Test Drove ELR today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Test Drove ELR today in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Rarcaddy A dealer I spoke to today said some dealers are getting up to $5K premium over ...
    kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarcaddy
    A dealer I spoke to today said some dealers are getting up to $5K premium over sticker which I find very hard to believe.
    That's so funny how they lie to sell a car,
    Next sentence would be
    But I will sell you one for sticker !!!
    remnokc likes this.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: Test Drove ELR today

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    the ELR has a motorized cover for the cup holder but they are not heated and cooled.
    I'm not making this stuff up, wookie. I guess you didn't have a chance to play with that feature when you test drove the car, but I sure did.

If you want a third-party reference to that feature, here's an article that mentions it towards the end (under "comparisons"):

http://insideevs.com/cadillac-elr-0-...nge-plus-spec/

...and this article that mentions them in paragraph 5:

http://www.plugincars.com/cadillac-E...st-128393.html

Perhaps you didn't realize that was a feature because there's no mention of it in the owner's manual, if you can believe it. The salesman and I had a dickens of a time figuring out how the damned thing worked.

BTW, even the frickin' glove box is powered, yet Cadillac couldn't sacrifice 0.0001% of charge or range to also include powered mirrors? Mind you, the mechanism to adjust the mirrors are powered, but there's no motor to close/open the mirrors like in other ~$80k cars. So don't pretend there's some huge amount of weight and watts that would have been sacrificed to add this simple feature.

This is just an example of my problem with the ELR: it adds "luxury" items that are superfluous, but leaves out some standard luxury features that many find useful. For example, where are the cooled front seats? Where is the head's-up display? It's like giving a car upgraded struts and shocks, but not giving it the acceleration and performance to utilize them. Oh, wait...Cadillac did that to the ELR too!

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    I'm not making this stuff up, wookie. I guess you didn't have a chance to play with that feature when you test drove the car, but I sure did.

If you want a third-party reference to that feature, here's an article that mentions it towards the end (under "comparisons"):

http://insideevs.com/cadillac-elr-0-...nge-plus-spec/

...and this article that mentions them in paragraph 5:

http://www.plugincars.com/cadillac-E...st-128393.html

Perhaps you didn't realize that was a feature because there's no mention of it in the owner's manual, if you can believe it. The salesman and I had a dickens of a time figuring out how the damned thing worked.

BTW, even the frickin' glove box is powered, yet Cadillac couldn't sacrifice 0.0001% of charge or range to also include powered mirrors? Mind you, the mechanism to adjust the mirrors are powered, but there's no motor to close/open the mirrors like in other ~$80k cars. So don't pretend there's some huge amount of weight and watts that would have been sacrificed to add this simple feature.

This is just an example of my problem with the ELR: it adds "luxury" items that are superfluous, but leaves out some standard luxury features that many find useful. For example, where are the cooled front seats? Where is the head's-up display? It's like giving a car upgraded struts and shocks, but not giving it the acceleration and performance to utilize them. Oh, wait...Cadillac did that to the ELR too!
    as i've said before Cadillac hasn't added folding mirrors to any car in 4 years, i was just offering a possible explanation, cadillac has all kinds of weird things they do, but then again so do all manufacturers, i asked cadillac why the ATS didn't have the capless fueling six months after they debuted that feature in the XTS they told me because the traditional cap and associated filler tube was lighter, yet they put that in the ATS Coupe... go figure....and i may have been fooled by the cup holders....Escalade had them (now deleted due to some issue) and they have a metal bottom, new CTS had the metal bottom too, so it was though it has them but it does not, so i may have concluded same motorized cover as CTS therefore same cupholders, and i even looked up the interior specs and no mention of it....at my next opportunity to check one out i'll look for them, where is the switch to turn them on?

3.2CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS, 2013 CTS

I test-drove an ELR today. Beautifully designed, inside and out! But basically a Volt powertrain for $80K...??? : ( IMO, this car needs a mid-year correction with more power available. OK, now I realize you give up brute force to get the other advantages of electric power, this car still needs a boost, because that 1.4L engine struggled quite a bit late in the test-drive when the battery ran down (I was one of several test-drivers today). (Alternatively, if it were offered in a 100% gas-powered version...with, say, the Caddy 2.0T for $40-something K, I may well have left the dealer with one today!). In any case, awesome looks, but they need to power this baby up!
    EVH5150 likes this.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Totally agree!

Even at $60,000,00 + thousand I'd sell my soul for this beauty if it had some real engine choices.

Why couldn't Caddy have had three option's (trim lines) such as; ELR, ELR 2.0T, and finally ELR 3.6L. I know I'm a genius, hire me Cadillac.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2CTS View Post
    I test-drove an ELR today. Beautifully designed, inside and out! But basically a Volt powertrain for $80K...??? : ( IMO, this car needs a mid-year correction with more power available. OK, now I realize you give up brute force to get the other advantages of electric power, this car still needs a boost, because that 1.4L engine struggled quite a bit late in the test-drive. (Alternatively, if it were offered in a 100% gas-powered version...with, say, the Caddy 2.0T for $40-something K, I may well have left the dealer with one today!). In any case, awesome looks, but they need to power this baby up!

----------

The ELR will now stand for; Exquisite Luxury Revolutionized!!!

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    new CTS had the metal bottom too, so it was though it has them but it does not, so i may have concluded same motorized cover as CTS therefore same cupholders, and i even looked up the interior specs and no mention of it....at my next opportunity to check one out i'll look for them, where is the switch to turn them on?
    The switch to turn on the cup holders was in the salesperson's imagination, it turns out. (He told me the cup holders would automatically sustain the temperature of the cup/thermos placed in the cup holders if you enable the feature in C.U.E., but whatever he "turned on" in C.U.E. didn't do what he thought. I didn't stick around long enough to see if the feature actually worked, so my bad for believing him.)

I went to a different dealership that had a fully-loaded ELR, and the fleet manager told me the cup holders were not cooled/heated, just like the CTS. Nor is it an option that the dealership can add from the factory, like the CD player is. (The CD player does not come with any package; it has to be ordered separately with its own code, and can only be installed at the factory, not at the dealership.)

I called 1-855-4CAD-ELR to confirm the above, and was given the same corroborating information.

So big fail on me (and the two reviewers who also mentioned heated/cooled cup holders). Sorry!

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    The switch to turn on the cup holders was in the salesperson's imagination, it turns out. (He told me the cup holders would automatically sustain the temperature of the cup/thermos placed in the cup holders if you enable the feature in C.U.E., but whatever he "turned on" in C.U.E. didn't do what he thought. I didn't stick around long enough to see if the feature actually worked, so my bad for believing him.)

I went to a different dealership that had a fully-loaded ELR, and the fleet manager told me the cup holders were not cooled/heated, just like the CTS. Nor is it an option that the dealership can add from the factory, like the CD player is. (The CD player does not come with any package; it has to be ordered separately with its own code, and can only be installed at the factory, not at the dealership.)

I called 1-855-4CAD-ELR to confirm the above, and was given the same corroborating information.

So big fail on me (and the two reviewers who also mentioned heated/cooled cup holders). Sorry!
    No Worries, like i said Cadillacs switch to metal bottomed cup holders fooled a lot of people, you're salesman included... i was just surprised ther was no mention of them in the vehicle specs when i looked for them...i guess we now know why they weren't mentioned

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.