how can i use my music device?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, how can i use my music device? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i have a 2008 escalade and i cant figure out how to play music from my ipod or any other ...
    laidback72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

how can i use my music device?

i have a 2008 escalade and i cant figure out how to play music from my ipod or any other aux port device. i dont have the usb in my armrest compartment. the only aux ports i see are in the rear entertainment console. do i play my music from there some how?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: how can i use my music device?

Sorry to hear that, laidback72! Have you been able to troubleshoot from your owners manual yet? When I checked the 2008 Escalade and ESV owners manual, page 3-24 reads, "Your vehicle has one accessory power outlet inside the floor console storage bin, one on the back of the floor console, and one power outlet in the rear cargo area on the passenger side. To use an accessory power outlet, remove the protective cap." Are you able to locate the accessory power outlet inside your floor console storage bin?

If you're looking to listen to the iPod through your Rear Seat Audio, then the directions on page 3-105 of your owners manual and page 3-23 of your navigation manual should be very helpful!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

laidback72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

thanks kate..... i will try the manual again i'm sure it's something i didnt do right...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

this thread probably needs to get moved to the escalade forum ... the ELR is a future vehicle coming out next year (?)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    This ghai has an ELR??? Shweet!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yes, an escalade elr
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    This is in the wrong forum section .

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wut.

Verio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you have a cable that connects to the ipod and to the rear seat radio jack.
    the manual say's to use the aux button in the front touch screen but I don't see one anywhere.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by Verio
    Do you have a cable that connects to the ipod and to the rear seat radio jack.
    the manual say's to use the aux button in the front touch screen but I don't see one anywhere.
    I may be wrong here... But when I had my 2007 escalade..... I had the rear A/V composite auxiliary input jacks (located to the rear of the armrest where the rear seat heater switch and temperature controls were). I was told by the dealer that I had these jacks and the AUX option on the NAV screen because I had the optional overhead DVD player. If you don't have the overhead DVD system I doubt you will have the rear Composite AUX inputs.

If you have the Overhead DVD and rear AUX inputs.. Just one trip to the apple store to purchase an iPhone to composite A/V cable is all you need. You can also watch movies but the video will shut off once you drive unless you have a NAV bypass module. The apple cable has a USB on it as well to plug into your 12v USB charger stub.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.