We will have to wait till 2014-2015....... - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, We will have to wait till 2014-2015....... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I DO TOO!!!!! Cmon Cadillac, just a little peek,,,,we wont tell.......
    MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: We will have to wait till 2014-2015.......

I DO TOO!!!!! Cmon Cadillac, just a little peek,,,,we wont tell....

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/02/...but-this-fall/
    http://wardsauto.com/auto-makers/new...llac-exec-says

Butler also says a refreshed ’14 Escalade SUV will arrive in the fall but does not give a specific timeline.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

More like 2016 bc you never buy the first year like 2007 those had problems. I heard they will want 90k for them I guess I am going to have to go with the GL or Range. I had escalades since 1999 but I wont pay 90k to much and in 2016-2017 u can buy one with 5k miles for 60k
    hannity and hannity like this.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Talked to my salesman today while getting my truck serviced. I guess he was in California for a convention a few weeks back and they gave them a look at the new escalade. He told me he was NOT IMPRESSED! And disappointed. I asked why and he said you will see. I hope he's wrong....

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    Talked to my salesman today while getting my truck serviced. I guess he was in California for a convention a few weeks back and they gave them a look at the new escalade. He told me he was NOT IMPRESSED! And disappointed. I asked why and he said you will see. I hope he's wrong....
    wow

He could be wrong but I don't think he would lie because he knows that I will probably buy a new escalade and he would want the sale since I bought 2 caddies off of him.

He could be trying to impress you with the idea that he somehow has special access. I know folks that work at GM engineering that work on the development of these trucks, and up until very recently it was a fireable offense just lifting the cover on a 2014 Tahoe on any other segment of the car other that the one each engineer is working on. I haven't spoken to him in a month or so but it is incredibly unlikely that anyone at the dealer level has had any more glimpses of what's to come in regards to the 14 full size SUVs that the general public. Usually I have to show spy shots of upcoming vehicles to the guys at the dealership, they tend to be less clued in than even us.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    He could be wrong but I don't think he would lie because he knows that I will probably buy a new escalade and he would want the sale since I bought 2 caddies off of him.
    Ah I see. Thanks.

robs07esv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

I agree with soulsea. He is trying to impress you and there is no way he saw anything related to the Escalade. My partner is an engineer at GM and is working on the new Escalade and hasn't seen one yet. It is a fireable offense to say anything about the vehicle. So as for seeing pictures of it....no way. GM will not let the "cat out of the bag" on this one till they are good and ready. All I hear is how much I'm going to want one!!! LOL!!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

dealers do get to send a couple people to the internal unveiling events ... kind of a first look and what to expect for dealer principals, sales managers, etc

sales guy could be trying to impress you also ... the spy shots i've seen most recently don't really seem to have anything bad to look forward to?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I obviously havent seen one, but I have a feeling that this new Escalade will be a game changer.. for the better... there is no way they can be that arrogant to offer less than some of the competition that gives you more for less cash already... depending what you are looking for OTHER THAN tow and ride quality (those are the tops on the esky for me). The quality will have to come up and the razzle-dazzle needs to be implemented on the inside. I am guessing that there will not be the "Platinum" anymore.. just the Escalade as an ESV and loaded to the max.. From what I have read (mostly from internet rumor albeit), the base Escalade (non ESV) will; be replaced with a new crossover type utility... and the Esky will be maxed out as an ESV only.

Either way, I won't buy version 1...

I understand what everyone is saying, he told me the guy who leaked the picture of the new CTS was fired. He is one or the top salesmen in the country, he has a GM gold ring that GM presented to him for being one of the top sales figures in the country. If any celebrity visits the area he's the go to guy for cars, he does a lot of business with Dwayne "the rock" Johnson.
    So I can see GM giving him a small preview of what the escalade will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    From what I have read (mostly from internet rumor albeit), the base Escalade (non ESV) will; be replaced with a new crossover type utility... and the Esky will be maxed out as an ESV only.
    The wheelbases will remain as they are with a SWB regular Escalade/Tahoe/Yukon and a LWB ESV/XL/Suburban. There are already plenty a spy shoots documenting the pending release of both wheelbase variations. That whole 'smaller crossover Lambda platform Escalade ' rumor is years old and it stems from a time before GM committed to keeping the full size SUV line, a time when everyone was flipping out with $5 regular and SUV sales plummeted. Since then GM decided to keep this class of vehicles thus they will be released in both wheelbase variants the same way they exist today.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I am glad that they are taking there time, I just fixed up my truck because I know its going to be 3 years before I get one. I been driving escalades since I was 20. 1999 Sand Stone, 2003 ESV, 2008 Escalade Sport. My favorite was the 2003 the most comfortable. I think if I change my rims to the 18" it would be comfortable but I loose the look. I will drive Escalades all my life my main vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.