Cadillac Owners Forum banner

newbe impressions

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Benbj 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2006 DTS, lux 1. As background I also have a Chrysler Concord LXI, and a BMW 235i.

Impressions: The ride and the power are just what I would expect from Cadillac. The handling is better than I would expect. The gas milage is really bad in traffic, but not too bad on the road. I am currently getting just under 25 mpg. I am dissapointed that there isn't a dead peddle for my left foot, and the trip computer seems a little goofy. The temp controller seems to blow out of the dash vents no matter what. I would like to reduce the air flow, but the only way to do that is to deflect the air down.

Although I got a good deal, it seems like it is ceapening the brand to be dumping these cars on the market.

After experiencing the BMW EVERYTHING covered warranty, the GM warranty seems weak, plus I get treated infinetly better at the BMW dealar than I do at the Cadillac dealer.

#2 ·
Ben,

First, welcome to the Forums and to Cadillac ownership! I own a Lux III DTS and know what you mean about the mileage. As to the dead pedal, there is one of sorts on mine, but perhaps you are used to something different coming from a BMW. I may have an answer on the AC problem. Normally, the default setting is to blow air from the dash vents. If your car is doing it all the time, though, check to see that the routing dial (the one on the right) is set to "AUTO". There is a position on the dial for vent flow only, and you may have yours set to that spot.

I hear you about being a little disappointed in the content of the vehicle, but remember the Lux I is the "stripper" Caddy. Caddy has had a car like this forever (the Series 61, Series 62, Calais, etc.). I've avoided them personally, because I find their lack of content disturbing. I'd rather pay the money and get the real deal. That said, the Lux I is a decent car, but I understand what you mean about it could be more.

Happy motoring!

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.