On the fence on purchasing ELR. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, On the fence on purchasing ELR. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; What I dont understand is if the $12k 'IVC' is all or part dealer or not. The sales person said ...
    Huey Driver is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: On the fence on purchasing ELR.

What I dont understand is if the $12k 'IVC' is all or part dealer or not. The sales person said it was half and half but I dont think she really had much of a clue. I have only been able to guess that this may be the 'instant value coupons' that I have seen elsewhere. And if its a GM program, why would GM have an incentive on a car (presumably for everyone) that was twice as much as the military discount, but not allow stacking? Why would I use a military discount for $6500 when there is a $12000 discount for anyone who walks through the door? I'm not asking for the dealer or anyone to lose money, everyone has to make a profit to stay in business. And I might be totally unreasonable, but if I can get in with military discount, ICV, fed tax rebate AND trade, it puts it in my range. But I understand, if I cant swing it, its not their fault, as long as they just say so. There's a lot of things I cant afford (or wont spend the money on) even though I want them... :-)

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by dagger View Post
    Texican, no need to respond, I found the application online! Picked up my new ELR Luxury Package, Adaptive Cruise this morning! What a fine car to drive!
    Dagger...congrats on the purchase. You are really going to enjoy the car more and more. I now have 6000 miles on mine.

dagger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade ESV
    caste gall, my wife and I spent all day yesterday in the car. So far, it has exceeded my expectations in every aspect. I overnighted the paperwork to TCEQ today, will be interested to see how fast the $2500 rebate check gets here. This would be the perfect experience if the Toll Road Authority would allow single driver electric cars to use the contra flow lanes like in California, but I guess you can't have everything.

dagger: I am in DFW and just sent off my paper work as well. Amazingly, my business deals with the TCEQ every day (different division) so I will let you know if/when I get mine. The car is amazing!

Castegall, thanks, I overnighted mine on Monday evening so I will keep you posted as well. The ELR is relaxing in the garage right now, we are struggling through a weeks vacation up in Colorado. But I definitely concur, this is a luxurious ride with more bells and whistles than I have ever had. Like most of the other ELR owners, I didn't buy the car to race Tesla's, I bought it for the technology. I just got rid of a GTR that fulfilled every need for speed I ever possessed. Can hardly wait to get home to continue the a ELR experience!

Castegall, I just talked to TCEQ and they said the paperwork was processes to second review and that I should be getting a letter in 2 weeks or so stating I have been approved for the rebate and check on the way... I will keep you posted!

ATS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD

Great car just wish they were cheaper
    C&C likes this.

$80K MSRP (High) less discount $20K (25%, I think may go to 30% soon) is $60K. Less Federal Tax Credit of $7500 and (in Texas) State Rebate of $2500 brings you to $50K. Some states, Illinois and NJ come to mind, have a State Rebate of $4000, bringing the price to $48,500. I read
    several months ago that folks thought the car should be around $60K, that they were overpriced at the original MSRP. Now that they are in the $50K range, everyone still thinks they are too high.... Plus they are also throwing in a free top of the line Bosch charger and $3K toward installation. And it's too high?
    I guess now people want it to drop to $35K....

----------

Keep in mind, the $80K MSRP car is not a base ELR, this has the Luxury Package and Adaptive Cruise. I think a lot of technology for $50K.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

People have some messed up ideas of what the ELR should cost. A fully loaded 2014 Chevy Volt costs $40k, and these people want the ELR to cost just $10k more? They are out of their frickin' minds...

And they should definitely drive one. The interior is really awesome, the wood, carbon fiber, leather, definitely the smoothness of the drive. This is an enjoyable car to drive.
    Like I said above, I don't get the pricing issue people have.

Castegall, I just talked to TCEQ and they said the paperwork was processes to second review and that I should be getting a letter in 2 weeks or so stating I have been approved for the rebate and check on the way... I will keep you posted!
    Thanks dagger! I will do the same.

Huey Driver is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ok, so I'm a lot more closer to the edge of the fence...
    I found a new ELR (claimed 9 miles on the odo) for $61k. My problem is that because of a weird tax situation, I cant take the Fed Tax credit (I would only get about $200 of the credit). As I plan to keep no longer than 4 years, I am looking at a lease...
    I guess I just have to figure out how much I really want it. I'll be trading a '12 Luxury SRX. I'm unsure I will be happy hauling myself in and out of a coupe/sedan vs 'sliding in' to my crossover...
    The hard part is my local dealer would let me take it for a couple days, but he's $5k more than this dealer 2 hours away. If I go to the further dealer, they'd probably let me take it too, but I dont know what I'd get from spending most of my 24 hours driving to/from the dealer...

Cstegall, a large Manila envelope arrived saying I had been approved for the Texas rebate, and a check for $2500 arrived Tuesday.

Cstegall, a large Manila envelope arrived saying I had been approved for the Texas rebate, and a check for $2500 arrived Tuesday.
    Dagger...outstanding! I am hoping mine shows up in the coming week.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Ad from todays Sun-Sentinel for Miami's Braman Cadillac Dealership.
    elr.PNG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.