Benefits over the Volt? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Benefits over the Volt? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i thought i had made that clear, but thanks for reiterating it ... i've run up against a few who ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Benefits over the Volt?

i thought i had made that clear, but thanks for reiterating it ... i've run up against a few who seem to lose reading comprehension whenever 'made in china' topics arise
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    LED DRLs would work nicely though

another pro for LED is the low power consumption
    I did this in my DTS purely for looks and not to save gas but it was an easy swap once I did the math to figure out how to do it.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Speed1 View Post
    Don't hold your breath, they're right around the corner for the EV world. They've come along way with high powered (lumen) LED's of late. I've already heard the latest developmental ev cars are incorporating them as we speak. The problem is that these high powered LED's are MORE expensive than that of HID (you got that one twisted around but that's OK). Yes the 1-3w LED's are cheap (no lumens for this app) but that's not a part of this game, we're talking 20-25w LED's.

My Volt is 100% LED equipped minus the 35w HID heads. All of my LED's are brighter than the filament replacements x2 with less than half the power consumption. No eBay junk LED's are used, my best source-> v-leds.com ...expect to see LED heads around a years time! (words from the owner!)
    I definitely agree with this to some extent. I upgraded the entire interior and some of the exterior of my 95 Deville to LEDs and it has made one heck of a difference. I would never even think about reading with the incandescent bulbs that used to be in there. Now I can actually see inside the car at night. I've even seen someone de-solder the incandescent bulbs and solder in LED replacements in button and display lighting circuits. The difference was worth the effort.

But the problem you have with LEDs is not the brightness but how they distribute their light output. The main difference between say a turn signal or interior bulb and a headlight is that the turn signal just has to be seen. A headlight has to be seen AND light up the road, signs, people etc. LEDs don't do this well yet. I do believe that headlight manufacturers should start looking at flashlight companies like mag light to get ideas for reflector housings. My 6 D cell maglite has only 1 LED in it, but it lights up better than my old incandescent one ever did. I can just imagine how bright it would be having 4 of those LEDs in one housing.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Go on the Internet and search for the Article titled making the Volt a Cadillac ! It talks about how there will be slight changes to the Voltec drivetrain to make the ELR more fun to drive . It also talks about keeping weight down and how they are planning to improve the interior so it is up to Cadillac standards .

Verio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When I first interviewed at volt, my recruiter told me that most recruiters make about 1 - 2k a month in commission. I however did not even come close to that quota. I made about $50/month in commission.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Why would you call the Volt a flop? It is the best selling electric-hybrid bar none.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Quote Originally Posted by Verio View Post
    When I first interviewed at volt...
    What are you talking about? Do you mean when you interviewed at Chevrolet? There could be a reason for your low commission!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.