DTS power windows
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS power windows in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    fmoeller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

DTS power windows

I have the following problem with my 2006 DTS (Performance) and am looking to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if so, have you been able to resolve it.

On occasion the right two door windows and locks act as follows:

From the driver door controls press the lock button:
    1 – The front passenger door will not lock or unlock.
    2 – The rear passenger door locks and unlocks OK.

From the driver door controls press the window buttons:
    1 – The front passenger door window will not open or close.
    2 – The rear passenger door window will not open or close.
    3 – Both door windows will open from their individual controls.

When I turn off the ignition, remove the key, and get out all returns to normal.
    I think must actually get off the driver seat but I have yet to verify this.
    May be some kind of switch – in the seat?

I have demonstrated this to the service department. I did this by (when the problem on one of the few times that it happened) going to the service departments entrance, calling them on my cell phone and having them meet me in the parking area. They verified the problem but after calling Cadillac’s tech support line still do not have a solution. Their next step is to leave the car and try to trace the wiring.

Any advice or insight will be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: DTS power windows

this belongs in DTS instead of open letters

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

It could be a wiring problem as the dealer suggests, or perhaps the settings in the personalization mode (accessed via the DIC)? Too weird.

Good luck.

Craig

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

I've experienced the lock problem sporadically. Usually occurs when I start the car for the first time in the morning, only way front doors will lock is to manually push each lock down, but the rears will lock and unlock on command.

Since it happens so sporadically, maybe once every couple of weeks, that I just ignore it as a quirk in the car. But if it starts to occur more often, then I will definitely bring it to the dealers attention.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I turn on the radio before the NAV opening screen disappears, the whole system locks up. The only way I've remedied this is to wait about 10 minutes and restart the car. Just immediately stopping and starting the car does not reset the system. Thankfully this has only happened twice and I've self diagnosed and remember to not push the power button until the NAV screen has gone blank.

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    I've experienced the lock problem sporadically. Usually occurs when I start the car for the first time in the morning, only way front doors will lock is to manually push each lock down, but the rears will lock and unlock on command.

Since it happens so sporadically, maybe once every couple of weeks, that I just ignore it as a quirk in the car. But if it starts to occur more often, then I will definitely bring it to the dealers attention.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I turn on the radio before the NAV opening screen disappears, the whole system locks up. The only way I've remedied this is to wait about 10 minutes and restart the car. Just immediately stopping and starting the car does not reset the system. Thankfully this has only happened twice and I've self diagnosed and remember to not push the power button until the NAV screen has gone blank.
    Thanks for the feedback. Mine also is sporadic. I was able to demo to the dealer so it is a matter of record. I actually had them come out to the car on one of the few times that it happened. I will make a post if this is ever resolved. I will try what you describe with the NAV system to see what happens. The 10 minutes wait leads me to believe that is the same 10 minutes that it takes for the radio etc to shut off automatically after stopping the engine. You may want to try to get it to lock up, remove the key, and immediately get out of the car to see if that cause it to reset. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    It could be a wiring problem as the dealer suggests, or perhaps the settings in the personalization mode (accessed via the DIC)? Too weird.

Good luck.

Craig
    Thanks for the response. I don't think that it is in the DIC because it only occurs ocassionaly and when get out of the car and back in it acts normal (for awhile).

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post

I just tried as you described and my nav system does NOT lock up.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by fmoeller View Post
    I just tried as you described and my nav system does NOT lock up.

Tried to duplicate several times this weekend to no avail. Radio and NAV functioned properly on each occasion.

I did have one instance where the front passenger window would not express up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.