934 ELR's on Cars.com
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, 934 ELR's on Cars.com in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Nearly half of the cars Cadillac expect to sell in 2014 still for sale on Cars.com and the numbers increasing. ...
    Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

934 ELR's on Cars.com

Nearly half of the cars Cadillac expect to sell in 2014 still for sale on Cars.com and the numbers increasing. When will Cadillac realize the price mistake they've made? Amazing! Wake up Cadillac, reduce the price and this car could take off!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Re: 934 ELR's on Cars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rarcaddy View Post
    Nearly half of the cars Cadillac expect to sell in 2014 still for sale on Cars.com and the numbers increasing. When will Cadillac realize the price mistake they've made? Amazing! Wake up Cadillac, reduce the price and this car could take off!
    Why, as an ELR owner, would I/we want Cadillac to drop the price so every Tom, Dick and Harry can buy one? I like exclusivity and I enjoy the ELR immensely. Compared to the 2015 Escalade price (the car I planned on buying) the ELR is a steal! If anything, I think the price is right where it should be for a "halo" car. If they don't sell and they cut back on production it won't be much different than a Ferrari production run...and they sell at $250K (granted...to not many Toms, Dicks or Harry's). I suggested directly to
    Cadillac that they should spend some time making some engineering adjustments that were incorrect when the car was designed (ie: passenger side mirror blocked by door, etc.) and keep the price stable for 2 or 3 years. Let the design, development and marketing catch up with the car and NOT the other way around.

FloridaMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR Saks Edition

Here's a little more detail of what cars.com has as of this morning:

While there are 938 ELR's listed, there are some duplicates. There are 924 unique vins, ranging from #00004 to #01466

There are 32 white (Saks editions) listed

There are 12 (offered by 7 dealers) priced at $1000 or more over estimated msrp*

There are 102 priced at $1000 or more below estimated msrp*, including 10 from 5 dealers priced $6000 or more below estimated msrp*

*estimated msrp based on factory options (luxury, cruise, Kona) based on vin code, and adjusted for color as necessary. This does not include dealer-installed accessories such as the cd player.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by cstegall View Post
    I suggested directly to Cadillac that they should spend some time making some engineering adjustments that were incorrect when the car was designed (ie: passenger side mirror blocked by door, etc.)
    Can you expand on that issue? I haven't had any problem seeing with my passenger side mirror. I must be missing a detail in order to understand that problem.

I think every time an ELR owner reports a problem on this or other forums, we should all call our ELR Concierge and report the same thing! So let me know what I'm supposed to be reporting about the side mirror.

Blast: Every ELR I have looked at since buying mine does not allow me to use the entire mirror on the passenger door. The upper door trim covers the view of the mirror
    from the drivers seat no matter how I adjust the mirror. I thought, at first, it was just mine but all the others in the DFW area are the same. I was told by one of the ELR mechanics that the passenger side
    outside mirror is smaller than the drivers side. I have not verified this on my car yet.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well, I'll be darned...I never noticed that! I just checked my ELR and, indeed, about 1-2 centimeters of the bottom left edge of the passenger side mirror is obscured by the door trim. If I adjust my seat to a higher position, I am almost able to bring that entire remaining portion of the passenger-side mirror into view, but then any hope of seeing traffic lights out the front window is gone! I didn't check whether the mirror size is different, but it sure looks the same size when I eyeball it.

Blast: Well...there we are! Now...maybe we drive them for 2 years and then let Cadillac know that the mirror issue that allows us to only see part of the world behind us has caused us to adjust our entire way of living and how we see life itself, therefore, they should switch the 2014 ELRs we have for the new 2016 ELR that gets 150 EV miles per charge and 45 miles per gallon....for no additional cost of course.

We gots us a plan!

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Curious if this is a case of dealers ordering more or cars just not moving. In the last week or so, I've seen about six of 'em on the road all with fresh dmv tags. Maybe they're doing well in LA only?

dengland is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    Well, I'll be darned...I never noticed that!
    Hate when that happens. Nothing like someone pointing out what you were blissfully ignorant of. Seriously, it is good you guys are sharing info. I am on the sidelines living vicariously through you early adopters.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by BoughtTheXLR View Post
    Here's a little more detail of what cars.com has as of this morning:

While there are 938 ELR's listed, there are some duplicates. There are 924 unique vins, ranging from #00004 to #01466

There are 32 white (Saks editions) listed

There are 12 (offered by 7 dealers) priced at $1000 or more over estimated msrp*

There are 102 priced at $1000 or more below estimated msrp*, including 10 from 5 dealers priced $6000 or more below estimated msrp*

*estimated msrp based on factory options (luxury, cruise, Kona) based on vin code, and adjusted for color as necessary. This does not include dealer-installed accessories such as the cd player.
    How did you do that?

FloridaMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR Saks Edition

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04 View Post
    How did you do that?
    Wrote a program. Actually, still writing as I discover more nuances. I'm starting to track price drops, and that led to having to watch for vehicles that are dropped from the listings only to return with a different price. Meanwhile, a few more numbers as of this morning:

987 listings for 976 unique vins
    of the ones listed, 51 don't have prices specified, 111 have a price $1000 or more below estimated msrp
    of vins 1-100, 35 are listed, most of those at or near msrp
    highest vin currently listed is 1571. That number keeps growing, so either dealers are still ordering or at least still receiving backlogged orders. That, and a relatively small number of steep discounts, suggests to me that by and large dealers remain confident they can make good money selling ELRs.

I'm fascinated by the situation with the Saks editions. 34 listed. If that tracks percentagewise with the overall numbers (about 2/3 or all available ELRs being listed), that would indicate about 50 of the 100 are still available. Highest vin for the listed ones is 1134, so I'm guessing all 100 have been built. Nearly no discounting yet, even though the msrp includes the charger/installation package now available for free on the 1st 1k ELRs sold. At a $5k premium over an identically equipped premium-paint red one, that's a lot just for a "Saks" label.

Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Although I started this thread and I sound negative on this car, I'm not. I'm huge Cadillac fan (own an ATS)and followed the ELR since it's inception and always thought I'd own one once produced. My problem is only the price, I just can't seem to grasp why they priced them so high as sales would be triple right now if priced $10-15K less. Makes no sense to me and I'm now not a buyer until used ones start popping up. In the meantime I've purchased a Fisker Karma and WOW what a car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarcaddy View Post
    Although I started this thread and I sound negative on this car, I'm not. I'm huge Cadillac fan (own an ATS)and followed the ELR since it's inception and always thought I'd own one once produced. My problem is only the price, I just can't seem to grasp why they priced them so high as sales would be triple right now if priced $10-15K less. Makes no sense to me and I'm now not a buyer until used ones start popping up. In the meantime I've purchased a Fisker Karma and WOW what a car!!
    Loved the look of the FK but worried about service, warranty and parts availability. The car is beautifully designed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.