Cadillac's weak attempt at justifying ELR price - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Cadillac's weak attempt at justifying ELR price in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I hadn't thought about leasing. I assume that one has to have perfect credit to get the best rate through ...
    Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Re: Cadillac's weak attempt at justifying ELR price

I hadn't thought about leasing. I assume that one has to have perfect credit to get the best rate through GM.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising -- whatsoever

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5521891.html

http://adage.com/article/news/cadill...olside/293825/

Gee, I never would have guessed that Uwe Ellinghaus' comments would come back to haunt him...

Even though he spewed those customer loyalty destroying words in April, they're still being picked up for new articles. And he's not backtracking, which is bad news for Cadillac.

Have he and Mark Reuss not noticed the $5,000-$20,000 discounts dealers are being forced to offer on the ELR, recently? Gotta wonder what world those executives live in!

Here's another choice gem from Ellinghaus:

...while the Escalade SUV has long been popular among athletes, actors and rappers as a symbol of success, Mr. Ellinghaus isn't ready to reach into the wallet and pay them to be spokespeople. "The brand is strong enough that it doesn't need to borrow competence from anybody famous. So I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising, whatsoever."

"I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising, whatsoever" - gotta love the ignorance! BMW advertises, MB advertises, Audi advertises, Jaguar advertises, Porsche advertises...but Uwe doesn't think Cadillac needs advertising and celebrity testimonials, or seeing Pharrell Williams step out of an ELR at the Grammys? Goodness gracious, this guy is going to run Cadillac into the ground!

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

I must admit that I am concerned about the stories I have heard concerning $20k discounts on the car.

FloridaMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR Saks Edition

The biggest discounts at the moment are from Jim Winter at a claimed $21K. However, their own web site discloses that that's the GM employee price, and it's "after all rebates" which presumably includes "after tax credit". If you actually went there and tried to buy an ELR the actual discount would likely be more in the ballpark of $12K, which is what several dealers have been offering all month, without notable success.

Barring a very large rebate from GM, what we will see over the next 3-6 months will be each of the 500+ ELR dealers making their own decision about what to do with unsold ELRs. I expect many of them will simply be preoccupied with the ordering and rollout of the 2015 cars they *can* sell, and will just park the ELRs at the back of the lot and hope GM offers some assistance. Other dealers will simply want to get rid of them at a loss now instead of a bigger loss later. We're seeing some of that now with the $12K discounts. If the June sales numbers are truely woeful that may accelerate the process.

Keep in mind that around half the dealers who have ELRs have yet to sell even a single one.

If GM is so crazy that they think the ELR's price is right, they'd best figure out how to convince around 1900 potential buyers, and relatively soon. In 3-6 months any 2014 model will be perceived as a leftover, even if there isn't a 2015.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising -- whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5521891.html

http://adage.com/article/news/cadill...olside/293825/

Gee, I never would have guessed that Uwe Ellinghaus' comments would come back to haunt him...

Even though he spewed those customer loyalty destroying words in April, they're still being picked up for new articles. And he's not backtracking, which is bad news for Cadillac.

Have he and Mark Reuss not noticed the $5,000-$20,000 discounts dealers are being forced to offer on the ELR, recently? Gotta wonder what world those executives live in!

Here's another choice gem from Ellinghaus:

...while the Escalade SUV has long been popular among athletes, actors and rappers as a symbol of success, Mr. Ellinghaus isn't ready to reach into the wallet and pay them to be spokespeople. "The brand is strong enough that it doesn't need to borrow competence from anybody famous. So I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising, whatsoever."

"I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising, whatsoever" - gotta love the ignorance! BMW advertises, MB advertises, Audi advertises, Jaguar advertises, Porsche advertises...but Uwe doesn't think Cadillac needs advertising and celebrity testimonials, or seeing Pharrell Williams step out of an ELR at the Grammys? Goodness gracious, this guy is going to run Cadillac into the ground!
    Note that you are twisting his words. He's not interested in CELEBRITY endorsements. He says "celebrity AND advertising." Grammatically, and judging on his heritage, this likely means that he doesn't want to associate Cadillac with any particular celebrities, not that he isn't interesting in advertising in general. His entire job is to refocus the branding and advertising budget for the brand.

When was the last time you saw a commercial with Audi, Porsche, BMW, or Jaguar that had Pharrell Williams in it?

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: I'm not interested in celebrity and advertising -- whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Note that you are twisting his words ... When was the last time you saw a commercial with Audi, Porsche, BMW, or Jaguar that had Pharrell Williams in it?
    Note that you're twisting my words. I didn't say Cadillac should create an advertisement with Pharrell; I meant that - just as Cadillac did so successfully with the Escalade - GM should be doing everything possible to get celebrities to step out of an ELR at prominent public events to create buzz. No different from Nike making sure athletes wear their shoes in public, or Audi making sure Jason Statham always drives an Audi in the Transporter movies, or Chevrolet paying to make sure Bumblebee was a Camaro in Transformers. Even The Big Bang Theory prominently showed a Nissan Resonance (i.e., 2015 Murano) that created a huge buzz for that car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.