4 Cylinder Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, 4 Cylinder Cadillac in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After a meager 35 miles of electric thrills, the ELR Eldorado shifts into a 4 cylinder Cadillac . Please tell ...
    GIL73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thumbs down 4 Cylinder Cadillac

After a meager 35 miles of electric thrills, the ELR Eldorado shifts into a 4 cylinder Cadillac.
    Please tell me why I would want this car instead of the '01 Eldorado already have and love.

gilcanyon@comcast.net

in Seattle

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Re: 4 Cylinder Cadillac

You're in the wrong thread, GIL73. This forum is for the 2014 Cadillac ELR electric car, not the ancient ELR Eldorado gas guzzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    You're in the wrong thread, GIL73. This forum is for the 2014 Cadillac ELR electric car, not the ancient ELR Eldorado gas guzzler.
    you didn't say why the ELR would be even remotely an improvement over the great 2001 ancient Eldorado...?

Apparently, you have no respect for the Cadillac legacy or knowledge of the 17 city and 27 highway (at 70mph) mileage I get with a 305, 8 cylinder 32 valve Northstar engine.

Oh - you're one of those. I though you were making an honest mistake, not trolling. Apologies for responding to your uninformed nonsense. You must have missed my response to your message in the other thread you were trolling that explained how the 2014 ELR works. Here...I'll quote it for you:

You obviously don't understand how the Volt or ELR works. The 4-cylinder engine doesn't drive the wheels, it recharges the battery. Acceleration and handling don't change when the battery runs low and starts recharging from the extended range engine. The ELR's 0-60 time off the line will still beat 75% of the cars on the road, including your Eldorado. Unlike a gas engine, you have 100% torque at 0 RPM in an electric car. So a V6 might catch up with the ELR at some point (maybe), but it won't ever beat it off the line, initially. And my Volt has smoked some V8s as well, even though it's slower than the ELR will be.

Please excuse me for being "one of those" (and uninformed) while driving my (great) 2001 Eldorado.
    ..and thanks for the info on the ELR/VOLT. Nice to hear they would zip right out at the green light.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

If you like the Eldorado and don't want the ELR, then don't look at the ELR and keep driving. Simple matter.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981 View Post
    If you like the Eldorado and don't want the ELR, then don't look at the ELR and keep driving. Simple matter.
    That's the GREAT Eldorado to you!

elrguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE YET

Because you want to save the encironment, that's why you get the new ELR duh!

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That's the GREAT Eldorado to you!
    Jim. the ELR fans couldn't agree more. They just can't decide which definition of great you meant: big, bulky, colossal, enormous, excessive, fat, gigantic, huge, humongous, immense, jumbo, mammoth, oversize, terrible, titanic, vast, or voluminous.

----------

The ELR's 0-60 time off the line will still beat 75% of the cars on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by elrguy View Post
    Because you want to save the encironment, that's why you get the new ELR duh!
    If you buy an ELR to save the environment, then what's all this emphasis on it's street racing cred?

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Quote Originally Posted by GIL73 View Post
    After a meager 35 miles of electric thrills, the ELR Eldorado shifts into a 4 cylinder Cadillac.
    Please tell me why I would want this car instead of the '01 Eldorado already have and love.

gilcanyon@comcast.net

in Seattle
    If you did 35 miles a day for a year it would 12,775 miles. About what the AVERAGE person drives a year.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

no one complaining about the ATS being a 4 Cylinder Cadillac!
    I like the concept of the volt, but badge-engineering anything into a Cadillac that I really don't like.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

As much as I would love an ELR, if it comes out at $70,000, I just can't justify it. I'm on my 3rd CTS (04', 08', 11' coupe). My hope is that it doesn't sell well and Cadillac slashes the price in a year to get rid of inventory. I'd happily lease it, for a all in lease price of $4-500/month. With all the government rebates, I wonder if that would be possible in a year or so?

While I'm a big fan of this ELR and want it passionately, I'm on the same page as you, greyghost04 - $70,000 fully-loaded would be too much. However, if the car tops out at no more than $60,000 + $5,850 CA sales tax - $7,500 Federal tax credit - $2,500 CA tax rebate - $3,000 GM Card rebate, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.