First Caddy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, First Caddy in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Our first Caddy, so far I'm satisfied after 500mi. We traded an Infinity Q45 and I have to say that ...
    Bigbill5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06, performance

First Caddy

Our first Caddy, so far I'm satisfied after 500mi. We traded an Infinity Q45 and I have to say that so far it was the best car we have owned, we had 189000mi on it and still impressed me with it's power and ride each time I drove it ( wife's car, mine is a 05 Nissan 350Z ). So I need a little more time with the caddy before I can compare.

We looked at the new Infinity and Lexus but we didn't want to spend that much money for a car that blended with all of the other imports, you park a DTS next to one of them and you know which car will draw the looks!

The few minor things that I would of liked...

Some engine braking when letting off of the gas, it feels like coasting in neutral, you have to adjust your driving stile for this car.

It would be nice for the memory seats to return to the last driving position when you restart

We have the performance model so I guess I can't complain about gas mileage 18.5 on the DIC screen, mostly around town so far.

anyway, so far so good. 2006DTS white lighting, performance, moon roof

Bigbill5

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: First Caddy

welcome!
    got pics?

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

Welcome aboard the forums. We all love to see pictures, so whenever you can, post some of your new pride and joy! Good luck with the new car.

JRau in central Iowa

No Pics yet,but I must say what a classy car!!!

BlackDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

You can program the memory seats for each driver. The seat will remember the seating postions for each key. You just have to remember to use "your" key each time. Alternatively there are buttons that will remember 2 driving positions if you use someone else's key.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Congrats! What year Q45 did you own? Mine is a '90.

Ours was a 97, we bought it used for $18,000.00 with 50,000mi on it and just traded it for the Caddy with almost 190000mi on it! Very powerful, handled like a sportscar, the ride was the best of any car we have owned.

It was coming up for inspection, it barely made it last time, all of the dashboard warning lights were on ( traction, anti lock break, check engine ) So it was time to let her go.

We looked at the Infinity and the Lexus but we couldn't see paying more money for a car that had very little character and looked no different from the other imports. You park this caddy next to one of them and you don't even notice the other cars!

We'll see how well this one holds up with a 150,00mi on it.

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.