Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: '14 Jeep SRT 8 - Wow.....

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

'14 Jeep SRT 8 - Wow.....

Neighbour just bought an SRT 8 and all I can say is WOW. I had a 2012 Ram 2500 SLT and it was a nice truck, however, piece o' crap in the mechanical department. But I am just saying after seeing the SRT 8, Cadillac has a lot of catching up to do. The inside is gorgeous. Don't get me wrong, I love my Escalade and would still buy it over the Jeep due to what I need it for, but Dodge has come a long way from just about going bankrupt to making some really nice vehicles on the truck side of things from what I can see. GM better get going... or they are going to still be behind years from now. I really hope the 2015 or whatever year next Gen Caddy jumps ahead.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: '14 Jeep SRT 8 - Wow.....

My son-in-law has an SRT-8 in Norfolk, Virginia - a sort of metallic green pearl color, many bells and whistles. Very, very nice vehicle. It shows - easily - how ponderous and obsolete the Escalade has become, and the Jeep build quality should make GM take notice.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have a 2014 Jeep and they are nice, but not better than the EXT I got rid of...

SRT Jeeps are awesome. I see quite many of them in Europe. Theoretically I shouldn't because of expensive gas, should I?
    Fortunately there are customers who realize how overpriced ML AMG and Porsche Cayens are and choose a JEEP. Good work Chrysler!
    And Cadillac? They have no vehicle as answer to GC SRT. Even if they had, they have no ambition/will to build proper dealership/service chain to compete with Jeep. Embarrassing.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Eldorado Touring

I hope their build quality is better.

I bought my wife a 2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Overland Summit when they first came out. After 8,000 miles it had so many defects and had been to the dealer at least 10 times. I know it was an early production model, but for a $54k SUV it was sad.

Our CPO 2011 X5-M has been flawless thus far (only 6 months of ownership though).
    2015 Audi Q7 3.0T S-line - my DD
    2013 BMW Alpina B7 - wife's DD
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 Convertible Collectors Edition
    1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood

I bought my wife a 2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Overland Summit when they first came out. After 8,000 miles it had so many defects and had been to the dealer at least 10 times. I know it was an early production model, but for a $54k SUV it was sad.

Our CPO 2011 X5-M has been flawless thus far (only 6 months of ownership though).
    That's what I was getting at with the Ram I had... Looked GREAT! But didn't last that long.... Waaaaayyyy too many problems. So the escalade is the best vehicle I have ever driven to date, but I wish it was as good looking as the dodges that have been coming out. I bought mine for more utility than looks, but caddy does need to create a "wow" factor on this next release, or many will be done with them in the SUV department.

This model is built much better than the previous one. I Drove a 2011 for a few weeks last year and hated it. I stopped in to see the 2014 and ended up leaving with it. Much better vehicle

white-v-wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts v wagon
    My wife drives the 14 srt and loves it i do too, its really a great suv, weve had it for about 3 months now and no issues...

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Looks too much like the BMW X5.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

My wife has a new alpine edition srt8 grand cherokee, tuning and long tubes and it's now a rocket ship

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

^^^^pics!?!

Jeep has stepped their game up. I hated that previous generation (I renter one on vacation a year or so back). This new design is something totally different!

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post

Cadillac needs an Escalade V model to compete! I think enough people would buy it to make it worthwhile.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I've had a 2011 overland since they came out in late 2010 and never had a single problem with it. The 2014 is a mid-cycle refresh with new lights and bumpers not a significant departure from the 2011 by any means.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    I've had a 2011 overland since they came out in late 2010 and never had a single problem with it. The 2014 is a mid-cycle refresh with new lights and bumpers not a significant departure from the 2011 by any means.
    8 speed trans, that would be worth it for me.