Get a new DTS - your advice?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Get a new DTS - your advice? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am considering whether to get a 2007 DTS to replace my 2003 DHS. The DHS is the absolutely most ...
    hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Question Get a new DTS - your advice?

I am considering whether to get a 2007 DTS to replace my 2003 DHS.

The DHS is the absolutely most comfortable car I have ever owned, but the "free" maintenance is up in April and I must admit, I have had my share of electrical and electronic problems. Mechanically, no problem though. But I don't want to see the cash I've saved for a new car disappear on maintenance and repairs of the old one.

So, for those of you who have been in my position, I would like some advice. Stay with the DHS, get a DTS Lux III, or wait till 2008?

My DHS is fully loaded except for the sunroof. What do I stand to lose in the way of comfort, handling, and features? What do I stand to gain? What reasons would I have to regret getting the new DTS?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: Get a new DTS - your advice?

Haz,

I was in your position last June, and took the plunge. There are a couple features my 2003 DHS had my 2006 DTS III doesn't (those rear side sun shades come to mind), but overall I have to say the 2006 is the better car. It seems to me to have a lot more power, and I think it's quieter. The only problem I've had so far is the tire pressure monitoring system. It likes to freak out on a semi-regular basis. Not that there's anything actually wrong with the the tires, it just thinks there is. I think this last trip to the dealer has cured it of its delusions, though.

Overall I'm very pleased with my 2006 and not sorry I gave up the 2003. I don't suspect you'll be, either.

Happy motoring!
    Craig

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The interior is less warm and inviting but much more modern. The updated electronics will make a difference.

lbwd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD

Switch to the DTS.
    There's more power and it looks really slick!
    What color are you getting?

Diamond White, Black, Tan, and Red are my favorites!

Johnny Bravo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

As cars get on in years they can start to nickle and dime you, not that a 2003is that old mind you.
    It you feel it's time to move on by all means go ahead, I doubt there any big changes in store for 2008. I think you'll notice a more hushed and comfortable ride, plus sharper styling, (at least from the rear view ).

However, unless there are certain options you just can't live without, the DTS I is the better buy. Levels II and III add unnecessary expense and complexity in my opinion, (more stuff to break down).

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

I recommend the Performance Level. A big car can handle better than you think.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

THe DTS is a great car. The new DTS-L is pretty cool looking too. Just a little streached.

If you need help give me a call I have 56 in stock DTS

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

BTS I have 2006 performance cars and I am blowing them out dirt cheap..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.