Tuscany Leather
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Tuscany Leather in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am looking to get an '07 DTS, and I'm confused on difference between the nuance leather and the tuscany. ...
    wenmdw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Neiman Marcus XlR,'07 DTS performace pKG,07 Escalade EXT

Tuscany Leather

I am looking to get an '07 DTS, and I'm confused on difference between the nuance leather and the tuscany. Can anyone tell me the difference in them? Texture, feel, etc.
    Thank you,
    Wayne

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lanzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T - looking at XTS Premium

Re: Tuscany Leather

I have the Tuscany leather in my 2006 DTS Performance. It feels thicker than the Nuance leather, but I don't think it is sufficiently different to warrant the extra cash. I think the Nuance leather feels softer, and smells better -

The single best thing about the Tuscany leather is the embroidered Cadillac logo - the Nuance leather has it embossed, but it looks better embroidered in the Tuscany leather.

JoJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS STS 2006

I have the Tuscany Leather, It is softer than the Nuance Leather, BUT!
    Paying extra for the Tuscany doesnt mean your getting your monies worth!
    I noticed that in between the Console and both front seats instead of using Leather or vinyl in this area they used cloth! Why did Cadillac do this! Before you get the Tuscany, Double check that the Nuance has Leather or Vinyl between the console and bothe sides of the front seat. Mine is startting to get dirty and yet Im a fanatatic when keeping a car clean! The cloth is right next to the cup holders and spillage onto the cloth will soon happen! To me its not worth the extra dollars for this reason! Also I see that this leather although softer, in the seating areas is beginning to wear a lot faster than the nuance!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The biggest issue is wear and tear. I suspect the thicker hides will be less susceptible to rips, fading, or cracking.

However, if you don't intend to keep your car for more than five years, it doesn't matter.

bhoppes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

Heres the thing that matters the most.....Which one smells better?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

All DTS models have the fabric between the seat leather and center console. This prevents the squeak/chafe noise that '05 and prior Devilles had when moving the power seat, and every single one of our customers complained about (the noise was caused by the leather squeaking on the center console between the seats).

Cadillac offers 3 grades of leather in DTS:

Nuance leather is Cadillac's name for Pigment Dyed Leather, which has a clear topcoat to mask imperfections, as well as provide more resistance to wear and discoloration. The color is applied to base crusts of differing color and the dye is not all the way through, therefore over time wear marks will result in the darker color showing through in the creases.

Tuscany Leather is Semi-Aniline, which is dyed for color with a smaller amount of topcoat applied, which allows the leather to feel softer and show more natural grain, while still providing color uniformity and some protection against wear.

Tehama Leather is Pure Aniline, which is dyed wit no pigment or topcoat. This will have belly wrinkles and scars, and will develop a "patina" over time, like a worn-in bomber jacket.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.