Cadillac ELR Pricing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Cadillac ELR Pricing in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; An unidentified source close to the Cadillac ELR project revealed the starting price of this vehicle will be in the ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac ELR Pricing

An unidentified source close to the Cadillac ELR project revealed the starting price of this vehicle will be in the ballpark of $49,900 - with options bringing it up to $57,900. So far, most guesses have been in the mid $50,000 range. Also mentioned was the intention to keep the price below the Tesla Model S vehicle...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Cadillac ELR Pricing

I probably wouldn't want an electric-only car like the Tesla. I want the flexibility to go anywhere do anything without "range anxiety".

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

$10 grand more than the Volt seems like a no brainer.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

if it got RWD...and great handling..
    that car will be a great toy..for rich people...
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Top_Speed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Black CTS - '12 Black Volt

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    if it got RWD...and great handling..
    that car will be a great toy..for rich people...
    I think the 'general public' feels any Cadillac is....... for rich people.

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Speed1 View Post
    I don't know if that is true, but that should be Cadillac's goal.

I guess we will find out pricing soon, but the much expected premium of $10k for the volt seems steep to me. It will have to be significantly better than the Volt for 25% more money. To me a $5-7k premium seems more inline with what you are getting. However, with GM claiming it is supposed to be "limited edition" they are obviously trying to angle for a better price.

----------

I don't know if that is true, but that should be Cadillac's goal.

I guess we will find out pricing soon, but the much expected premium of $10k for the volt seems steep to me. It will have to be significantly better than the Volt for 25% more money. To me a $5-7k premium seems more inline with what you are getting. However, with GM claiming it is supposed to be "limited edition" they are obviously trying to angle for a better price.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi everyone! I checked my GM resources for updates today, and unfortunately I don't have any access to pricing for the 2014 ELR as of yet. Please feel free to send me a direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) whenever you would like me to double check for new details.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

live2drive1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

Katie, has anything been decided on exterior colors? An ELR in a cool blue would be great!

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

A video produced by Car and Driver with the ELR development leads stated the pricing was expected to be between $60-75k. I sure hope that isn't true. I currently own 2 Cadillacs (08 CTS and 09 SRX) and have been patiently waiting for the ELR. I would be willing to pay in the $55k range for a full loaded model, but not $75k. That price is extreme for a compact car (Chevy Cruze chassis).

The ELR is as good looking on the outside as I had hoped (very similar to the Converj Concept), and the interior is incredible, but it would be extremely difficult for me to justify to myself or my wife why I am buying a compact electric car when I could get a fully loaded 14 CTS with quite a bit more room and at least $10-15k left over for gas. Part of the value proposition was the gas savings (I currently spend around $150/month in gas commuting to work).

I would be interested in buying an ELR with a conventional powertrain (the 2.0L from the Buick Verano) for $35-40k.[COLOR="Silver"]

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Don't forget the $7,500 let's give the house away, rebate.

TNphoon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS Coupe - Performance Pkg / '92 GMC Typhoon

$60k-$75k BEFORE "tax incentives"? PLEASE. Like mentioned above, I'd be willing to trade my CTS Coupe for it if it lands in the $55k-$65k range, but $60k base is stupid.

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

I personally dont believe the $60-75K rumors...I can't see Cadillac pricing this car higher than the Tesla, espcially considering the California market they are trying to break into. I realize they are saying the car is going to be produced in very small numbers, but $50-57K would be awesome.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by live2drive1 View Post
    Katie, has anything been decided on exterior colors? An ELR in a cool blue would be great!
    Unfortunately, live2drive, no information has become available to me yet regarding ELR's exterior colors. Please do send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com whenever you would like me to check my sources for updates, however! In the meantime, http://www.cadillac.com/elr-electric-car.html allows you to sign up for a newsletter with all the latest information as well!

I double checked my resources today just to see if any new pricing news came in, and I see that pricing will be announced closer to the on sale date.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thunder0938 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS wagon 3.6

I think you are right, I have a CTS Wagon, great car but I feel the people looking at me like I am rich..and i hear it at work. the funny thing is that the people that are judging are doing so from a 50 grand PLUS pickup!!

Blastphemy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

A rich person wouldn't be duped into paying $80,000 for this car. (That's how he/she got rich in the first place!)

I sure hope the aforementioned Car & Driver estimate is wrong. I can buy an Infiniti M35h for around $65,000 and it's bigger, fits 5 people, does 0-60 in 6 seconds, has a larger trunk, can get 28 mpg, and has all the bells & whistles of the ELR minus the C.U.E. system. So why would I spend $15,000 more for the ELR just for the C.U.E. system and 35 electric miles? Heck, the 85 kWh Tesla Model S is $79,900 and that's 0-60 in less than 5 and is all electric.

My 2012 Volt was $45,000 before incentives and is a very nice car. I would hope the ELR comes in around $60,000 (or - at most - $65,000 fully-loaded) because that's all it's worth if the 0-60 speed is a lethargic 8 seconds and the back seats (and trunk) are really only for show.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.