What is the ELR missing that other Cadillacs have?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, What is the ELR missing that other Cadillacs have? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'll start us off with these two items: 1) Siri Eyes Free. This is available in the 2014 CTS, 2015 ...
    Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

I'll start us off with these two items:

1) Siri Eyes Free. This is available in the 2014 CTS, 2015 ATS, and 2015 XTS (and 2014 Chevy Volt, Sonic, Spark, Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, and SS).

2) Text Messaging. This is available in the same vehicles as Siri Eyes Free and various Cadillac models that don't have Siri.

So one of the most expensive, exclusive vehicles in the GM lineup doesn't have the advanced tech available in a $16,840 Chevy Spark.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Re: What is the ELR missing that other Cadillacs have?

What is Siri Eyes Free? It's not in my 2014 CTS.

It's Cadillac's integration of Siri from iPhones (running iOS 6/7) into the C.U.E. system.

Here's one article announcing it:
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/2014-cadil...eyes-free-mode

Here's an example of it working on the Equionox:

Apparently this was supposed to be part of a C.U.E. system update last year, but Cadillac dropped the ball. Here's one article announcing the update:
    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/02/...free-in-march/

It's confirmed on all 2015 models that have C.U.E. (which will all now use AT&T's 4G network), is on most 2014 Chevrolet models, and is supposed to be on the 2014 CTS. If it isn't, then that's why this thread is so grumpy!

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

I haven't seen a Heads Up Display offered. The XLR had it ten years ago and it's one of my favorite features of the car.

CCC

The XTS (2014) and Escalade (2015?) have it. The ATS might, but I'm not sure. No idea about the 2014 CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    It's Cadillac's integration of Siri from iPhones (running iOS 6/7) into the C.U.E. system.

Here's one article announcing it:
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/2014-cadil...eyes-free-mode

Here's an example of it working on the Equionox:

Apparently this was supposed to be part of a C.U.E. system update last year, but Cadillac dropped the ball. Here's one article announcing the update:
    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/02/...free-in-march/

It's confirmed on all 2015 models that have C.U.E. (which will all now use AT&T's 4G network), is on most 2014 Chevrolet models, and is supposed to be on the 2014 CTS. If it isn't, then that's why this thread is so grumpy!
    Wow! Very cool. I wonder if you can get it to work with Android?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'll start us off with these two items:

1) Siri Eyes Free. This is available in the 2014 CTS, 2015 ATS, and 2015 XTS (and 2014 Chevy Volt, Sonic, Spark, Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, and SS).

2) Text Messaging. This is available in the same vehicles as Siri Eyes Free and various Cadillac models that don't have Siri.

So one of the most expensive, exclusive vehicles in the GM lineup doesn't have the advanced tech available in a $16,840 Chevy Spark.
    Hello Blastphemy,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding some of the items you feel should be included in the ELR. I will be sure to document your feedback and pass it along, as well as the other feedback that is suggested in this thread. Please feel free to private message me with your questions, concerns, or comments.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding some of the items you feel should be included in the ELR.
    Thank you, Gregory. Just to clarify, "Siri Eyes Free" and "Text Messaging" are features I was told were in the ELR (both by the ELR Concierge phone line and the C.U.E. Infotainment phone line). It wasn't until I took delivery of the car and tried to use those two features that I discovered them missing. I was told everything in the C.U.E. Infotainment Manual was available on the ELR (see page 102 for text messaging). Granted, I should have known better since the C.U.E. manual shows a rear sunshade button that doesn't exist in the ELR; and the C.U.E. manual doesn't include anything about the ELR's battery, charge scheduling, etc.

I already knew the ELR didn't have a head's-up display (like the XTS), cooled front seats, or a sunroof, but I leased it despite those omissions. Great car, but the marketing people need to be a little better informed. (See, they also couldn't believe the new top-of-the-line Cadillac wouldn't have all the goodies of the less-expensive models. It wasn't just me making that assumption!)

Thank you, Gregory. Just to clarify, "Siri Eyes Free" and "Text Messaging" are features I was told were in the ELR (both by the ELR Concierge phone line and the C.U.E. Infotainment phone line). It wasn't until I took delivery of the car and tried to use those two features that I discovered them missing. I was told everything in the C.U.E. Infotainment Manual was available on the ELR (see page 102 for text messaging). Granted, I should have known better since the C.U.E. manual shows a rear sunshade button that doesn't exist in the ELR; and the C.U.E. manual doesn't include anything about the ELR's battery, charge scheduling, etc.

I already knew the ELR didn't have a head's-up display (like the XTS), cooled front seats, or a sunroof, but I leased it despite those omissions. Great car, but the marketing people need to be a little better informed. (See, they also couldn't believe the new top-of-the-line Cadillac wouldn't have all the goodies of the less-expensive models. It wasn't just me making that assumption!)
    You should add ELR to your signature profile

XTS Does have a (configurable) Heads Up Display, as does the new CTS.

CCC

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Blastphemy,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this information. I have forwarded this concern to the appropriate team within our organizational. I apologize for the miscommunication on your purchase. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself, or Laura, in the future with any questions or concerns. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you are enjoying the new ELR!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Update on using Siri in the ELR. There's a three-step process for accessing Siri (on an iPhone 4/5 with iOS 6/7) in the ELR. First, press the Home button. Second, press the Phone icon. Third, press the "Start" button and wait for the 'ding' that lets you know Siri is ready. At that point, you can finally talk to Siri and get responses.

The other way to activate Siri through the Bluetooth (or USB?) connection is to unlock the iPhone with your password, and then hold the home button until you hear the 'ding' that lets you know Siri is ready.

But, of course, it's not safe to swipe and type in a password on your phone while driving, so that defeats the whole "eyes free" concept! So either you're looking at the center stack to find the Home button, then looking at the nav screen to find the Phone icon and then the Start button; or you're looking at your phone to unlock it. Either way, the ELR's implementation of Siri is decidedly not "eyes free"! But I must concede that Siri does indeed work through the ELR's C.U.E. system; it's just poorly executed.

And text messaging through Siri (as shown in the Equinox commercial) works too, but only after pressing the Home button, pressing the Phone icon, pressing the Start button, and waiting for the 'ding'.

All Cadillac would need to do is reprogram the steering wheel Talk button so that it accesses Siri after being held for a couple of seconds (instead of just being pressed to access the C.U.E. voice commands). Let's hope Cadillac makes this simple adjustment to C.U.E. so that whiners like me will stop complaining!

BTW, guess what's not in the general C.U.E. Infotainment Manual, ELR Owners Manual, or ELR Personalization Guide? Yup, the instructions above that I just wrote!

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

It can't haul as much plywood as an Escalade EXT.
    MJDART likes this.

Voice control to turn off the screen when it's annoying. In the XLR you press the voice recognition button on the steering wheel and say, "Screen off." I use it all the time. Great little feature.

CC

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

you can eliminate a step by placing a shortcut to the microphone app in the app tray up top that way it's always there without having to hit the home button first...you can place 5 shortcuts in the tray....ELR is due an update at any moment now, ELR is the first cadillac scheduled to receive 'CUE Collections" which is sort of an app store where you can download RDIO, stitcher etc..this was supposed to hit this month, but seems to be late
    Blastphemy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.