2015 little brother tahoe. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 little brother tahoe. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Re: 2015 little brother tahoe.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    The one main thing I remember GM saying about the new escalade is that the interior will be highly differentiated from the Yukon/Tahoe siblings
    I think what they mean is dash with cue instead of knobs and buttons.
    I confirmed this with a person who seen 15 Lade.

----------

Fold flat third row and storage under the cover gonna make a lot of people happy,
    One of my biggest complain was everything is sliding around
    Which is pretty annoying

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That folding third row will be a huge hit with the buying public. Glad they finally have

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm not liking these changes, at all. The interior is fine, but who the hell was in charge of butchering the outside? Especially on the Tahoe/Suburban. The Yukon front-end makes it look like a stupid cross-over, however, I think that Denali will grow on me.

And kudos to GM for finally adding a fold-flat third row which is something my 2003 Ford Expedition had.

Edit: Does anyone know when the next-gen Expedition is going to be released? Ford has an excellent opportunity here to slap GM across the face.

DG2
    Chevy did such a beautiful job on the front end of the new Malibu and Impala. The Corvette is simply off the charts jaw dropping. But, what went wrong on that Tahoe front end ?? It's the opposite of what's driving GMs sales success, style ! Maybe they will do what they did with Malibu and fix that front end immeaditlly

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Chevy did such a beautiful job on the front end of the new Malibu and Impala. The Corvette is simply off the charts jaw dropping. But, what went wrong on that Tahoe front end ?? It's the opposite of what's driving GMs sales success, style ! Maybe they will do what they did with Malibu and fix that front end immeaditlly
    Having said all this we have to " fess up" that after 6 years of current design it may take us a little longer to appreciate the design of the new model. Just saw the fold flat video and loved that plus interior was gorgeous

For all of us GM fans have to tell you I was in Kentucky this week on business and took a road trip down to Bowling Green to see the Corvette factory. Unfortunately , no tours of new C7 yet but man was that factory a beautiful site ! Went to the museum next door and it is very impressive ! Glad to see Chevy ( like Caddy ) is kicking ass !!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Just saw the escalade interior and its pretty much the same as the XTS. It's not too far off from the gmc/Chevy which isn't a bad thing. The current Tahoe is a nice truck, this new one looks just look like the old trailblazer!

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    I actually like the new Tahoe front end... Better than the Yukon. But the Denali grill is really nice... Been looking to change the grill on ours one day if I can have the Denali grill with the caddy emblem..

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I saw the new Tahoe yesterday. My only gripe about the folding seats is they built the floor up about six inches to allow for this feature. Not that I need extra storage, but they claim to have lost 15sqf as a result of this.

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I saw the new Tahoe yesterday. My only gripe about the folding seats is they built the floor up about six inches to allow for this feature. Not that I need extra storage, but they claim to have lost 15sqf as a result of this.
    I hear you, you can always get the Suburban if you need extra room. They had to at least offer a normal folding 3rd row. I know they would have preferred to increase the price and left those heavy seats in there for us to take out. But even gm buyers have their limits. Loyalty has it's restraints. Me for instance I live and die for the bullet proof reliability of Nissan and Toyota. But Fukashima is still leaking radiation. Mainstream media will not touch the story, but Japan and European news outlets talk about it. As much as I love Nissan and Toyota I would buy American for my own safety. Loyalty has it's limits.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by hannity
    I hear you, you can always get the Suburban if you need extra room. They had to at least offer a normal folding 3rd row. I know they would have preferred to increase the price and left those heavy seats in there for us to take out. But even gm buyers have their limits. Loyalty has it's restraints. Me for instance I live and die for the bullet proof reliability of Nissan and Toyota. But Fukashima is still leaking radiation. Mainstream media will not touch the story, but Japan and European news outlets talk about it. As much as I love Nissan and Toyota I would buy American for my own safety. Loyalty has it's limits.
    The good news is the reliability of GMs SUVs are industry leading. The Escalade has the Jd Powers awards to prove it. My Escalade is a 2011 and now has 38,000 miles Not one single item has gone wrong Not a shake, rattle, or any issue of any kind. . I have never owned a car ( Japanese or German prior) that didn't have at least a couple of issues. Not the Escalade. GM owns the large SUV market and they have perfected these awesome faimly trucksters ! . In this segment Nissan Toyota take a back seat where they can watch an American company continue to dominate. Soon , with the stunning cars coming from GM all the Japanese and German brands will once agains take a back seat to GM. You gotta love an American comeback story !!

Deangelo54 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I like it's exterior and looks superb this new outlook but it's not much changed.What about interior i didn't find interior pictures of it.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I saw the new Tahoe yesterday. ......
    which dealership? I'm local as well.

South Shore 2 Door is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Premium Coupe

Like anything new, especially after a 7 year run, some changes will take time to get used to and especially time to warm up to.

Not really feeling anything from either the new Yukon or Tahoe pictures at all: no excitement, no increased heatbeats; just the emotion of... less personality, brand homoginizing, square, boring, & no big deal.

Here's some shots of the out going Tahoe for comaprison, an '07 LTZ with over 100,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Deangelo54 View Post
    I like it's exterior and looks superb this new outlook but it's not much changed.What about interior i didn't find interior pictures of it.
    The interior is worlds apart from the current one. * off topic* A gentleman I work with told me he is interested in getting a newer truck than his current one. He told me that the Yukon has intelligent key which will mean the Escalade will have it as well. I am impressed I thought that was going to be in the next gen. They are offering features on par with other manufacturers, again hats off to GM.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    I think what they mean is dash with cue instead of knobs and buttons.
    I confirmed this with a person who seen 15 Lade.

----------

Fold flat third row and storage under the cover gonna make a lot of people happy,
    One of my biggest complain was everything is sliding around
    Which is pretty annoying
    Yep, I'm glad they changed that.

keg97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm surprised at the "hats off" and "good for GM" comments about putting in features that other makes have had for years. That's competition and GM would look terrible if they didn't put in the fold flat 3rd row and intelligent key. The flat 3rd row should have been in the 07 remodel as every other design had it at the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.