Cadillac ELR Pictures - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ELR Forum Discussion, Cadillac ELR Pictures in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I saw you say this a couple of times now... that a lot of buyers "don't want to be noticed". ...
    kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Cadillac ELR Pictures

I saw you say this a couple of times now... that a lot of buyers "don't want to be noticed". I don't get that... When I shop for a car, I look specifically for one that catches my eye. If it doesn't have styling that stands out and grabs my attention? There's nothing really very exciting about going through the purchasing process on it, IMO.

If you really want to blend in, buy a Chevy Malibu or something ....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The ELR is a stunning design. But that accolade is also a drawback for many buyers, as they don't want to be noticed. The ATS will blend into its surroundings better. Which is what most of us want.
    concorso and concorso like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by kingtj View Post
    I saw you say this a couple of times now... that a lot of buyers "don't want to be noticed". I don't get that... When I shop for a car, I look specifically for one that catches my eye. If it doesn't have styling that stands out and grabs my attention? There's nothing really very exciting about going through the purchasing process on it, IMO.

If you really want to blend in, buy a Chevy Malibu or something ....
    I dont buy vehicles to stimulate other peoples senses, but I most definitely buy a car that stimulates my own senses. I like blending in, but If the car I like also draws attention because it looks great, then so be it. Im a little surprised Jimmy said this, too, as he owns a Camaro. The Camaro is a huge seller, and its certainly not a subtle car in any way.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I never said I DO blend in. I said I wanted to. I was hesitant to buy a Camaro for that very reason. As a result, I get cut off and tailgaited far more often than I ever did in all of my CTSs. But the Camaro is fast, handles very well for its size, gets very good fuel economy for a high performance car, and has exceptional ride quality for a high performance car. I am waiting for my finances to get in order so I can relegate the Camaro to recreational status and get a Cruze Eco as my DD. I briefly thought about the ELR's Chevy counterpart, but I don't need that kind of complication in my automotive life.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Basically, Jimmeh bought a 2 door V1 to replace his 4 door V1...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Either way, GM is probably hoping to build on the slow and steady progress it has made with the Volt. What remains unclear, however, is whether consumers will flock to what is essentially a luxury-branded version of the plug-in hybrid. Of course, depending on how much the ELR prices in at, maybe dropping a few extra coins on an EV Caddy will actually make sense to consumers who remain reluctant to spend $40,000 on a Chevy Volt.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Basically, Jimmeh bought a 2 door V1 to replace his 4 door V1...
    That's not an inaccurate assessment. Give the SS two more doors, that magical steering, and a real clutch, and it's basically a V1.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The weight, power and acceleration numbers are all really close...

----------

Oh, and they will not be able to make enough ELRs...

i sure hope so... that way they can continue making escalades and V-series cars
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Put a blown Corvette under the hood, make it rear-wheel drive, put in an 8-speed, dual clutch tranny, and some bitchin' tires -WOW! Otherwise, back to to the drawing board.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

RippyPartsDept likes this.

elrguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE YET

At first I thought you meant blown as in damaged, but then realized you meant 'blown' and now I think it's a great idea!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I just read a article and the editor said that the ELR is the best looking car pre $200k. He said when people see it in person they're jaw will drop he said its that gorgeous. I would want one but I wish it was AWD!

Why would you want awd? Between my pilot, cts4 and enclave, I have determined awd is a waste of money and mass. I am never buying another awd vehicle.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Not at all! After driving my sisters Lexus and my Gfs Infiniti last winter I can see why I buy AWD cars. Those were the worse I have ever driven in the snow. It was down right scary! My drive my buddies bmw 335 x drive and that little thing was a complete beast in the snow, better than my escalade and f350

snow/winter driving a RWD car has a lot to do with your tires
    even the best driver in the world won't be able to handle a RWD car in those kind of conditions without winter tires
    once you have the correct tires then it does then come down to driving skill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.