Car and Driver ELR Video
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Car and Driver ELR Video in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqoTXNkXdBs Contributing Editor Csaba Csere gives an in-depth and comprehensive look at the 2014 Cadillac ELR. Interviewed are some of ...
    live2drive1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

Cool Car and Driver ELR Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqoTXNkXdBs

Contributing Editor Csaba Csere gives an in-depth and comprehensive look at the 2014 Cadillac ELR. Interviewed are some of the people responsible for the ELR: Chris Thomason - Chief Engineer, Darin Gesse - Product Manager and Tim Kozub - Exterior Design Manager.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That was the worst interview of GM designers engineers I have ever seen. The way they stumble in trying to answer the 0-60 and price questions are embarrassing ! Note to GM, get your marketing team to prep these guys next time. Geez

ELR looks great though !

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Car and Driver ELR Video

I thought it was an excellent interview. For a car about one year out from final release the answers were factual and non-committal (as they would have to be), besides C&D supplied their best guess numbers for the viewer of this video. Csaba was excellent IMO, and the GM people quite acceptable, again (IMO).

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by C&C
    I thought it was an excellent interview. For a car about one year out from final release the answers were factual and non-committal (as they would have to be), besides C&D supplied their best guess numbers for the viewer of this video. Csaba was excellent IMO, and the GM people quite acceptable, again (IMO).
    I just thought it looked like they were winging things too much with the car and didn't have enough tested. As a customer I would want to know that only one year out of a brand-new car being brought to market that they would put it through every torture test , performance test that is out there. In other words I'm looking at it that one year to release is a very very short time and that those engineer should have all the answers and been far more polished then they were.

Dobiesdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade

Hopefully we will see a more impressive 0-60 than 8 secs. For the kind of money they will be asking for this car you'd think they'd give you more performance. And not having RWD is disappointing too. Come on, it's a Cadillac!

It's a beautiful looking car... I'll give them that much.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you for posting this video, live2drive1! I'll document everyone's valuable feedback, and please don't hesitate to send me a private message anytime if you all would like me to investigate any ELR questions for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

RWD is like farting pixie dust on a plug in gas/hybrid like the ELR. Being Cadillac is being innovative, not clinging to some antiquated garbage from the past...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

JenNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thank you for sharing this video, i also got a little something for ya,
    http://www.autonachrichten.de/2013/0...tro-coupe.html
    some pictures of ELR in Genf. It's a german automotive and carmag, hope you don't mind.
    enjoy
    yours
    Jen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.