We will have to wait till 2014-2015....... - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, We will have to wait till 2014-2015....... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm torn. I like it but it seems like Cadillac is always two steps behind others. This reminds me of ...
    Joeacejr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT, 2005 3.6L CTS, 1997 Deville D'Elegance
    I'm torn. I like it but it seems like Cadillac is always two steps behind others. This reminds me of a mix between the Durango and the Infiniti QX. Of course different rims will help it's look because those are ugly IMO. Should be an interesting 14 months.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I don't think they are two steps behind when it comes to new models. I still don't know of a full size SUV that is 6 years old and still gets the compliments that my 08 does. When it comes to design I think they know what they are doing. JMO

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: We will have to wait till 2014-2015.......

^^^^Agreed

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Quote Originally Posted by lee88 View Post
    I don't think they are two steps behind when it comes to new models. I still don't know of a full size SUV that is 6 years old and still gets the compliments that my 08 does. When it comes to design I think they know what they are doing. JMO
    Exterior, yes.
    Interior , no.

I drive a 2010 Escalade ESV. One of the biggest darn vehicles on the road.
    Why does my owners manual not fit in the glove box?
    Why does my 6 year old not have enough leg room in the 2nd row?
    Why doesn't my water bottle fit in the cup holders?
    Why is my dash fake wood?
    Why do I still have a Key?
    I could go on an on....

I love my Escalade for the looks sheer size of it...but boy oh boy would I change some things design wise on the interior that just about all cars have. Storage compartments, roomy back rooms, streaming audio, keyless start, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ELUSIVE

Exterior, yes.
    Interior , no.

I drive a 2010 Escalade ESV. One of the biggest darn vehicles on the road.
    Why does my owners manual not fit in the glove box?
    Why does my 6 year old not have enough leg room in the 2nd row?
    Why doesn't my water bottle fit in the cup holders?
    Why is my dash fake wood?
    Why do I still have a Key?
    I could go on an on....

I love my Escalade for the looks sheer size of it...but boy oh boy would I change some things design wise on the interior that just about all cars have. Storage compartments, roomy back rooms, streaming audio, keyless start, etc.
    That must be a big six year old! Lol
    But really I have the regular size escalade and I fit fine back there. Granted I'm only 5'9" but I would like to think I'm bigger than the avg 6 year old. As far as the owners manual, I always take mine out anyways and bring it in where I can sit and read it if needed.
    Water bottle? Hmm what kind are you trying to squeeze in there? I always have a bottle of water on me and have never had a problem.
    I prefer not to have real wood- JMO I think it's harder to care for
    Lastly my wife's CTS has keyless and I prefer the key for my Escalade. It gives it more of a "truck" feel rather than a dainty car.

My point is all of this is personal opinion. What you might see as a design flaw I see as useful.

Luckily for me the truck fits my needs perfectly. Minus the sagging pillars! Lol
    Don't get me wrong I feel you jmho.

If it means anything, my 4 year old doesn't have much room either. They both sit in Britax booster seats.
    My understanding is that the 2nd row in the ESVs is small because they made room for the 3rd row. It's really pretty sad.
    Our 2005 Honda Accord has SIGNIFICANTLY more leg room for the kids than our Escalade ESV. That just seems wrong to me.
    I have a Nalgene water bottle.
    Real wood is more durable and less scratch resistant than the stupid plastic.

I honestly probably prefer the key too...but let's be honest, that's not why the Escalade has a key. It's because of GM design.

Additionally, i'm 6'2" tall. With the seat in the lowest position, my head still brushes the ceiling quite often. I can't imagine anyone taller than myself driving an Escalade.
    I just feel this truck could have been so much more if it had a better design team, particularly on the interior. The exterior is absolutely beautiful!!!

my $0.02.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

I have a kid in the back and plenty of room. Last year I did a road trip from Edmonton, Alberta to San Diego and sat in the rear 1/2 the time and had no problem with room. Don't know how tall you kids booster seat is? As for the cup holders.... my cups fit nice and snug. I'd rather that then having my cup bounce around as I drive. It's really hard for them to make a cup holder that would make everybody happy as cups and bottles come in many different shapes and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownEscalade View Post
    I have a kid in the back and plenty of room
    Do you have an ESV?

Quote Originally Posted by BlownEscalade View Post
    It's really hard for them to make a cup holder that would make everybody happy as cups and bottles come in many different shapes and sizes.
    I disagree. My 2001 Ford Expedition solved the problem. It has a very large cupholder, with a nice rubber insert that reduces the size for smaller bottles/cans. It's easy and works perfectly. I leave the insert in for most of the time and during the times when I need to store something with a larger diameter, I just pull it out. If Ford could do it in 2001, then GM certainly could be smarter about it in 2007-2013. Just my opinion.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

I agree with ELUSIVE. The second row has very limited leg room. Actually, I think i'm in the EXACT same setup as you! I have a 4 and a 6 yr old in Britax booster seats, and it is VERY tight for them unless I sit "indian style" in the front seat!

I just find that hard to believe,

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

SUVs, by their nature have a lot more limited leg room than sedans, due to a lot more verticality in their interior design ... the metaphor of how the seat is placed relative to the floor, is SUV seating is more like a bar stool whereas sedan seating is more like chair. That's why these trucks have very little leg room in front relative to their overall size. The ATS I'm renting right now has more front legroom (in terms of length) than my Escalade ... of course it doesn't help that on the front pass side there's that huge square box hanging under the glove box. What the heck is that thing anyway?

The rear seat issue is probably a different one, likely the result of evolving design rather than a needed complete redesign. One that would include front seatback thickness, smaller engine bay pushing the firewall forward, sliding 2nd row and 3rd row seats, that way interior space is maximized and each vehicle's interior spacing can be optimized/customized for each individual owner's needs.

I'm hoping that these element have been addressed in the new design, they already addressed the 2nd row windows being able to go all the way down, so I'm hoping they have also paid attention to space maximization.

We'll see ...
    K9Caddy and K9Caddy like this.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

You're right, I'm lying. Have you sat in the second row?? Go see for yourself, unless you are vertically challenged.

ErikU19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looks ok. I'll have to see it in person. The current design with the 22" wheels is gorgeous IMO

Well here is the proof:
    This is the front seat where it is when I drive it. As I mentioned I am 6'2".
    Not a big space between the back of the seat and the 2nd row.

backseat.jpg

Looks like plenty of room to me. However I forget that I am of average weight and most of America is not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.