Dts Mpg Help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Dts Mpg Help! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Got a new 06 DTS in late Sept. Started out with 16-17 MPG, lately it's 13 to 14. Same type ...
    2006DTSDRIVER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Exclamation Dts Mpg Help!

Got a new 06 DTS in late Sept. Started out with 16-17 MPG, lately it's 13 to 14. Same type of driving. Any explanation...on the blog I keep reading about people complaining about getting 21MPG! And I'm driving calmly, no leadfoot here.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bigbill5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06, performance

Re: Dts Mpg Help!

We have the performance model and by the car computer MPG we are getting about 16 with carefull driving. I'm going to check it against the actual miles driven just to check the computer. I know the Performance model has a lower final drive ratio which helps with the pick up but I have to say we are a little disapointed also. Our Q45, V8 also, was always around 20MPG and that was not babying it! Well it is what it is, still like the car.

Checked it against the trip computer, It's getting about 19 MPG

Lanzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T - looking at XTS Premium

I get about 17 in a mix of city and suburban driving. I was surprised it was not higher - my Infiniti M45 with the 4.5 V8 got about 19, and it too had a short final drive ratio.

B8TZM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I regularly get 19 city 27 highway using 87 (non ethanol)

bhoppes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

I tell you what helped my MPG and that was to put more air in the tires. I think the tag on the door recommends 32 or something like that and I ended up putting like 37 or 38 in my tires. If you don't want to go that extreme then try 35. I can tell a small difference in the ride but my MPG ratings are definetly better.

pjblush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Luxury III

We have a 2006 DTS III. Our mileage is terrible. The most we get is 18.8 per gal. I've had it back to the dealership twice without much help. We have been driving Cadillacs for over 20 years and have never had one like this. If anyone gets an answer, please let us know.

I have an 06 performance model and I'm averaging 16.5 MPG mixed driving I realize the performance model has a lower final drive ratio to give it more pep but I thought I wpold get 20 MPH but that's not going to happen. Anyone remember what the EPA sticker mileage was supposed to be?

The EPA mileage sticker on our 2006 III was 17 mpg to 25 mpg. So far, anything over 18.8 is wishful thinking.

JoJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS STS 2006

Quote Originally Posted by pjblush View Post
    The EPA mileage sticker on our 2006 III was 17 mpg to 25 mpg. So far, anything over 18.8 is wishful thinking.
    My 2006 DTS bought in NOV of 05 AVG's about 22-23 HWY bout 14-15 Local

cubldr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II

I drive in town, where there are traffic lights or stop signs every few blocks but not an unreasonable amount of idle time at each. I checked yesterday and was 100 miles into a full tank of 87 octane and the gauge said 18.1 average MPG. I have been routinely getting 16-17 in town and my Continentals are at about 30PSI. 3000 miles on this standard DTS. I get 25MPG on the interstate even at 75-80MPH. As an aside, I recall one really cold day (20 degrees was the high) some years ago I was traveling about 150 miles and I got significantly lower gas mileage on that trip than I had ever seen before. I remember it was like 10MPG versus the usual 15 or so MPG, on a conventionally aspirated (not fuel injected) Ford V8 back in the late 80's. Wonder if MPG on fuel injected Northstars can be impacted by low temperatures?

We are getting the line that since the specs are 17 mi/gal to 25 mi/gal and we are getting 18.8 avg, that meets the specs. It doesn't meet hwy mileage by a long shot. I am going to call Cadillac Customer Service. Do you think they will really be of help? Has anyone ever called? If so, what is your experience? I'm not holding my breath. I sure appreciate having a message board to ask about these kinds of things.

ussyorktown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Fill up your gas tank in the early morning hours when the gasoline is cold and thus more compacted. You get more gasoline for your money than if you get it at high noon when the gas is hotter and thus more space between the molecules. (I know this is true because I read it in the press and we all know that reporters do not lie)

cubldr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II

Considering that gas is in the ground when you buy it, I would expect that the temperature stays fairly constant. My basement sure does. Or..hey...maybe you were kidding?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.