ELR Spy Pictures!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By live2drive1
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, ELR Spy Pictures! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Motortrend article with better pictures: ELR Caught in the Wild . Exciting to see it out and about. If it ...
    live2drive1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

ELR Spy Pictures!

Motortrend article with better pictures: ELR Caught in the Wild.

Exciting to see it out and about. If it looks like the concept, I will be trading in the CTS Coupe. I can't wait!
    DCLocal and DCLocal like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KenLand is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: ELR Spy Pictures!

I just hope they can wring a little more performance. The Volt in Sport Mode is actually a lot of fun, but more would be much better!
    Especially with the Tesla Model S doing a 0-60 in 4.4 sec. the electric car world is going to be a lot more competitive.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I absolutely love the looks of the ELR, but as a current V owner, they're going to have to do something significant with the performance to entice me. Tesla performance would be acceptable. ELR-V maybe?

That would be so hot! ELR-V. I'm getting a Model S Performance. The 3.9 sec 0-60 for pennies on the dollar vs. any comparable gas rocket is incredible. But the Achilles heel of the Tesla is its lack of range extender. Just read the Model S forums itself. So much range anxiety. They don't always realize that's what it is, but there is almost universal anxiety about range. (will I be able to make my x to y trip? What if I drive 70-80 instead of 55? ect ect...)

We never give this a single thought in out Volt. An ELR-V would ROCK!
    ELR - No Gas and No Worries....

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

With Volt gaining sales momentum and more automakers offering (or getting ready to offer) plug-in and plug- in hybrids, I think the ELR will be aunching at the perfect time. The spy shots look great -- big rims, low profile tires, CUE, and an XTS inspired gauge screen. Can't wait to see more shots.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by KenLand View Post
    ELR - No Gas and No Worries....
    The ELR will have a gas-powered range extender just like the Volt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
    The ELR will have a gas-powered range extender just like the Volt.
    Ah - sort of a play on words. With a pure battery only EV you get No Gas and Worries. ( because you can run out of charge and either not have access to a charger or not have time to wait for the charge. It's called Range Anxiety )
    With a range extended vehicle like the Volt or ELR you have No Gas and No Worries. No Gas because you can run it on electricity. No Worries because you *can* run it on gas if needed. In other words the gas can be used as your security blanket.
    I have a Volt.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by KenLand View Post
    Ah - sort of a play on words. With a pure battery only EV you get No Gas and Worries. ( because you can run out of charge and either not have access to a charger or not have time to wait for the charge. It's called Range Anxiety )
    With a range extended vehicle like the Volt or ELR you have No Gas and No Worries. No Gas because you can run it on electricity. No Worries because you *can* run it on gas if needed. In other words the gas can be used as your security blanket.
    I have a Volt.
    This will be one sharp Vehicle. If it was a 4 Door I would be all over it. Volt is a decent looking vehicle but the ELR is quite sharp.

Oliver_M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 XTS, '07 XLR-V, '11 CTS-V Coupe, '11 Escalade Platinum
    Meh. I typically like to hear the rumble of a V8 in a Cadillac, so not for me. But I agree that this may be an important vehicle for Cadillac.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Personally I cant wait. I think it positions Cadillac as bold and forward thinking. The timing couldn't be better -- BMW will be launching the i-series of electric cars plus Lexus and Audi are pushing hard on e-platforms. I'm a performance guy (V's all the way) but see the value in the brand being in this space.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.