I've driven an ELR, and I'm very impressed...but not sold - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, I've driven an ELR, and I'm very impressed...but not sold in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy Blast stick to you're volt, we don't need you're sparks. Have you ever owned a ...
    Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: I've driven an ELR, and I'm very impressed...but not sold

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy View Post
    Blast stick to you're volt, we don't need you're sparks. Have you ever owned a CADILLAC?
    OK, that was a fairly incoherent post, but I think I understand you meant to write, "Blastphemy, stick to your Volt. We don't need your Chevy Spark." I thought Canadians were more literate than Americans, but maybe French is your primary language and you struggle with English? If so, then I apologize for ridiculing your atrocious grammar.

Yes, my wife and I have owned two Escalades and an STS since 2004 (not all three at once, of course). All three were wonderful cars, but got terrible gas mileage. I wasn't going to test drive a Volt back in 2012, but then I heard about the Cadillac Converj and figured it'd be worth driving a Chevy Volt since the Converj was going to be based on it. Needless to say, that test drive was all it took for me to downgrade temporarily until the Converj (now called the ELR, in case you're not aware) hit dealerships. And my wife loved taking trips in my electric Volt so much that she dumped her Escalade for a Rav4 EV pure electric until something better came along from Cadillac. (Unfortunately, since Cadillac has never announced plans for a plug-in SRX or Escalade, it looks like she's going to buy a Tesla Model X in 2015 instead.)

If you're trying to convince people to buy Cadillac, acting like a tool is not the way I recommend you go about doing that, Tom. The Cadillac ELR is basically a gussied-up Volt, so I sure hope you get edumakated about your product lineup and can deal with having a Chevrolet powertrain in your precious Cadillac.

Also, note that the 100% electric Chevy Spark EV is a different model than the regular Spark, and it's a completely different car than the plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt and Cadillac ELR. But perhaps facts aren't important to you?

3.2CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS, 2013 CTS

I drove an ELR today. Stunningly beautiful inside and out. Disappointed in the power delivery. I suppose if it cost about, hmm, $60K or less, I might convince myself it was worth it. But $80K? Probably not. Now, if Cadillac does a mid-year correction and ups the available on-demand power considerably, then maybe. I will say this, though...if I could get a 100% gas-powered ELR, much lighter without the battery-pack, with the 2.0T for somewhere in the $40s, I'd be all over that. Gorgeous car!
    Tom's Caddy and EVH5150 like this.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Now this is what GM/Cadillac should be thinking or better yet should have done!!!

Just imagine this beautiful designed car with either of Gm's world engines 3.6, or 2.0 turbo, it would be instant perfection.

Why does GM miss so much opportunities or gift horse's.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2CTS View Post
    I drove an ELR today. Stunningly beautiful inside and out. Disappointed in the power delivery. I suppose if it cost about, hmm, $60K or less, I might convince myself it was worth it. But $80K? Probably not. Now, if Cadillac does a mid-year correction and ups the available on-demand power considerably, then maybe. I will say this, though...if I could get a 100% gas-powered ELR, much lighter without the battery-pack, with the 2.0T for somewhere in the $40s, I'd be all over that. Gorgeous car!

----------

Finally Cadillac has a one of a kind remarkable design much like my CTS coupe and they F--k it up by not offering real engine choices!

Sorry for the rant, but who the hell wants such a beautiful car with a 1.4L pea shooter of an engine.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    Sorry for the rant, but who the hell wants such a beautiful car with a 1.4L pea shooter of an engine.
    The 1.4L engine is not the main source of propulsion for the car; for the most part, it just replenishes the battery. The electric motor is why drives the car, achieving 207 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. In pure electric mode, that allows it to accelerate from 0-60 in just under 9 seconds; in range extended mode (where the 1.4L engine is running), the ELR can accelerate from 0-60 in about 7.8 seconds. And since there's no shifting, the linear acceleration allows for the ELR to jump off the line faster than some V6 cars (but the V6 car will eventually catch and overtake the ELR, especially when measuring the 1/4 mile).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.