Any juicy details on the Saks version? - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Any juicy details on the Saks version? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by gmlr The image of this car is that it is overpriced. It will be a hard sell, ...
  1. #31
    DG2's Avatar
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by gmlr
    The image of this car is that it is overpriced. It will be a hard sell, if priced right it might be a success. The C7 is car of the year and can be had for less than a base ELR. You could buy a C7 and have image with panache and fuel for 5 years for less than a ELR.
    It is so strange why GM " underpriced " the new Stingray and overpriced ELR. The C7 is undoubtedly the most exciting car in the world right now and they could have had a starting price of $74k and the press would have still concurred that it's the greatest bargin in automotive history. Target customer is completely different fir Stingray vs ELR ( Tesla).

  2. #32
    gmlr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    The target customer is anyone who wants a ELR. A Tesla S is a full size car that seats real people and can be had for around the same price as a ELR and the C7 starts lower than both with a ATP around 65K. The ATP on a ELR has to be much lower to be of any value to GM. If GM priced the Chevy SS at 77K instead of 47K they would sell a couple hundred every quarter, at 47K they will sell a few thousand every quarter(three to four thousand at least). I wanted a ELR but at this price why not get the C7 or Tesla S. This car is priced to sell at the two to four hundred rate per month.

  3. #33
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,146
    At the price of the ELR, you could get a C7 and Prius. So you tree huggers and you racers can have your cake and eat it too.

  4. #34
    kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    tulsa/ok
    Age
    32
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by gmlr
    The target customer is anyone who wants a ELR. A Tesla S is a full size car that seats real people and can be had for around the same price as a ELR and the C7 starts lower than both with a ATP around 65K. The ATP on a ELR has to be much lower to be of any value to GM. If GM priced the Chevy SS at 77K instead of 47K they would sell a couple hundred every quarter, at 47K they will sell a few thousand every quarter(three to four thousand at least). I wanted a ELR but at this price why not get the C7 or Tesla S. This car is priced to sell at the two to four hundred rate per month.
    Wow
    You are way too optimistic !!!
    200-400
    I'm thinking maybe 50-75 cars per month after first month that it's on sale.

    My Tulsa dealer said;(sells 45-60 new cars a month )
    They would be lucky if they can sell 1 every other month !!

  5. #35
    Nomas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS luxury
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Posts
    176

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmlr View Post
    The target customer is anyone who wants a ELR. A Tesla S is a full size car that seats real people and can be had for around the same price as a ELR and the C7 starts lower than both with a ATP around 65K. The ATP on a ELR has to be much lower to be of any value to GM. If GM priced the Chevy SS at 77K instead of 47K they would sell a couple hundred every quarter, at 47K they will sell a few thousand every quarter(three to four thousand at least). I wanted a ELR but at this price why not get the C7 or Tesla S. This car is priced to sell at the two to four hundred rate per month.
    I disagree with your statement " the Tesla is a real car " . The sad fact is that Tesla relies on selling fake carbon credits to legimate manufacturers to show a profit . These companys pass the cost on to consumers of real cars .
    I predict as more info comes out on Tesla and the insane amount of resourses it takes to produce and power this monstosity,Tesla buyers will be viewed as ignoramuses who bought into a phony meme and a crappy product .

    Regardless of what we say about the ELR,it is a real car capable of easy cross counrty trips and economical stuck in taffic commutes . The Saks version ELR was designed to appeal to Saks customers who find value in paying a lot more for higher quality products . The Saks ELR isnt selling because Saks customers probably are not in the market for small cars .
    South Coast plaza has Saks and when shopping there I see " range Rovers" S Class,etc,etc,etc .

  6. #36
    FloridaMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR Saks Edition
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, Fl
    Posts
    74

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomas View Post
    ... The Saks version ELR was designed to appeal to Saks customers who find value in paying a lot more for higher quality products ...
    I hardly think so. Saks edition is a well-optioned ELR (Lux + ACC) painted "exclusively" Diamond White Tricoat. No badging, no # of # special edition designation, not even a unique vin code. Nada. Oh, purchasers got a free charger, an option quickly extended to the first 1000 ELRs (nearly half of production).

    Personally, I expect that Nieman Marcus wasn't interested, and Cadillac somehow conned frequent-partner Saks to offer a special edition car like Nieman.

    Only 100 were to be available. That went downhill quickly. Available evidence suggests strongly that only 5 were ordered through the Saks promotion, of which 1 appears to have been cancelled. In early December, Cadillac suddenly allowed dealers to order Saks editions, leading to the eventual production of a total of 39.

  7. #37
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomas
    I disagree with your statement " the Tesla is a real car " . The sad fact is that Tesla relies on selling fake carbon credits to legimate manufacturers to show a profit . These companys pass the cost on to consumers of real cars . I predict as more info comes out on Tesla and the insane amount of resourses it takes to produce and power this monstosity,Tesla buyers will be viewed as ignoramuses who bought into a phony meme and a crappy product . Regardless of what we say about the ELR,it is a real car capable of easy cross counrty trips and economical stuck in taffic commutes . The Saks version ELR was designed to appeal to Saks customers who find value in paying a lot more for higher quality products . The Saks ELR isnt selling because Saks customers probably are not in the market for small cars . South Coast plaza has Saks and when shopping there I see " range Rovers" S Class,etc,etc,etc .
    If the ELR's are selling at South Coast Plaza, you certainly can't see them with all the Teslas in the way.

  8. #38
    Nomas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS luxury
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Posts
    176

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    If the ELR's are selling at South Coast Plaza, you certainly can't see them with all the Teslas in the way.
    I should have mentioned in addition to range rovers, etc lots of Escalades are seen on the South Plaza parking lot and of course the " Valet Parking " area .

    I have not noticed a Tesla at South Coast Plaza , but its possibile the tow truck operators are quick to service Tesla owners who have fully discharged the battery pack. So in fairness I could have missed it !

    Thank you Florida Matt for more detail on the failed ELR/Saks combination . Too bad for both comapnys that the promotion wasn't well executed,or that the ELR is not popular with type Saks shoppers .
    After reading your post I can see why !

  9. #39
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomas
    I should have mentioned in addition to range rovers, etc lots of Escalades are seen on the South Plaza parking lot and of course the " Valet Parking " area . I have not noticed a Tesla at South Coast Plaza , but its possibile the tow truck operators are quick to service Tesla owners who have fully discharged the battery pack. So in fairness I could have missed it ! Thank you Florida Matt for more detail on the failed ELR/Saks combination . Too bad for both comapnys that the promotion wasn't well executed,or that the ELR is not popular with type Saks shoppers . After reading your post I can see why !

    The tow trucks at South Coast Plaza are there for the Range Rovers.
    Nomas likes this.

  10. #40
    Nomas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS luxury
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Posts
    176

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    The tow trucks at South Coast Plaza are there for the Range Rovers.
    Too funny !
    Seriously, I thought RR had improved after Ford picked up Jaguar. IIRC correctly

  11. #41
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomas
    Too funny ! Seriously, I thought RR had improved after Ford picked up Jaguar. IIRC correctly
    They probably have, still fun to poke at the Giant British Sh!t Boxes though.

  12. #42
    Blastphemy is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2018 CT6 plug-in
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    460

    Re: Any juicy details on the Saks version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomas View Post
    I disagree with your statement " the Tesla is a real car " .
    That full-price "fake" car is outselling the 40%-off ELR 2,500 to 100 every month. So it seems a lot of people would rather own a "fake" $100k car than a "real" $50k car.

  13. #43
    dagger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    86
    People buy what they want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting