front end mask
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, front end mask in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello to all. I'm a new member and I am looking for a front end cover(bra) for my 2007 DTS. ...
    BLACK07DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question front end mask

Hello to all. I'm a new member and I am looking for a front end cover(bra) for my 2007 DTS. Can anyone help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: front end mask

Hello and

I would recommend getting a "Clear Bra" done on the car. It cost more, but will really help save the front in from rocks and chips. I'm damned glad I had my Cadi done.

http://www.clearbra.net/home2.html

xxpinballxx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville 1999, 2004

not sure I would would put a bra on one but there are masks...if you look in the appearance sub-forum there is a guy who puts these plastic masks on it where they don't move. I think a bra would wind up ruining your paint...it did ony ex-GF's honda. just the vibration and dust getting under creates basically sandpaper that is always in motion....LOL!
    I'll try and find the thread for ya...

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

I use a frontend bra on the STS for long highway trips only. It keeps road debris from damaging the paint at freeway speed. Bought mine here.

If I had an '07 like yours, I would seriously consider something like 3M's Scotchgard paint protection

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK07DTS View Post
    Hello to all. I'm a new member and I am looking for a front end cover(bra) for my 2007 DTS. Can anyone help me?
    help? sure....please post questions in the proper forum for your car. let me move this to the correct place. you'll get the most help posting in teh correct section.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

I filmed my last SRX and am considering doing it to our present DTS and CTS.

There are several makers of clear acrylic adhesive films that will do everything a bra will do and they are no UGLY like a bra. They can even do the front of the outside mirrors. In fact, I put thin strips on the door edges and covered the SRX sill plates since they were just sitting there saying scratch me. I even put a small bib under the gas filler door.

Anyway, please consider not doing the ugly route.

Also, there is a clear latex paint that can be applied to the front and left on for durations up to six months. It is available from General Chemical Corp and is called paintshield 5720. It dries with a whiteish cast but I don't care since the cars are Diamond White and White Lightning. Still wish they offered white diamond on the DTS. I put it on when we drove from FL to MI and back. Wouldn't recommend keeping in on all the time. It looks better than a bra but not as good as film.

Also, during love bug season and on trips, I soak the front end of the car with detail fluid and let it dry in place. Makes everything come off much easier.

Sometime I'll tell you about how I protect the paint on the rear bumper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.