Side View Mirrors as Charge Indicators - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Side View Mirrors as Charge Indicators in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jc4usc Finally got my car back today. The indicator is still not lighting up. I called my ...
    BoughtTheXLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR

Re: Side View Mirrors as Charge Indicators

Quote Originally Posted by jc4usc View Post
    Finally got my car back today. The indicator is still not lighting up. I called my sales guy and he keeps telling me this is normal. He promised to check in with his tech...claiming that certain production runs are only designed to light up the passenger side. I don't know what to do at this point - any suggestions? The concierge folks don't seemed to be empowered to do much. Thanks in advance for any ideas...
    Tell dealer you will bring it back twice more, and if they neither fix it or provide a letter from corporate stating that its vin is documented as working as designed, you will then be back with a lemon law attorney for a replacement vehicle.

jc4usc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR - Radiant Silver

So I finally got my car back this past Sunday. I drove it for a couple of days and guess what! OnStar ran a diagnostic report which came back with some sort of "airbag" warning. So just dropped it off again at the dealership. They still haven't figured out how to fix the indicator charging light on the driver side. They've told me that they're working with their factory reps to figure out a way to compensate me for my continued troubles. How about making the first payment on the car! Things have to get better - worst experience I've ever had with a "luxury" vehicle...

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Wow - it really sucks that you're having such a bad experience with the ELR and Cadillac. Do you have a low VIN, perhaps, so at least you could chalk up the problems to an early production model? I hope Cadillac makes it right for you.

kgenaidy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ELR

I have a low VIN that happens to be charging right now. Both side view mirror leds are green.

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Update on the center stack rear view system issue: No fix needed. Did not occur again and, as Blast stated, may have been a one time deal. On a side note: I got in the car the other day and lost the audio on the Cue system. There were a couple of trim fixes I needed in the interior so I had the dealer check it out for me and they ended up putting in some new "calibrations" in the software for the Cue. No problems since the one time I lost audio. Car is outstanding. ELR Concierge called to find out why the car was in for service and did the repair seem to remedy the problems. The car is getting a lot of attention in the right service hands.

Quick update - I bought the car on 3/15 and have had it in my possession for about 6 days since then. The rest of the time, it's been sitting at the dealership being fixed. I will say the guys at the dealership have been awesome, but are at the mercy of Corp. Supposedly I'm being compensated financially for the issue (???) and have been given a nice ATS to drive around. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone is experiencing similar issues. Thanks all. The good news is that my charging station was installed today and is pending inspection tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have no car to plug in!! Ha, ha...I guess the joke is on me...

Great news! I finally have my baby back and fully intact. Everything now seems to be working perfectly. The dealership really stepped up and backed the product. I had a fun and sporty ATS the whole time and they are going to pick up one of the monthly payments on the car.

To boot, my Green Stickers for the HOV (carpool) lane came in over the weekend. Woo hoo!! Now I'm just waiting for LADWP to flip on the switch to my new EV Meter, and we're back in business!!

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium
    That's great news, I hope you have a trouble free experience from here on!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.