arena. I'm currently in an Infiniti QX56 but want something bigger. The Escalade is the only thing out there. Does GM produce "just good enough" or are they constantly attempting to create a better mouse trap?

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by keg97
    Well if that's your point of reference, that explains the issue The Germans have also lost 2 world wars. Seriously though GM is clearly picking up their game since the bankruptcy process. My fear is that they'll fall back into their laziness in terms of innovation, especially when you look at the Escalade. The Escalade, especially in ESV format, is the only player in the "real truck" XL sized arena. I'm currently in an Infiniti QX56 but want something bigger. The Escalade is the only thing out there. Does GM produce "just good enough" or are they constantly attempting to create a better mouse trap?
    Yes, your correct about Germany losing 2 world wars but never forget it was Germany who also started those 2 world wars.

GM IMHO will never go back to the " bad ole days". Having owned my Escalade now fir 2 years and 38,000 bullet proof miles plus my '05 STS with 194,000 I can attest to the quality and innovation. In addition I was extremely fortunate to get invited to Monticello racetrack in upstate NY this past Friday and be the first to drive with no limits the new Corvette Stingray. I cannot even describe how awesome that Stingray is and how stunningly beautiful. That said, GM is on its way back ( short time ) to being the world leader in making the best cars on the planet. If anyone has any doubt just look at any if the new Cadillacs and if you can go sit in a Stingray. It's a " OMG" moment.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I have to admit too, thats after seeing the yukon/tahoe, i was judging this esky.. however, with the fenders possibly being different, maybe there will be other differences.

----------

by the way, off topic on the topic we steered to... yes, being from europe, you need to know more than 'point and go' for a drivers license... i am all for everyone having to re-take every time they renew their license here.

fivepix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Cadillac Escalade

@sdgc, the new body style will be similar to the Denali so the fenders will not be different, see my post here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11005050

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Well if you are correct or this is true.. i most likely won't like it. Especially the volvo/honda tall tail lights. Personally i liked the look of the fenders, however, in a week we can finally see it! I will be surprised if they took out the platinum, unless its really just a trim name and the premium could be the top really.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepix
    @sdgc, the new body style will be similar to the Denali so the fenders will not be different, see my post here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11005050
    I'm sure you can't share the whole pic but how about little glimpse of from front end

fivepix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    Well if you are correct or this is true.. i most likely won't like it. Especially the volvo/honda tall tail lights. Personally i liked the look of the fenders, however, in a week we can finally see it! I will be surprised if they took out the platinum, unless its really just a trim name and the premium could be the top really.
    I'm not certain if they removed the Platinum trim or not, I really hope not I only saw the pics for the 3 trims.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

I think most Americans still really love their cars and don't jus view them as " point a to b" transport. The Germans are different for sure but in the end they are on par with us for their love of the auto. Heck , they invented it !!
    You are right, I forgot about the Corvette, hot rod, and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.