Saw an ELR in the wild today....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Saw an ELR in the wild today.... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; At least I'm pretty sure it was. I live in SE Michigan so we see models long before they are ...
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    At least I'm pretty sure it was. I live in SE Michigan so we see models long before they are being sold. The 2014 CTS has been on the road for months to the point it's old news now. Same was true for the ATS and XTS before they were launched. It was driving towards me, it had the familiar new Caddy face and as it passed me it was obviously a coupe so it had to be the ELR. It didn't have any camouflage so I don't think it was a prototype a ATS or CTS coupe.

First impressions is that it was much larger than I expected especially for being based on the Volt. It was a very striking car and from the quick glance I have to say I liked it. All that said, I can't seeing paying $75K for it. As others have said, the technology can be had in much less expensive cars, and unlike the Tesla, the performance isn't quite in the same league.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I saw the one at the New York auto show it was right across from the 2014 CTS and really stole all the attention. They did a great job with ELR just need new bean counters to " redo" a price that if left at $75k is sure to kill the car quickly.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Saw an ELR in the wild today....

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    I saw the one at the New York auto show it was right across from the 2014 CTS and really stole all the attention. They did a great job with ELR just need new bean counters to " redo" a price that if left at $75k is sure to kill the car quickly.
    It would make them look really dumb to reprice them. But they could offer $15k loyalty incentives, $15k conquest incentives and $15k pedestrian incentives.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    It would make them look really dumb to reprice them. But they could offer $15k loyalty incentives, $15k conquest incentives and $15k pedestrian incentives.
    I totally disagree. Rebates cheapen the brand but remember the car has NOT hit showrooms yet and only us car buffs know the original ( inflated) price. The buying public wouldn't know that the car was going to be 12-15 k higher. If something in business is set up to fail and the company had the power to fix prior then GM should fix it before roll out. Nobody is buying ELR for $75,000. GM brass monitors this fourm and I hope the lightbulb goes off cause it's a fantastic hybrid

I should add that if the ELR had a different battery system then Volt, perhaps made it faster and allowed 200 miles on one charge then the ELR would he worth the $75 k price point.

Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: Saw an ELR in the wild today....

I hope that GM is monitoring our comments as I have been so excited to own this car, but like everyone is saying, not at $76K. I do have a deposit on one of the two that my local dealership will initially have so my hopes are still high that the car comes out around $65k with the tax incentive to be taken by the buyer. I love Cadillac's and I presently own an ATS which is a great car, but another $40K on top of an ATS, no way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.