ELR price dropping
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, ELR price dropping in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've noticed already on eBay and at a Florida dealership they're already starting to negotiate on the sticker price by ...
    Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

ELR price dropping

I've noticed already on eBay and at a Florida dealership they're already starting to negotiate on the sticker price by about $1,000. Nine more and I might be a buyer. Also noticed them not selling on eBay and being relisted. On Cars.com the same amount are for sale since introduction indicating not many sales. Cadillac really screwed up on this one with there pricing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blastphemy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: ELR price dropping

It's possible that Cadillac could be initially dropping prices and offering competitive lease deals to get people into showrooms and increase word-of-mouth. Then, once the car has been declared a success due to its impressive January sales, the deals will disappear.

Or Cadillac priced the car too high
    remnokc likes this.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

$1,000 is nothing. I'm looking for $25k. I wonder, and I'm not trying to be mean, have they sold even 1 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04 View Post
    have they sold even 1 yet?
    At least one! (if you count a lease)

I know of at least three other people who have an ELR, so I guess that's at least four.

dankumm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Its been said they sold 6 in December and I guess GM mentioned they sold a few dozen in Jan....maybe 30 sold or on average roughly 1 a day? At this pace that's maybe 400 a year max. I think that is well below their expectations because I remember some analyst suggesting 3000 a year and while not giving a specific answer GM said their target is higher. I'd speculate sales are maybe 1/10th what they forecasted so far if you assume a 4000 target. What's more there are 200 on cars.com as either on lots or ordered. That is a 7 month supply covering GM until August, again assuming Jan sales of 30 and trending that forward. We'll know more shortly after monthly actuals are released. That said, can't see them dropping the price any time soon if at all but I hope i'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    At least one! (if you count a lease)

I know of at least three other people who have an ELR, so I guess that's at least four.
    It must be great to know so many rich people

I only know one personally. The other two are on GM-Volt.com (although they may post here too..not sure).

Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I think there's a entire different twist on the ELR. GM is using it to help reduce there fleets mpg average as in 2025 the government mandates an avg of over 50 mpg. Therefore Cadillac really doesn't care how many they sell. If you want one of these cars, best to wait for a used one as the prices are going to fall for used ones like a lead balloon.

BoughtTheXLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rarcaddy View Post
    I think there's a entire different twist on the ELR. GM is using it to help reduce there fleets mpg average as in 2025 the government mandates an avg of over 50 mpg. Therefore Cadillac really doesn't care how many they sell. If you want one of these cars, best to wait for a used one as the prices are going to fall for used ones like a lead balloon.
    Corporate Average Fuel Economy is a sales-weighted average, so the ELR will only affect the numbers quite a few places to the right of the decimal point...

In many ways, it's not at all clear just what GM and Cadillac are trying to accomplish with the ELR. Much of the original reasoning seemed to be that it would bring in more revenue to offset the Voltec development costs, but that's either no longer the objective or it's a fanciful dream at the announced price point. I'm starting to think the hoped-for 3000 a year isn't looking promising either. Keep in mind that the XLR (which was much more of a halo car than the ELR) only did a little over 4000/year for the first 3 years, after which it dropped to 1500+ a year until they killed it. Its early reviewers' reaction to a $75-80k price tag was not as overwhelmingly negative as the response to the ELR's price.

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The SLS Hotel here in LA had one parked out front at valet last weekend.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

41 sales for Jan. Yeesh.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one. I have to believe that people who buy them are so rich that writing a check for $85k is like me writing a check to pay for the dinner bill.

I didn't write a check for $85k to get mine; I leased it. Because of all the incentives offered on January 31st (out of desperation?), my monthly payment is equivalent to leasing a $60k vehicle. Plus I get a free 240V home charger.

I think that is great! Can you tell us what the lease deal was? How much down? Taxes paid upfront or not? What was MSRP? I take it was a 39 month deal? I guarantee you my next car will be electric.

See the breakdown here: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....30#post1313530

Here is a different lease breakdown from another ELR owner: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....50#post1313650

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.