Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Price

11K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  BEarle 
#1 ·
Anybody expect the prices to jump on the new escalade?

#10 ·
I have a new range rover sport. with Cadillac's reliability(my experience) they can always push the envelope if the demand is high. at least they are not separating the options as add-ons. base, lux and premium, you know what's in there unlike the RR counterpart.

#14 ·
Bigplay said:
Well they're not planing to sell a lot of them I guess (ELR). Same with the Escalade if the price it out of the current customer base price range they will not sell a lot of them brand new people will buy them used though.
For sure they are not gonna sell many of them with that price,

I do wanna get the new escalade but if the premium price passes $80k I will get a Denali,
I don't like cue anyways.

#15 ·
kars79 said:
Cadillac just priced the new electric car elr and it's $75000 WOW Now I think escalade is more likely to start from $80k
Wow!! That's shocking if true. Cadillac is on a roll but that price ( if true ) for ELR will make it a very fast flop. $60 k max Hope that number is wrong as the ELR looks awesome.

----------

Just did the research and see this is true. Shocked. I understand GM is looking at the success of Tesla and their high price points. But Teslas giving you nearly 250 miles per charge vs 35 mi like ELR. I think GM missed a major opportunity to have uber profits by pricing the new Corvette stingray higher , in this range Sports car fans the world over would still consider Stingray a bargain if it started at $75k. Instead they start at $51k. That should be the ELR with a max going to $60 k

Maybe I'm wrong maybe Cadillac is only looking for a very small number of buyers. If they are looking for high volume then I think this is DOA.

#18 ·
BEarle said:
Cadillac will still sell a boat load of escalades even being $80k+ I mean I see more current generation platinums (which are $80k) than the "regular" escalades plus I see a lot of the new RR and they are well over a $100k
You are right
There are a lot of platinum's around but most of those were bought with $10k or more off
So they are most likely purchased for $70-$73k range

So when the new car hits the road
I doubt there will be much incentives to begin with

#20 ·
kars79 said:
You are right
There are a lot of platinum's around but most of those were bought with $10k or more off
So they are most likely purchased for $70-$73k range

So when the new car hits the road
I doubt there will be much incentives to begin with
Yeah that's why I'm going to wait another 2-3 years to grab one and not get raped by price gouging.

#21 ·
I read that even in the twilight of the current gen, the average selling price in Sept was $73k -- that's surprising that its so strong so late in its life cycle. GM knows they can go farther up with 2015 Escalade, as seen by average transaction prices of the X5, the new Range Rover, and the new MB GL. Yukon Denali is a strong seller for GMC, and they want to push that up as well. My guess is that the new Escalade arrives about $3k more than previously, with more options that will push average selling prices even higher than that $73k. They'll do a Platinum for MY 2016 with a much higher price point.

#25 ·
Anyone know what the GM employee discount is these days? 1% below invoice? Any idea what that does to the price of an Escalade?

Also, Range Rover offfers uber sport utility in addition to luxury. I think Cadillac would have to offer more in the way of power/precision engineering to justify a 100k price. The Esaclade is really a Yukon wrapped in nice leather. Doesn't mean they won't try...

#27 ·
evois said:
if there is any indication what the price of the new 2015 cadillac escalade will be, it will be close to low and high $90k's! the ELR starts at $75k and has the same internals as the volt? http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/elr-electric-car/reservation.html
When I first saw those numbers on elr I was shocked too but now I realize they don't plan on selling more 2-3k of those a year
Which they can't sell more then that anyways.

No way for those numbers to work on escalade,
Way too high .

Carl was saying rep told him it would start around $73-$75 range
Which make sense

People do give Range rover example about pricing but

Just yukon Denali by itself sells more then whole land rover lineup,

So it's not really same thing

If it does start at $90k they will lose at least 60 percent of the escalade buyers.

#28 ·
Having the Escalade start at $75,000 makes sense as the target audience is already at the highest end of the income demographics and that audience would not think twice of loading one up to the plus $90k range. Cadillac is on a winning track with Escalade and I predict the new model will be a huge success

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.