Ordered my new toy today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Ordered my new toy today! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was able to sit down with the dealer and enter my order today. Not a lot of details regarding ...
    swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

Ordered my new toy today!

I was able to sit down with the dealer and enter my order today. Not a lot of details regarding timing yet, but I am really excited.

Graphite Metallic/Kona Leather

Got everything except the Adaptive Cruise...if pricing carries over from other models, it's just too much.

The electrician is scheduled to add a 220v plug in my garage for the upgraded charger sometime next month.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Ordered my new toy today!

So, any idea about the price?

Dealer doesnt even have exact pricing yet. Have heard all kinds of guesses.

Dealer didnt require a deposit, and there is no obligation to take the car if the price is crazy.

Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Ordered mine three months ago and the dealer took a $500 deposit and said I'd be first on the wait list. If they're over $65k, I'm out though. Hopefully Cadillac is smarter than to overprice them as they should know they may sell some at first, but long term sustainability would be highly questionable in my opinion.

speedbump49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe RWD

So Rarcaddy and swgyooo, are you still going through with your purchase? Let us know if the dealer discounts the $75,000 starting price.
    cheers,
    -mw

Trekkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

or if they have any idea on a residual, money factor, etc.

Rarcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump49 View Post
    So Rarcaddy and swgyooo, are you still going through with your purchase? Let us know if the dealer discounts the $75,000 starting price.
    cheers,
    -mw
    No way at that price, very sad about that as I would like to support American products but American greed always takes over. I'll keep my deposit to see what kind of lease they'll do but based on the Volt it'll be way too hong because the tax incentive is taken by the dealership but not passed on to the lessee. $67,500+ buys a lot of other high end cars and the gas savings just don't benefit the ELR.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarcaddy
    No way at that price, very sad about that as I would like to support American products but American greed always takes over. I'll keep my deposit to see what kind of lease they'll do but based on the Volt it'll be way too hong because the tax incentive is taken by the dealership but not passed on to the lessee. $67,500+ buys a lot of other high end cars and the gas savings just don't benefit the ELR.
    It's not too late for GM to correct this. I guess they looked at Tesla success and felt they can ramp up the price to that of an Escalade ! While the ELR is really really nice not even the worlds biggest Cadillac enthusiasts ( aka members on this fourm) will pony up $75k for it. It's $15,000 overpriced IMHO.

My lease is up, so I will need something, but unless the ELR lease is something spectacular, there will probably be a new '14 CTS in the garage. It stickers for over $70K, but seems easier to justify. The ELR is so beautiful, but I'm not quite sure how Cadillac is approaching these new vehicles and the pricing? The fully equipped 14 CTS is $17K more than last year. Granted, the car is a new step forward for Cadillac, but how do you justify $17K? Apparently, the same way they justify the $25K price they charge for ELR over the Volt.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by swgyoooo View Post
    Apparently, the same way they justify the $25K price they charge for ELR over the Volt.
    They (Cadillac) 'may' have been in the ballpark (had it been 25k over the Volt); the actual is 35k (and that is not considering that Chevrolet just discount the Volt's price by 5k). Now it's around 40k (Don't know what GM is thinking).

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by swgyoooo View Post
    My lease is up, so I will need something, but unless the ELR lease is something spectacular, there will probably be a new '14 CTS in the garage. It stickers for over $70K, but seems easier to justify. The ELR is so beautiful, but I'm not quite sure how Cadillac is approaching these new vehicles and the pricing? The fully equipped 14 CTS is $17K more than last year. Granted, the car is a new step forward for Cadillac, but how do you justify $17K? Apparently, the same way they justify the $25K price they charge for ELR over the Volt.
    swgyooo, if your lease is up, I would suggest going for the 2014 CTS coupe. It hasn't gotten the price hike that the sedan did, so it may make more sense, particularly since you were looking at the ELR, a coupe. Granted, it won't be the latest and greatest technology in the car, but you can buy a lot of other technology for $30K.

The CTS Coupe looks amazing from the outside, but it now looks dated inside. Also, it kills me that Caddy won't let you put 19" wheels on an AWD Coupe, but you can put them on an AWD WAGON??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.