What the hell is a "Vintage Edition DTS 2006" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, What the hell is a "Vintage Edition DTS 2006" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Those Vogues are nice, too bad the DTS isn't Black on Black though....
    pabstcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Yep

Re: What the hell is a "Vintage Edition DTS 2006"

Those Vogues are nice, too bad the DTS isn't Black on Black though.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

What is wrong with it? What is it that makes you people loath anything that's not standard issue blah? I mean ok, the rims are tacky I would have gone with something more simple like the chrome ones that are optional from the factory. But other than that, WHY DO YOU HATE IT? I hate close minded people, and I don't want an answer like "because it's ugly as shit" I want to know why you hate cloth tops, and a little retro badging?

I love the grille and the top!!! Like I said, the rims&tires are a bit out there, but the vogues are supposed to go with the retro theme. Now if it had a luggage rack, that would be ugly. I don't care for the wing either.

If you took all that stuff off, and had that car plain from the factory in that color, it would look like a friggin rental car, I could look out the window and see 100.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The "vintage edition" usually means the one the dealer couldn't get off the lot since last August for love nor money. This unholy hodgepodge of tack-on trash looks like something my 85 year old aunt would think looks smart.

Sum up in two words: Gag me!

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Benson View Post
    A bunch of sleazy, aftermarket trash - that's what it is. A local dealer out here took a knockout black on black DTS Performance model, piled this toxic waste package on it, and then - to add insult to injury - tacked on something like an addtional $7,000 to the sticker. Now ask me if this horror has sold yet...................
    OK, here it is - November 20 - almost two months later, and this nightmare STILL hasn't sold.

Am I invisible? Whats wrong with a cloth top on a new DTS? Even though this one is slightly gaudy because of the excess trim and rims, I don't get what you guys see wrong with the whole car as a package. I think that a Deville with nothing on it at all looks like an elderly couple who doesn't really care about style, and just wants soft transportation owns it. No young guys drive stripped down late model Devilles with aluminum rims and beige paint.

ussyorktown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah. What's with the beige paint and interior? Is that an old fart thing? (I'm 57 yrs old). I see these DTSs for sale and they all have this computer color putty interior. Makes me want to puke. Are those things selling? I want a dark leather interior.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Wink Re: What the hell is a "Vintage Edition DTS 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post
    Am I invisible? Whats wrong with a cloth top on a new DTS? Even though this one is slightly gaudy because of the excess trim and rims, I don't get what you guys see wrong with the whole car as a package. I think that a Deville with nothing on it at all looks like an elderly couple who doesn't really care about style, and just wants soft transportation owns it. No young guys drive stripped down late model Devilles with aluminum rims and beige paint.
    No, Ben, you're not invisible. It's merely a question of personal preference. My major objection to dealer-added "appearance items" is that they tend to be of rather low quality and durability and usually look very poorly after a few years. This cheapens the car and, by extension, the brand's image. I will go as far as to say that the carriage top on the 2000+ DeVille/DTS works OK, mostly due to the faster backlight angle. It still doesn't work as well as it does on, say, your Phaeton or on a second generation Seville, but it's not completely distracting. Even the grille (minus the overbearing retro emblem) is OK. The striping is too bold and the low profile Vogues (an oxymoron if ever there was one) and overwrought rims conspire to push the whole package into Cheesyland. I'll stop here to avoid completely jacking the thread. If you want more arcane musings on vehicle style, pm me. You know I'll gladly hold forth without hesitation.

Craig

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've seen many of those at the cady dealerships. that package is done by Vogue. the put them On Buicks as well. for some reason older people buy them. so let's guys wait till we get old and then may be we'll understand the beauty of it

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

VIN 1G6KD57Y76U113440
    VEHICLE BUILD
    Merchandising Model : 6KD69 -2006 DTS - LUXURY I
    Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 2281 kg (5030 lb) Order Number : JKHVFM
    Build Date : 09/19/2005 Build Plant : 16UK
    OPTION CODES
    AQ9 - SEATS, FRT BUCKET, LEATHER AY0 - CURTAIN SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS
    B0U - PRODUCTION WEEK 37 CJ4 - HVAC SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONING, FRT & RR ELECTRONIC CONTROLS
    C1U - FLT--ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR DD7 - ELECTRONIC COMPASS MIRROR
    DEH - DETROIT/HAMTRAMCK PLANT DL5 - DECAL - ROADSIDE SERVICE INFO
    DS3 - MIRRORS, O/S LH & RH FE1 - SUSPENSION SYSTEM
    FE9 - FEDERAL EMISSIONS FLT - FLEET PROCESSING OPTION
    FV3 - 3.11 FINAL DRIVE RATIO IL2 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN
    JL9 - ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM KG4 - GENERATOR 150 AMP
    LD8 - 4.6 L NORTHSTAR V8 MH1 - TRANSMISSION AUTOMATIC
    MX0 - AUTO TRANSMISSION W/ OVERDRIVE NP5 - STEERING WHEEL LEATHER TRIM
    NT7 - EMISSION - FEDERAL PFF - 17" ALUMINUM WHEEL
    QD5 - ALUMINUM COMPACT SPARE WHEEL QJA - P235/55R17 S-RATED BLACKWALL
    R1I - ORNAMENTATION DECKLID WREATH/ CREST - DELUXE R6F - IDENTIFY B CODE USERS
    R6P - PREMIUM PAINT R9N - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
    TGA - LANGUAGE CONTROL ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH UE1 - ONSTAR SERVICE: INCLUDES 1 YR DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS PLAN
    UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR UQ3 - BASE 8-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM
    US8 - AM/FM/CD/MP3 WITH 8 SPEAKERS UV7 - RADIO ANTENNA - WINDSHIELD
    UY9 - CLUSTER KILO & MILES, MECHANICAL DISPLAY VQ2 - FLEET ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
    VX7 - LONG TERM DAILY RENTAL PROGRAM V73 - VEHICLE STATEMENT US/CANADA
    1SB - DTS - LUXURY I 1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT
    15I - NEUTRAL SHALE INTERIOR TRIM 15U - LIGHT CASHMERE
    152 - SHALE 6LL - COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SEL
    7LL - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 8MP - COMP RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
    9MP - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP

IT IS NOT WHAT IT Says it is.. Its a Fleet Vehicle..

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Ghetto meets geezer.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I like the grille, and the ducks on the emblem, but that's about it..

ussyorktown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love it, "WHERE GEEZER MEETS GHETTO!"
    I told my wifee that I am buying a Caddy whether she likes it or not. She can drive her Volvo or whatever, but I want a slightly pimped out Caddy. Daddy drove one, Grandpa drove one, I was born and raised in Detroit, and I drove em in the past and want to come home to a Cadillac. (Good thing that they sell so cheap with only 10,000 miles on em-go from $55,000 down to $25,000 !!!!)

devilleconcours100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours, 1981 Cadillac Seville

I've seen two of these cars before in my area (eastern NC). One was at the local Caddy dealership selling for 21k. (2004 Model) It actually looked pretty good, (some people like things a little different from oem, ok ) in black on black, and stated it was from a big caddy dealer in Virginia (A. Moore Cadillac of Tyson's Corner, to be exact). The other one I saw was at a local steakhouse, in the same color combo, the same year, but from Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh. Personally, I would like to have one. It reminds me of when my grandfather was a real estate developer in the 60's and 70's and when he would have a new Fleetwood or Eldorado every year or two. People saw those cars and said,"He must be doing real good to be driving a classy car like that." They really were shocked when he bought a 79 Fleetwood 75 Formal Limo , and had one of his employees drive him in it. These days it seems like the more stock the better, and usually thats not bad, but Caddys are kind of plain inside and out these days, and if the nearest we can have to the old days is this, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by devilleconcours100 View Post
    I've seen two of these cars before in my area (eastern NC). One was at the local Caddy dealership selling for 21k. (2004 Model) It actually looked pretty good, (some people like things a little different from oem, ok ) in black on black, and stated it was from a big caddy dealer in Virginia (A. Moore Cadillac of Tyson's Corner, to be exact). The other one I saw was at a local steakhouse, in the same color combo, the same year, but from Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh. Personally, I would like to have one. It reminds me of when my grandfather was a real estate developer in the 60's and 70's and when he would have a new Fleetwood or Eldorado every year or two. People saw those cars and said,"He must be doing real good to be driving a classy car like that." They really were shocked when he bought a 79 Fleetwood 75 Formal Limo , and had one of his employees drive him in it. These days it seems like the more stock the better, and usually thats not bad, but Caddys are kind of plain inside and out these days, and if the nearest we can have to the old days is this, ok.
    Listen to this man!! lol.

I don't really go for all the stuck on trim, but I do love the cloth top.

thebleek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BMW

Similarly, its not that bad, i wouldnt drive it over a regular DTS though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.