I'm back with a new ELR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bgelber
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, I'm back with a new ELR in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I traded my 2008 CTS with manual transmission for a 2012 Volt. The Volt was great, and as I have ...
    bgelber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm back with a new ELR

I traded my 2008 CTS with manual transmission for a 2012 Volt. The Volt was great, and as I have only a ten mile commute and can plug in at work, I was at 94% EV miles when I traded it for a new ELR, Ashen Gray with black interior. Huber Cadillac in Omaha gave a reasonable deal and reasonable trade for the Volt, although as expected the depreciation was significant on a slightly less than 2 year old trade in. I already had a 240 volt charger installed for the Volt so I'm not sure what to do with the one offered by GM with the ELR.

I thought I might miss the manual transmission of the CTS, but the torque and smoothness of both the Volt and the ELR more than make up for that.

All three cars handled well in snow, the CTS with winter tires and the other two with the OEM tires.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Re: I'm back with a new ELR

Very nice!

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Congratulations, bgelber, and welcome to the ELR club! I'd be interested to know if you have some of the same minor issues I've encountered, such as the screen not getting dim enough at night, the display not remaining turned off if the A/C is on, and manually changing to Night Mode not affecting anything.

I did notice the display comes back on. I think it may be due to the proximity sensing feature. Try keeping your hands far away from the display screen, or disabling the proximity feature. I tried the former but not the latter. I haven't tried the day/night mode.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

If you turn off the A/C and turn off the display, the screen should not turn on even if you move your hand close to activate the proximity sensor. (I have another thread on this forum somewhere that details the exact problem and my testing of it.)

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by bgelber View Post
    I traded my 2008 CTS with manual transmission for a 2012 Volt. The Volt was great, and as I have only a ten mile commute and can plug in at work, I was at 94% EV miles when I traded it for a new ELR, Ashen Gray with black interior. Huber Cadillac in Omaha gave a reasonable deal and reasonable trade for the Volt, although as expected the depreciation was significant on a slightly less than 2 year old trade in. I already had a 240 volt charger installed for the Volt so I'm not sure what to do with the one offered by GM with the ELR.

I thought I might miss the manual transmission of the CTS, but the torque and smoothness of both the Volt and the ELR more than make up for that.

All three cars handled well in snow, the CTS with winter tires and the other two with the OEM tires.
    bgelber: Beautiful car and you got lucky with the model that allows you to park it on its rear end! Very nice car and I admire anyone that buys an $80k automobile, that is one of only a few on the road, and then drives it in a foot of snow. You have my most sincerest admiration!,

Quote Originally Posted by cstegall View Post
    bgelber: Beautiful car and you got lucky with the model that allows you to park it on its rear end! Very nice car and I admire anyone that buys an $80k automobile, that is one of only a few on the road, and then drives it in a foot of snow. You have my most sincerest admiration!,
    Sorry I posted the photo sideways. Driving in snow is not a big deal. Before coming to Nebraska, I lived in upstate New York and then in Minnesota. The heated steering wheel is very nice. Here is the photo correctly positioned.
    Attached Images
    EVH5150 likes this.

cstegall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ELR, EXT(gone), ESCALADE(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by bgelber View Post
    Sorry I posted the photo sideways. Driving in snow is not a big deal. Before coming to Nebraska, I lived in upstate New York and then in Minnesota. The heated steering wheel is very nice. Here is the photo correctly positioned.
    Bgelber: Beautiful car in any position.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.