Magneto is an overachiever!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Magneto is an overachiever! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My ELR, lovingly referred to as Magneto, is starting me out in the am with 49 miles of available no-gas-ready-kilowatt ...
    cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Magneto is an overachiever!

My ELR, lovingly referred to as Magneto, is starting me out in the am with 49 miles of available no-gas-ready-kilowatt power available! Not 37, not 39, not 41..but FORTY NINE! I have had the car for three weeks and it has exceeded numbers posted by Cadillac. I have measured the miles by power to the odometer and my car is delivering 1-1 so the numbers are right. Hope it keeps it up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: Magneto is an overachiever!

Good deal! I've never gotten more than 38 EV miles out of my ELR, which is the same I get out of my 2012 Volt. Oh, well...

jc4usc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR - Radiant Silver
    That is awesome! In the short time I've had mine, I've broken 41. You've set the bar!

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by cstegall View Post
    My ELR, lovingly referred to as Magneto...
    For a cool spaceship affect, grab a copy of NASA's Symphony of the Planets and play that while you're driving! The entire 5-hour recording is available on iTunes for $10, or you may be able to download it if you can find it on Google. My friends totally geek out when I drive them around with that playing!

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Blast: I did...and did! You are right! As a matter of fact it kinda mesmerized me as well! THANKS!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jc4usc View Post
    That is awesome! In the short time I've had mine, I've broken 41. You've set the bar!
    As a side note...I have noticed that the longer I leave it on the charger (currently 120v) the higher my startup number is. The ceiling seems to be 49. I started out with 49 available EV miles and by the time I made my trips between Dallas and Fort Worth I had actually gotten almost 50 miles before the gas kicked in! I will certainly enjoy it as long as it continues...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.