Disabling Seat Belt Chime (07 DTS)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Disabling Seat Belt Chime (07 DTS) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning chime? Please don't give me any lectures and it is ...
    traffic_pe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Disabling Seat Belt Chime (07 DTS)

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning chime? Please don't give me any lectures and it is not illegal, just the proceedure that does not involve cutting or butcheriing. This is a sophisticated car. I recently found the proceedure for the full size Fords.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: Disabling Seat Belt Chime (07 DTS)

go to a junk yard and cut the clip off a GM seatbelt and plug it into yours. or you could make one. I bet you could cut one out of cardboard or maybe a piece of plexi glass and slip it into the seat belt. beats fooling around with the electronics

traffic_pe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks, I thought of that. My 2005 ford Crown Vic had a long and complicated set of instructions where you need to turn on the ignition, and plug and unplug the seatbelt 10 times within two minutes and the computer would disable the warning. So I'm sure the Cadillac has the same feature, but it is likely a trade secrete, as the manuf does not want the general public to know. And I agree, the general public are IDIOTS.

GTXgp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade AWD

Sorry for such a late reply... hopefully you have already figured out a solution. But, if not I have a very simple one for you. Normally there is a procedure for going into the settings to disable. However, the procedure is not in the owner's manual and I have not been notified of a Helms manual available for the car yet. Luckily, I have an easier approach that worked like a charm for me

Simply look under the seat and find the seatbelt sensor wire (tucked neatly under the seat near the base of the seatbelt latch) and simply disconnect the wire.

GM is sorta backwards from the way you would expect the car to react. You would think if the sensor is disconnected it would chime all the time but it is actually the opposite. Disconnecting it will eliminate the chime and you can quickly and easily plug it back in whenever you want.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions...

Adam
    '06 Lucerne CXS

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

What is a Helms manual. Is that something full of goodies such as eliminating the mommie scold you always get on the Nav system every time you start the car and possibly allowing the driver to set a destination while underway?

Helms manuals are basically 100% full function service manuals (not those crappy chilton ones you get at Autozone). And, since I went to their site to get the link it looks like they DO now have them available for both the 06 DTS & Lucerne for that matter I requested an email update from them when it was available... I guess they forgot

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...C795KCXS4GESCC

That link should work. If not, simply go to www.helminc.com and click on vehicle owner then choose your make, etc

On my link, the service manual you would want is the second link "2006 Cadillac DTS (KS-Platform) Service Manual Set" ...I see they also have one specific for the nav system that might help you disable that annoying feature

I'm ordering one right now, and I highly suggest it if you plan to do any tinkering.

Adam
    '06 Lucerne CXS

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I think if you buckle the seat belt the chime will stay off and the light in the IPC will go out.
    That doesn't involve cutting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I think if you buckle the seat belt the chime will stay off and the light in the IPC will go out.
    That doesn't involve cutting anything.
    I think the question here is... what if (for whatever reason) you don't want to use your seatbelt).

My method is simplying unplugging... no cutting required and can be disable/re-enabled in about 30sec.

I am curious if the service manual has some way to disable it in the computer like most other cars have.

Adam

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

No, the service manual does not have information on disabling this system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.