Price - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Price in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Yes, new style and new platform. We current owners have a better idea of where the improvements should have been ...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Price

Yes, new style and new platform. We current owners have a better idea of where the improvements should have been made and if they were. The new customers will see an all new redesigned Escalade. Knowing nothing of the previous generations shortcomings they will purchase the new model under the assumption, its a Cadillac, it costs a lot, therefore it must be perfect. They will then show up here and complain that their $100K Cadillac doesn't have something they assume should be standard on such an expensive car. JMHO

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Yes, new style and new platform. We current owners have a better idea of where the improvements should have been made and if they were. The new customers will see an all new redesigned Escalade. Knowing nothing of the previous generations shortcomings they will purchase the new model under the assumption, its a Cadillac, it costs a lot, therefore it must be perfect. They will then show up here and complain that their $100K Cadillac doesn't have something they assume should be standard on such an expensive car. JMHO
    like what? maybe the rain sense wipers, that's it? as far as comparison, my 2009 escalade hybrid is far advanced than my 2013 range rover except for the suspension bits, FYI.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The 2015 has everything but the " kitchen sink". There will always be someone to nit pick but I couldn't be more pleased with our Slade and could only imagine how gorgeous the new one will be. Especially that interior ! .

@ Evois, (taken from a different thread but answers your question)

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Disappointed the brakes are no larger, and still the same trans in a time where most are using 7 and 8 speeds, and a 17 hp upgrade (30 ft lbs tqr) when the Corvette is at 455 with a 6.2 is kind of lame, they did increase the rear diff size, of course most of the failures are with the FRONT DIFF, and that is still the same.
    ^^^That. 2009 was the year with the best options. Since 2010 options have been slowly removed. Even with added options and features inside, the fact remains they didn't upgrade those other areas mentioned above. As for HP, there is speculation that the Escalade put on a little weight.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The new srx has the bose noise cancelling built in, it works great you can not believe how little interior noise, and the 10 speaker system with the cue sounds so much better than my escalade's ever did/do, when I get in my escalade it sounds like an am radio in comparison, great bass too. RAINSENSE wipers STANDARD too

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    The new srx has the bose noise cancelling built in, it works great you can not believe how little interior noise, and the 10 speaker system with the cue sounds so much better than my escalade's ever did/do, when I get in my escalade it sounds like an am radio in comparison, great bass too. RAINSENSE wipers STANDARD too
    I viewed the new(2014?) SRX and noticed the TFT display and a heads-up display as well as I was having an oil change for my cadillac escalade. Didn't get a chance to drive it since I have driven the previous model as a loaner. But the Cue is a nice system though needs to get used to. The cubby/storage hole is hidden by the flip up button face. It has a potential for wear and breaking since there is no flip button or indicator how to open it. other than that, the leather looks spot on. nice vehicle. would still prefer the escalade though.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    I viewed the new(2014?) SRX and noticed the TFT display and a heads-up display as well as I was having an oil change for my cadillac escalade. Didn't get a chance to drive it since I have driven the previous model as a loaner. But the Cue is a nice system though needs to get used to. The cubby/storage hole is hidden by the flip up button face. It has a potential for wear and breaking since there is no flip button or indicator how to open it. other than that, the leather looks spot on. nice vehicle. would still prefer the escalade though.
    Agreed, I still need a smaller truck for the city, this is my 4th srx, and the first one I like driving more than the escalades, of course I am working on a new exhaust system to get rid of the 6 cylinder noise, but sounds good. I am sure the escalade will have the hidden compartment too

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

It's definitely likely the price will increase. I read an article that the LTZ for the Tahoe/Suburban will be $66k before tax, which could mean that the Denalis will pass the 70k barrier, same as the H2 from 2007-2009. The Platinums will be around 96k-100k, same price as the GL550s now. GL class got competition now.

I am more interested in the premium or platinum escalade esv.

heres's the article
    http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...burban-priced/

GL has competition?!?!?! Not until Cadillac adds a supercharger, bigger transmission and big brakes.....

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    The 2015 has everything but the " kitchen sink". There will always be someone to nit pick but I couldn't be more pleased with our Slade and could only imagine how gorgeous the new one will be. Especially that interior ! .
    The new Escalade will be my 4th Caddy in a row. After owning various models and spending a fair amount of time on various model forums on this Cadillac site, I have two main observations regarding general forum sentiment with respect to new models:

1. Forum members have great perspective and knowledge on these vehicles. You can't beat the detail and passion here.
    2. Forum members generally find reasons to be critical of new models at first. Some of this is valid but much of it is human nature...we want to feel better about the vehicle we already own.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I can see this new platform get a big revamp 2 years in.... meaning a new transmission and, bigger brakes (maybe) and most likely dual exhaust.... it only makes sense... they stepped it up interior wise, but exterior i cant see why they would remove the dual exhaust and keep an old tranny when so many are going 7 and 8 as previously stated by others

----------

Dont get me wrong, they have moved forward quite a bit, but are still light years away from the GL. Not even in the same ball park.

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    Dont get me wrong, they have moved forward quite a bit, but are still light years away from the GL. Not even in the same ball park.
    Their mBrace not that great, no remote start, and their navs a somewhat old school. To me the GL is not really a true SUV. It's more like an larger version of the S-Class with 7 seats added. Only thing new which I find cool on the GL are the Night Assist and 360 surround camera, which the Escalade definitely needs.

I have driven one, wasn't that impressed.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Before we purchased our 2011 Escalade we test drove a loaded MB GL. We were not impressed. Too many buttons on the cluster , very narrow feel abd it had a " boaty" ride feel. We felt the Caddy really felt like a large SUV. Nice and wide but drove more nimble then the GL. As for the engine performance the GL couldn't even compete. When you step on the gas on the Escalade she pulls like a locomotive. No such power rush in the GL. Hands down we felt Caddy was the clear winner. Now , coming up on 3 years and 41,000 miles we still love this SUV. Bulletproof reliability. I mean zero issues. She's a keeper for us.
    Nihsel10 likes this.

pricing will be released today. I'll wait for the dealer to email me info. hopefully I get my own personal allotment of one premium 2015 escalade.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Top speed website says starting price is $68k
    I doubt it's that low

Review
    http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadilla...-ar161168.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.