Volt price drop = ELR price drop?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Volt price drop = ELR price drop? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So the 2014 Volt is $5K cheaper, I'm hoping the ELR will be adjusted by $5k or more as well......
    speedbump49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe RWD

Volt price drop = ELR price drop?

So the 2014 Volt is $5K cheaper, I'm hoping the ELR will be adjusted by $5k or more as well...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Volt price drop = ELR price drop?

Hello speedbump49,

Thank you for taking interest in the ELR! I don’t have any information on the pricing of the ELR, but I will be sure to post something when I see a figure. I hope it does too though! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

As much as I would love an ELR, if it comes out at $70,000, I just can't justify it. I'm on my 3rd CTS (04', 08', 11' coupe). My hope is that it doesn't sell well and Cadillac slashes the price in a year to get rid of inventory. I'd happily lease it, for a all in lease price of $4-500/month. With all the government rebates, I wonder if that would be possible in a year or so?

BTW, drove a Tesla. It is the greatest car I've ever driven. COTY, Consumer Reports, and Government Safety Ratings were all correct. Wish I had $100k+ to buy one.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04
    As much as I would love an ELR, if it comes out at $70,000, I just can't justify it. I'm on my 3rd CTS (04', 08', 11' coupe). My hope is that it doesn't sell well and Cadillac slashes the price in a year to get rid of inventory. I'd happily lease it, for a all in lease price of $4-500/month. With all the government rebates, I wonder if that would be possible in a year or so?

BTW, drove a Tesla. It is the greatest car I've ever driven. COTY, Consumer Reports, and Government Safety Ratings were all correct. Wish I had $100k+ to buy one.

Boy I hope Cadillac ELR does not go near a $70,000 sticker !! If they can build that new world beating C7 Corvette with a stupid low starting price of $57,000 they should be able to role out this car loaded to in 50 k range. Otherwise, buying that other American made electric car makes more sense - for $70 k

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Boy I hope Cadillac ELR does not go near a $70,000 sticker !! If they can build that new world beating C7 Corvette with a stupid low starting price of $57,000 they should be able to role out this car loaded to in 50 k range. Otherwise, buying that other American made electric car makes more sense - for $70 k
    Actually, the base price for a 1LT Vette is 51,000. Believe me, I've been playing with the Build Your Own section on the Chevy website. On my radar for the next car is the ELR but I agree for 70K it just ain't happening. For 20K less I will take the Stingray which is just as beautiful as the ELR.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones

Actually, the base price for a 1LT Vette is 51,000. Believe me, I've been playing with the Build Your Own section on the Chevy website. On my radar for the next car is the ELR but I agree for 70K it just ain't happening. For 20K less I will take the Stingray which is just as beautiful as the ELR.
    I can't stop thinking about that Stingray. I have a 15 year old son so I was able to disguise my obsession by buying " him" the huge wall poster and die cast model for his room. Lol, I look at it everyday. I do think im going just keep my STS as a workhorse and get the Stingray. It's just stunning.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.