Cadillac Owners Forum banner

934 ELR's on Cars.com

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cstegall 
#1 ·
Nearly half of the cars Cadillac expect to sell in 2014 still for sale on Cars.com and the numbers increasing. When will Cadillac realize the price mistake they've made? Amazing! Wake up Cadillac, reduce the price and this car could take off!

#2 ·
Why, as an ELR owner, would I/we want Cadillac to drop the price so every Tom, Dick and Harry can buy one? I like exclusivity and I enjoy the ELR immensely. Compared to the 2015 Escalade price (the car I planned on buying) the ELR is a steal! If anything, I think the price is right where it should be for a "halo" car. If they don't sell and they cut back on production it won't be much different than a Ferrari production run...and they sell at $250K (granted...to not many Toms, Dicks or Harry's). I suggested directly to
Cadillac that they should spend some time making some engineering adjustments that were incorrect when the car was designed (ie: passenger side mirror blocked by door, etc.) and keep the price stable for 2 or 3 years. Let the design, development and marketing catch up with the car and NOT the other way around.

#4 ·
I suggested directly to Cadillac that they should spend some time making some engineering adjustments that were incorrect when the car was designed (ie: passenger side mirror blocked by door, etc.)
Can you expand on that issue? I haven't had any problem seeing with my passenger side mirror. I must be missing a detail in order to understand that problem.

I think every time an ELR owner reports a problem on this or other forums, we should all call our ELR Concierge and report the same thing! So let me know what I'm supposed to be reporting about the side mirror.

#3 ·
Here's a little more detail of what cars.com has as of this morning:

While there are 938 ELR's listed, there are some duplicates. There are 924 unique vins, ranging from #00004 to #01466

There are 32 white (Saks editions) listed

There are 12 (offered by 7 dealers) priced at $1000 or more over estimated msrp*

There are 102 priced at $1000 or more below estimated msrp*, including 10 from 5 dealers priced $6000 or more below estimated msrp*

*estimated msrp based on factory options (luxury, cruise, Kona) based on vin code, and adjusted for color as necessary. This does not include dealer-installed accessories such as the cd player.

#5 ·
Blast: Every ELR I have looked at since buying mine does not allow me to use the entire mirror on the passenger door. The upper door trim covers the view of the mirror
from the drivers seat no matter how I adjust the mirror. I thought, at first, it was just mine but all the others in the DFW area are the same. I was told by one of the ELR mechanics that the passenger side
outside mirror is smaller than the drivers side. I have not verified this on my car yet.

#6 · (Edited)
Well, I'll be darned...I never noticed that! I just checked my ELR and, indeed, about 1-2 centimeters of the bottom left edge of the passenger side mirror is obscured by the door trim. If I adjust my seat to a higher position, I am almost able to bring that entire remaining portion of the passenger-side mirror into view, but then any hope of seeing traffic lights out the front window is gone! I didn't check whether the mirror size is different, but it sure looks the same size when I eyeball it.

#7 ·
Blast: Well...there we are! Now...maybe we drive them for 2 years and then let Cadillac know that the mirror issue that allows us to only see part of the world behind us has caused us to adjust our entire way of living and how we see life itself, therefore, they should switch the 2014 ELRs we have for the new 2016 ELR that gets 150 EV miles per charge and 45 miles per gallon....for no additional cost of course.

We gots us a plan!

#12 ·
Although I started this thread and I sound negative on this car, I'm not. I'm huge Cadillac fan (own an ATS)and followed the ELR since it's inception and always thought I'd own one once produced. My problem is only the price, I just can't seem to grasp why they priced them so high as sales would be triple right now if priced $10-15K less. Makes no sense to me and I'm now not a buyer until used ones start popping up. In the meantime I've purchased a Fisker Karma and WOW what a car!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.