May sales 52
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, May sales 52 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Bringing YTD US deliveries to 293. Meanwhile, highest vin seen on cars is now 2143. 32 of the Saks editions ...
    FloridaMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR Saks Edition

May sales 52

Bringing YTD US deliveries to 293.

Meanwhile, highest vin seen on cars is now 2143.

32 of the Saks editions and 32 of the first 100 vins are still for sale.

While the recent new incentives were not in effect for the whole month, I expect they will need to go a lot higher.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: May sales 52

It's to be expected because there hasn't been any meaningful advertising; the Olympics "the rest of the world sucks" advertising bombed; GM executives have stated they believe environmentally-conscious consumers don't buy luxury cars (and so they're not targeting Volt owners who downgraded from luxury cars); GM doesn't seem to know how to convey the vast improvements found in the ELR in any meaningful way, so Cadillac only talks about the interior wood and leather instead of the $20,000 of new technology put in the car; and the acceleration is fractionally worse than the Volt.

The ELR is indeed a $76k car, but the way Cadillac treats it it's a future $60k car just waiting for its fire sale. Well, they'll get that pretty soon if each month results in fewer sales than the previous one!

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT
    I saw a flyer advertising for 18K off MSRP, but no lease and only for two available. https://media.dealersocket.com/image...s/ELRpromo.jpg

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I saw a red ELR on the road and man does it look stunning !!! Unfortunately , chalk this failure up to another GM executives bonehead decision to overprice this car. Had they priced at the correct $20 k level more then volt I think this car would have been a big hit.

I also loved the poolside ad and thought it was one if the best " pro American, pro capitalism , pro alpha male ads ever "!! I was shocked and the negatives that ad received. .

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: May sales 52

There are only so many people in the U.S. who inclusively (i) want a 2+2 coupe, (ii) don't want a hatchback, (iii) want a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, (iv) want a GM vehicle, (v) can afford a $76-84k vehicle, and (vi) are currently looking for a new car. Low sales for the ELR simply means Cadillac has a very small market for the car, not that it isn't exclusive or desirable (or priced correctly).

Idiotic statements by GM and very poor marketing sure doesn't help sales, but there probably aren't very many people out there who pay attention to what Mark Reuss and Uwe Ellinghaus blabber on about (or even know who they are). I suspect a 0-60 time comparable to the Model S would have made a significant difference in sales, especially to wealthy Volt drivers who are ready to trade up to (or get back into) a luxury car.

Of course, had the ELR come first and Volt second, no one would be having this conversation. Another bad decision by GM, unfortunately...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.