Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Happy days

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Happy days

I finally traded my 2004 SRX imitation Cadillac for a 2006 DTS, White Lightning, adaptive, sunroof, NAV and the works. This is my 4th DTS (No Devilles). This one is definately the best of breed.

I did experience one interesting moment. The other day I was trailing a police car who was probably 300 ft ahead of me and in the next lane. All of a sudden the adaptive cruise control started beeping and braking hard (well as hard as it can brake). I have 4K miles on the car and use the Adaptice Cruise all the time. I am wondering if the backward looking radar in the police cruiser might have causd this. No other cars in either lane for probably 1/4 mile, no turns, no concrete walls nearby. Not a big deal but just curious if the Adaptive cruise control might be a potential radar detector.

Just did a 1,500 mile trip and the nav was spot on all the way.

Imagine, I could have spent much more to get something almost as good made by a former WWII enemy. The SRX nearly wrecked my relationship with Cadillac, but, the world is round again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

Re: Happy days

What was wrong with the SRX. They are not really my stlye, but they look nice.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata

Infinitis have the same issues with adaptive cruise. Its not a feature I really care for.

Glad to see you've found a car that you like.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

The SRX wasn't a real Cadillac. The only thing it had going for it was a great 0 - 60 (V8 2 WDR) and they added 1 second to that with a fix that only applied to 4 WDR and then the idiots couldn't take it off. The quality was poor and it was a lousy trip car.

I use the adaptive CC all the time.