What makes the ELR a Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, What makes the ELR a Cadillac in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I really wish Cadillac would do more and release more info on what makes the ELR not simply a Chevy ...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

What makes the ELR a Cadillac

I really wish Cadillac would do more and release more info on what makes the ELR not simply a Chevy Volt in Cadillac clothing . They need to push the differences between the Volt and the ELR more so that the general public doesn't simply just see this car as a Volt that has 2 doors instead of four like the Volt .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Re: What makes the ELR a Cadillac

I just saw the prototype ELR at a preview in Atlanta yesterday. Just one look tells you it's a Cadillac, and then you open the door and see a level of interior finish at or above Platinum level. There are numerous technical refinements and innovations on tap as well. I can't tell how well it drives yet, but the Volt drove quite well and was pretty refined to start with. The body and interior is definitely Cadillac all the way. Hopefully, the drive will be equally impressive.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi
    I really wish Cadillac would do more and release more info on what makes the ELR not simply a Chevy Volt in Cadillac clothing . They need to push the differences between the Volt and the ELR more so that the general public doesn't simply just see this car as a Volt that has 2 doors instead of four like the Volt .
    I seen it up close at NY auto show and if you never knew it shared underpinning with the volt know one would ever know. It's a really hot looking car.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Fit, finish, interior design and hand crafted appointments, gobs of standard features and several Cadillac exclusives.. What more would it take to prove that this is no Volt?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

I don't even think they're the same car, if you read gm press on it they refer to volt tech, so the running gear and technology is shared as for the rest of the car, my guess is its pretty much a Cadillac, i will see it at a private viewing Saturday night, i'll ask and give my impressions after that

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.