Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac ELR Pictures

24K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  GProdigy 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
i just saw this up on the cadillac Facebook earlier today....looks amazing.
i guess its the Eldorado and it wont have a 4dr option.
if that is the case, i think they may have so stop competing against themselves...because no 1 else is on their level. (and now this competes against the cts coup)
would love to hear whats under the hood...and would love to see a AWD v8 2 dr....maybe this will have that new chevy turbo v6...that would be equally if not more awesome!!!

Edit:
still awesome...but not at all what i was expecting...next time ill read more before i post..
http://media.gm.com/content/media/u...ntent/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Aug/0817_cadillac

Reactions: thebigjimsho
#9 ·
am I the only one that thinks the art/science theme they've taken isn't really *that* beautiful? It's striking, different and very futuristic, but it sort of leaves me thinking in 5-10 years, it'll look it's age. It doesn't quite have that refined and timeless look I suppose is what I'm saying.

#20 ·
I was thinking the same about it looking very dated in a few years, but I guess it all depends on how the other car brands change their looks.
I'm not sold on the grill, I think it would look better if it was body colored, I'm not a big fan of chrome on cars anymore....but I guess that just leavs room for the owhers to do mods...paint here shave there, eibachs, sway bars and overcharge the batteries to add more power,put in a half cage, gut the interior, pull the 4 cyl and the tank to save weight,....hmmmmm does spoon make lightweight wheels for this car yet?? Lol

#21 ·
They honestly need to roll this thing out asap. This is a great looking car imo. It may not generate a great deal of sales as there is a small demographic that would buy this car. But I think that it would indirectly increase sales of other cars in the Cadillac brand by upping its image. Sales of Cts-v, bmw m5 may be limited.. but arguably they give it good brand recognition. my .02c

#33 ·
I never said I DO blend in. I said I wanted to. I was hesitant to buy a Camaro for that very reason. As a result, I get cut off and tailgaited far more often than I ever did in all of my CTSs. But the Camaro is fast, handles very well for its size, gets very good fuel economy for a high performance car, and has exceptional ride quality for a high performance car. I am waiting for my finances to get in order so I can relegate the Camaro to recreational status and get a Cruze Eco as my DD. I briefly thought about the ELR's Chevy counterpart, but I don't need that kind of complication in my automotive life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.